Sandra Bullock's Skin

(32 Posts)
RonaldMcDonald Tue 11-Feb-14 01:18:49

Seriously

She must have a pact with the devil or a portrait mouldering in an attic or maybe both

Amazing

maggiemight Wed 12-Feb-14 01:25:25

I've lived in California, I'm not sure what it is that people have done, some sort of skin peel, but what you notice is the whiteness of their skin. No blemishes, veins, pinkness on the cheeks, faint tan..... nothing. In fact they look a bit ghostly (see Meryl).

Whereas me, brought up in sunless Scotland has every blemish possible and a pink complexion, certainly not white. Whatever it is they do it works.

Floisme Wed 12-Feb-14 07:13:39

It's not real. Not only have these women had the best 'treatments' money can buy but their images are completely manipulated. I like Sandra Bullock and she's just making a living the best way she can but this is not what ageing is like. I think images like these are one of the reasons why we get so many 'OMG I'm 40 and I've just found a wrinkle' threads.

echt Wed 12-Feb-14 07:59:37

It's when you see Delpy, Annette Bening, etc. that you see what the others must have been doing by way of interventions.

Know what you mean about the white peel look. Someone at work had it and we were rapt with fascination. A truly weird look.

Wuxiapian Wed 12-Feb-14 08:02:13

She's had a little help along the way.

Floisme Wed 12-Feb-14 08:05:12

I feel very sorry for young women. They're being sold a lie and think we're setting them up for some serious body image problems when ageing actually hits them.

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Wed 12-Feb-14 08:23:55

I'm with the 'like her but she's definitely had work done' brigade.
I also have good skin and genes (had loads of compliments over the years), but since late 40s have developed proper eyebags and shrinking of flesh.
I reckon she's been having little tweaks over the years rather than one big overhaul which is more noticeable (and ageing).
She comes across as warm, genuine and funny imo, which is a rarity among stars at her level.

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Wed 12-Feb-14 08:25:55

Oh, and her jowls don't sag, which must be an impossibility at that age. < starts googling facial exercises >

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now