what knickers do you wear?!

(49 Posts)
ShyGirlie Sun 09-Feb-14 09:33:00

Sorry for nosey question, but having underwear problems at the mo!

I used to always wear sort of bikini style pants (low rise, high cut sorta style). However, in the last 6 months i felt they were ALWAYS going up my bum, sliding down my hips (ie. a builders bum look) and i swear i seem to have some sort of elastic allergy as they were seriously irritating the top of my leg (groin area).

Tried a few different kinds and the only sort which seem to be comfy and "unnoticable" when wearing them are full brief style granny pants sad sad sad They stay in place, cover my backside and because they arent so high cut, the elastic doesnt irritate or dig in.

However, its making me feel sad - i feel frumpy and generally down. im too young to be wearing granny pants!!

Does anyone else understand this problem or am i alone?!? What styles / brands do you find comfortable??

My life is extremely busy with a hectic job. im always rushing around at 100mph and have a thousand people making demands on me, so i cant stand feelimg bothered about my underwear on top of everything else! sad

goodasitgets Sun 09-Feb-14 09:35:06

Full (ish!) coverage from Victoria's Secret. Can't link as website down but will try later
I like the patterns and they have lace as the waistband, don't slip down or ride up

Looby12 Sun 09-Feb-14 09:38:14

M+S shortie ones they are a sort of sheeny material with cotton gusset. Not exactly sexy but not too grannyish

goodasitgets Sun 09-Feb-14 09:40:30
goodasitgets Sun 09-Feb-14 09:43:28
burnishedsilver Sun 09-Feb-14 09:52:34

M&S high leg. They are in between bikini and granny. I find they fit perfectly.

eurochick Sun 09-Feb-14 09:55:10

M&S/Calvin shorties. Worn them for years. Comfy (don't ride up) and don't look too bad.

HelloBoys Sun 09-Feb-14 10:08:44

I normally get Top Shop/accessorize etc i suppose theyre bikini style. Sometimes H&M stuff French knickers. Quite full coverage.

Uniqlo hip huggers I got Friday are nice, fairly full coverage but also snug and cotton. Very nice and a new buy. £5.99 a pair

HelloBoys Sun 09-Feb-14 10:10:19

Oh if you mean bikini with that thread at side no not those hate!

TallulahBetty Sun 09-Feb-14 10:31:16

M&S g-strings (which they have infuriatingly discontinued -good job I stocked up).

Sometimes I will wear a thong instead but they're not as comfy.

LittleYellowDuck Sun 09-Feb-14 10:37:00

New Look Lacey short style ones - got about 12 pairs for £1 each in the sales all different colours
Wear old cotton multipack Tesco pants for going to bed / under pyjamas though as I like to be comfy

whitecat Sun 09-Feb-14 10:50:44

Try a larger size. They could be skimping on material. I always by a bigger size.

I have the same problem as you and having tried loads of different types I've stuck with full briefs (in black as they're slightly less frumpy) as I prefer to not feel like I'm being cheese wired or having to constantly retrieve them. I feel more confident for not being aware of them all day than I would in something sexier and less comfy.

I've always fancied trying thunderpants but they're just too far out of my price range.

I dream of winning the lottery and not having to worry about what I spend on u derwear

Great big sloggi mum pants grin

I have been a granny pants convert for about a year now.
Like you OP I am a 100mph sort of person and just cannot be bothered anymore.
Thanks for the thunderpants link Jayne they look awesome! grin
If the quality's good they may be worth the money...

Glitterfeet Sun 09-Feb-14 11:16:08

www.clothingattesco.com/shorts/f+f-2-pair-pack-of-seamfree-shorts/invt/ca339007&bklist=icat,4,shop,lingerie-shop,knickers

Most comfortable underwear I've owned.

KatoPotato Sun 09-Feb-14 11:18:09

Primark no VPL shorts!

SweetPeaPods Sun 09-Feb-14 11:22:20

I'm in the same dilemma OP, but being late 20s I feel too young for granny pants, however the ones I bought for after having ds are surprisingly comfy.
If are going for comfort, how do we then also avoid the vpl? !

buttercrumble Sun 09-Feb-14 11:27:36

M&S midis , well frumpy but dead comfy smile

MrsPMT Sun 09-Feb-14 11:32:39

For 'everyday' M&S high leg with lace

these

WeGotAnnie Sun 09-Feb-14 11:34:48

I wear granny pants with pride. Mine are black Falkers tummy control ones. Comfy, stretchy and hold everything in, but not hardcore sweaty betty ones like Spanx.

I have a drawer full of flimsy, lacy lingerie I get out for Christmas and birthdays grin

CominThroughTheWry Sun 09-Feb-14 11:40:33

Sloggi chic knickers. Everything else creeps across my left cheek. I vary between the tai and the midi depending on what I'm wearing.

I used to be a string fan, but thanks to M&S's rear view mirrors I decided they were no longer a good idea. grin

goodasitgets Sun 09-Feb-14 11:47:01
Suzannewithaplan Sun 09-Feb-14 11:51:25

M&S no vpl
Very comfortable
Can't wear any other style

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now