Purple shampoo

(12 Posts)
rockybalboa Sun 09-Feb-14 20:20:39

I am in dire need of one in order to sort out my nasty brassy blonde. Can anyone recommend a good one? Preferably one I can get in Boots without too much trouble.

Thanks!!

MrsLettuce Sun 09-Feb-14 20:27:20

AFAIK the Touch of Silver range is good.

Suzannewithaplan Sun 09-Feb-14 20:35:01

you can make your own with manic panic purple hair dye, just put a tiny bit into either shampoo or conditioner, that's what I do, works as well as the touch or silver

trainersandaches Sun 09-Feb-14 20:39:51

The best I have used is Schwarzkopf Colour Save - I was a devotee of Touch of Silver before that but this is great!!

I use Lee Stafford. The hot shots are very good. Available in boots.

ChippyMinton Sun 09-Feb-14 20:42:22

Lee Stafford (i think) does one. I ws looking for the touch of silver i n boots i found that instead. There's a shampoo and a 'shot' for intensive treatment.

rockybalboa Sun 09-Feb-14 22:08:01

I saw a couple of recommendations online for the Schwarzkopf one, can you buy that in Boots etc or is it an in-salon buy please?

Chicinwellies Sun 09-Feb-14 22:29:42

I've used the Lee Stafford one for a couple of years but last month my new hairdresser convinced me to try the Schwarzkopf one and it's Much better for my colour treated hair, it's very soft afterwards and platinum tones are back :0)

Cocolepew Sun 09-Feb-14 22:36:43

If you have a B&M Bargains or Home Bargains near you they do the Touch Of Silver and another one which I can't remember very cheap. I think I paid £1.

AppleYumYum Sun 09-Feb-14 23:12:07

Yes another to say I highly recommend the Schwarzkopf Bonacure Color Save Silver Shampoo. I buy the salon size 1 litre bottles from eBay usually, much cheaper than those tiny bottles. I only use it every 3 or so washes so it lasts ages.

teta Sun 09-Feb-14 23:19:49

I always buy mine from the Pound shop.I am not convinced that the hairdressers £20 one is better(in fact my stylist said she buys hers from the pound shop).

trainersandaches Mon 10-Feb-14 11:31:13

It is dear from the hairdresser but eBay is definitely your friend!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now