Has anyone bought Kelly Brook clothing from New Look?

(135 Posts)
boogagirl Sun 09-Feb-14 17:29:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ShatzePage Sun 09-Feb-14 18:04:17

No bizarrely they are not cut bigger in the boobs. They are extremely short too which spoils the retro look she tries to emulate. I recommend Lady vintage for 50's style dresses.

FallenFlower Sun 09-Feb-14 18:06:21

I have three dresses from her ranges, and they do have enough room for my boobs - I'm a 32DD. I like them for that reason! It does depend on the individual dress though, I think. Some of them squished my books out the front, which wasn't too classy.

They tend to be shorter than you'd imagine, too!

boogagirl Sun 09-Feb-14 18:30:34

SorrelForbes Sun 09-Feb-14 21:31:49

One thing I will say is that as a size 8/10 it's unlikely you're actually a 32 band. Have you read any of the bra threads?

Kelly Brook is probably around a 28/30 HH.

boogagirl Mon 10-Feb-14 11:14:44

SorrelForbes Mon 10-Feb-14 11:20:26

Hmmm, no it really isn't! Have you been measured at M&S by any chance? Have a read of this and re-measure.

I'm a 10/12 and wear a 30 band (and can fit into a 28 in some brands).

The points I was trying to make is that a) it's unlikely that NL have designed these dresses for bigger busted ladies as they don't even stock the correct bras for someone of KB's size and b) you're almost certainly not a 32b.

goodasitgets Mon 10-Feb-14 11:22:50

I'm a 32/34 band and a size 16

SorrelForbes Mon 10-Feb-14 11:29:07

* are that

keatsybeatsy Mon 10-Feb-14 12:30:53

Sorrel is right - KB is constantly mentioned in articles as having a bra size that would get her thrown off the MN intervention threads! When you look at the (shiny, not very nice) underwear ranges she does for New Look, she isn't wearing the right size in a lot of them either. I'm a 32 and size 14 too.

boogagirl Mon 10-Feb-14 17:10:36

If you go to Bravissimo or John Lewis then you'll get a bra measurement which will probably give you a much more flattering fit OP. Seriously, try the bra intervention threads and the bra guru blog which has pictures of what a really well fitting bra looks like - a tighter band and larger cup size will probably look fantastic.

PeterParkerSays Mon 10-Feb-14 17:21:05

boogagirl, I'm an 8 on top, a 10 round the hips, and a 32C.

How did this get from New Look frocks to Size 8 check cup sizes? confused

SorrelForbes Mon 10-Feb-14 17:22:52

Well, yes actually you could all be wrong. As, I suppose, could I.
However, knowing that Debenhams still persist in following a very outdated method of fitting (erroneously adding 4/5" to all under bust measurement) I would say that it's a safe bet that they measured you incorrectly.

I agree, there is no 'normal', however, when measured correctly it would be very strange for a size 8/10 to be a 32. I have helped fit a few teens (daughters of friends and relatives) and not one has been smaller than a D cup and these are girls with small 'buds'. I think out of all the bra intervention threads over the last two years, there have only been two B cups and no As or AAs.

Go on, humour me and have a measure. You never know...

Have a read:
thebetterbracampaign.blogspot.co.uk/p/fitting-advice.html
fullerfigurefullerbust.com/2012/08/16/bra-sizes-do-not-exist-without-back-sizes/

SorrelForbes Mon 10-Feb-14 17:24:02

How did this get from New Look frocks to Size 8 check cup sizes? Just me trying to explain that the fact that KB is involved with these clothes probably means nothing. Just trying to help and all that.

SorrelForbes Mon 10-Feb-14 17:24:45

Oh, and PeterParkerSays, I bet you're not a 32 band either wink

boogagirl Mon 10-Feb-14 17:34:22

boogagirl Mon 10-Feb-14 17:36:12

boogagirl Mon 10-Feb-14 17:37:13

SorrelForbes Mon 10-Feb-14 17:47:06

Nope, I'm not incorrect, I've got enough experience at this to know I'm right about bra fitting. Yes many size 8s 'wear' a 32 (and bigger), that doesn't mean they are wearing the right size.

It's absolutely possible that as a size 8 you measure 32 under bust (without adding any inches to the actual measurement) and 34 across bust, of course it is. It's just very unusual that's all. Most people's under bust measurement is close to their waist measurement if that helps?

As for shop website, well, they nearly all follow the old outdated method of adding inches to the under bust measurement. This method ensures that people are shoe horned into a very small range of sizes thus maximising profit. Things are changing, but slowly.

OK, I'm going to gracefully withdraw, no offence intended.

boogagirl Mon 10-Feb-14 17:48:04

WeGotAnnie Mon 10-Feb-14 20:01:04

I'm a tall size 12, 34D. Prbs similar figure to Kelly (though not as gorgeous lol). They dont fit me. Too small, tight, short.

boogagirl Mon 10-Feb-14 21:37:36

singaporeswing Tue 11-Feb-14 03:11:30

I have a similar figure as Kelly Brook, size 10-12.

I'm in a 30GG.

I used to wear 34D and had major quadra-boob, back fat and no waist. Bra interventions on Mumsnet from Sorrell and Statistically gave me a figure.

PinkandTwinkly Tue 11-Feb-14 03:18:37

Bogagirl-when clothing stores say a size 8-10 is a 32—34 around the bust, but isn't that your over bust measurement, rather than underbust? As in what size the clothes will accommodate?

I'm neither a size 8 nor a 32 bust (I'm a 38J and dress size 22) but that's how i read it
Just looked and the average bust measurement for a size 22 is 48 inches. No way am i, nor any other size 22 a 48 inch underbust.

Oh and the KB dresses don't go up to my size, but have had a look and they are pretty short.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now