What's your favourite cream blush?

(34 Posts)
AnnabelleDarling Sat 08-Feb-14 22:00:33

I have a hankering after a pretty pink cream blush. Has anyone tried the new Chanel ones, or the Bourjois?

Merci smile

cardoon Sat 08-Feb-14 22:13:28

I bought Chanel Intonation (spring 2014) yesterday - love it, nicest blusher ever. Sort of cream-powder formula, need to be quite careful not to put too much on but very pretty colour.

SorrelForbes Sat 08-Feb-14 22:14:30

I use the Chanel cream blush ever day. The brightest pink shade. It's lovely, very light and easy to blend.

TwoNoisyBoys Sat 08-Feb-14 22:33:26

I use the Bourjois one.....don't remember the name (too lazy to go upstairs and look!) but I think it's 'Rose' something.....? Anyway, it's lovely. Long lasting and easy to apply, and v reasonable smile

charitygirl Sat 08-Feb-14 22:36:41

I like the Topshop cream blushes.

Mintymoomoo Sat 08-Feb-14 22:45:07

Mac - ladyblush I think it's called

pinkpeoniesx Sun 09-Feb-14 11:22:01

I use the Chanel cream blush in Affinité nearly every day. It blends beautifully and is so pigmented I've hardly even made a dent in it after two months. I've found buffing it in with the real techniques stippling brush the best for me smile

HelloBoys Sun 09-Feb-14 11:24:46

I've got a MAC one that's nice.

Tbh I don't see much between it and the maybelline Creme blush!

I love chanel affinite too. On a budget revlon do a lovely pink and peach one.

Cocolepew Sun 09-Feb-14 11:27:00

I use a peachy Maybellinei one and a pink Bourjois that is supposed to turn the right pinkness for your skin tone.

LoveIsTheDrug Sun 09-Feb-14 11:29:43

I like the Revlon ones tbh. A bit drier than a lot of others so better on my oily/normal skin. The YSL ones are supposed to be excellent, creamier, so better if you're on the drier side.

I've tried the Bourjois, I like them but the colours don't really work for me.

Like PP I use the RT stippling brush to apply

scottishmummy Sun 09-Feb-14 11:40:27

Max Factor do a nice one - easily as good as my Bobbi Brown one which cost twice as much. Also I noticed Revlon have a new one out - haven't bought it, but tried it in the shop & it seemed really good.

scottishmummy Sun 09-Feb-14 12:16:14

What's a stipling brush?

AnnabelleDarling Sun 09-Feb-14 12:16:57

Great ideas here, thanks!

I have a maybelline peach one and a No 7 limited edition one by Lisa Eldridge from last year - it is very bright in the palate, nearly fuchsia, looks lovely on though. It looks very like the Chanel Affinite.

I like the look of the BB Pot Rouge in Pale Pink, or the Chanel in Inspiration. I love the EL, will certainly check that out in RL.

I have just remembered Stila Convertible Colour too.

Does anyone have one with a slight irridescence to it?

DrNick Sun 09-Feb-14 12:17:34

Bb

Steben Sun 09-Feb-14 12:18:14

I love the chanel best blush I have ever had by a country mile - wish they did eye colours in same formula!!!

LoveIsTheDrug Sun 09-Feb-14 14:23:49

I find the pot rouge & stila a bit greasy. Basically, any if the lip/cheek ones are a no no for me. If it's emollient enough for lips then it'll be too greasy for my face and won't 'set' properly, unfortunately.

LoveIsTheDrug Sun 09-Feb-14 14:25:30

steben the Chanel eye shadows the US get are a much better formula. We get the baked ones and they're a bit sheer and hard for me. The American ones are a more trad formulation and come up quite buttery, like the Burberry shadows. Nice.

LoveIsTheDrug Sun 09-Feb-14 14:26:02

(Although still powder, not cream, obvs)

DrNick Sun 09-Feb-14 14:56:49

whats the chanel one called?

kingbeat23 Sun 09-Feb-14 15:13:57

I use the Bourjois one but I don't really like it. The Maybeline dream cream is nicer and goes on better than the other. Bourjois can be a little Aunt Sally if you get too much on.

I like the Max Factor one - it is bright pink in the pot.

LittleBabyPigsus Sun 09-Feb-14 16:51:41

LoveIsTheDrug I know it sounds weird but Collection's matte lip cream (I think it's called cream puff?) makes a great cream blusher, and would be especially good on oilier skin since it's more of a powdery cream if that makes sense? It dries matte and stays put.

I also like the MUA cream blusher (it's £3 I think, it's in the Pro line), big range of colours for a budget brand too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now