what knickers do you wear?!

(49 Posts)
ShyGirlie Sun 09-Feb-14 09:33:00

Sorry for nosey question, but having underwear problems at the mo!

I used to always wear sort of bikini style pants (low rise, high cut sorta style). However, in the last 6 months i felt they were ALWAYS going up my bum, sliding down my hips (ie. a builders bum look) and i swear i seem to have some sort of elastic allergy as they were seriously irritating the top of my leg (groin area).

Tried a few different kinds and the only sort which seem to be comfy and "unnoticable" when wearing them are full brief style granny pants sad sad sad They stay in place, cover my backside and because they arent so high cut, the elastic doesnt irritate or dig in.

However, its making me feel sad - i feel frumpy and generally down. im too young to be wearing granny pants!!

Does anyone else understand this problem or am i alone?!? What styles / brands do you find comfortable??

My life is extremely busy with a hectic job. im always rushing around at 100mph and have a thousand people making demands on me, so i cant stand feelimg bothered about my underwear on top of everything else! sad

gruffalosmile Sun 09-Feb-14 11:52:58

M&S high legs here too, I find they cover my tummy without looking too frumpy. I just wish they did more pretty styles in them, they do loads of shorts style/brazilian style in all colours and designs, but I don't like those as they sit too low on my baggy Mummy tummy.

OldRoan Sun 09-Feb-14 11:55:41

M&S low rise shorts - they aren't very low rise, and they aren't very much like shorts, but they are very comfy!

HappyAsEyeAm Sun 09-Feb-14 12:02:01

I like ma md s brazilian or high leg. High keg more so now tgt I ave a bot of a belly after two c sections and I need to lose half a stone.

I am a size 10-12 (even bought a size 8 skirt this week, which is the most obvious case of vanity sizing I gave ever seen), but I buy size 14 knickers.

SniffAndMoomintroll Sun 09-Feb-14 12:15:32

Usually matching knickers for the bras I own - so Panache, Masquerade, Curvy Kate, Flirtelle etc - the briefs rather than the thongs.

Then I have assorted random shorts or bikini ones I've bought en masse from Figleaves sale, M&S black cotton multi-pack bikini pants (not the ones with the strings at the side). My favourite pair of shortie-style pants are from Primark, blue cotton polka dot and a much more flattering cut than most boyshorts.

noddyholder Sun 09-Feb-14 12:20:02

M and S brazilian and I have a couple of those Mary Portas ones I got as a present which I love and intend to buy more of

TossedSaladsAndScrambledEggs Sun 09-Feb-14 12:21:33

Plain black cotton shorties, sometimes with a lace trim! Always at least a size up. Hate uncomfortable underwear - life's too short! smile

TossedSaladsAndScrambledEggs Sun 09-Feb-14 12:23:39

I also only ever really wear plain black t shirt bras, so everything still matches! I necessary I wear nude underwear, never white, but I tend to dress in darker colours so it is not really an issue.

hipster briefs with a thick lace waistband from primark. Very comfy and the only pants I didn't need to size up in to get a good fit. otherwise, it's variously patterned boy shorts, again from primark

LightastheBreeze Sun 09-Feb-14 12:30:54

These from M&S

Very comfy and no vpl

ShyGirlie Sun 09-Feb-14 14:55:49

wow, blown away by responses!!

Going to investigate some of these. Def the m and s ones. Where can you buy victorias secret in uk? (for more special occasions)

Am also going to try buying a bigger size (though i hate the thought!!) as that sounds like it would help.

def agree with whoever said life is too short for uncomfy undies!! smile smile

fitflopqueen Sun 09-Feb-14 15:05:01

Victoria's Secret shop in Trafford Centre, not sure where else

Granny pants here. I look out for nicer ones as well but day to day usually just plain cotton multipacks of m&s or sloggi full briefs. M&s often have nicer lacy ones in the 3 for £10 section.

I brought a pack of sainsburys full briefs with lace waistband on recommendation from MN they are a good thick cotton but huge! Brought my usual size and could fit me and dp in them. Also pack said 5 pairs and I didn't notice until I got home that there were only 4. Will give them a go again next week though.

Mrswellyboot Sun 09-Feb-14 15:08:19

I have had all sorts of knickers and had a c section and now need a full pant. I gt absolutely beautiful navy lace ones that go up high and roomy even in my usual size in primark!

I couldn't believe it. I was willing to spend a lot more.

lifesgreatquestions Sun 09-Feb-14 15:12:44

OMG thunder pants are amazing - am currently looking to see if I can get some. Thanks Thewomantheycalljane!

spookyskeleton Sun 09-Feb-14 15:14:22

I have the ones that mrspmt linked too from m&s. They are incredibly comfortable, don't ride up your bottom and look pretty because if the lace. They also do g-string versions which I wear when I am wearing trousers that would show a VPL. Again, very comfortable smile

TheRaniOfYawn Sun 09-Feb-14 15:25:23

My stepmum brought me back a pair of Thunderpants from holiday and they were so wonderful that for a while I considered setting myself up as a uk distributer. Mine are so old that they are now relegated to period comfort pants but I still love them.

TheRaniOfYawn Sun 09-Feb-14 15:26:13

The test of the time I have those lave top M&S ones. I am Queen of comfy knickers.

TheBuskersDog Sun 09-Feb-14 16:05:15

Another vote for M and S brazilian. I always buy a size up in knickers too.

I like the M&S midis in a slinky, silky fabric rather than the cotton ones. Comfortable, no VPL and wash well.

Innogen Sun 09-Feb-14 16:20:31

Only thongs.

Thongs all the time, can't bear the feeling of knickers under trousers, they bunch up and just feel horrible! I do wear knickers (bikini briefs I guess you'd call them) in bed though

whitecat Sun 09-Feb-14 18:18:58

Are knickers generally part of your night attire?

brightnearly Sun 09-Feb-14 18:28:22

Thunderpants - what a farty name, what brilliant knickers!!!!

Weelady77 Sun 09-Feb-14 18:39:59

Shorts or thongs and pants when it's the time of the month

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now