Ugg boots - yes or no?

(40 Posts)
MrsPatrickDempsey Sat 08-Feb-14 17:29:43

Found a rum and raisin coloured pair half price. Never had any before. Any advice please on practicality, colour (kind of purple) and whether they are a bit past it or not!

MuttonCadet Sat 08-Feb-14 17:32:37

They're ugly, and (apparently - according to fb) manufactured in a way that's more than usually cruel to animals.

MuttonCadet Sat 08-Feb-14 17:34:34

But if you like them go for it, I certainly still see a lot of people wearing them.

(Please note I am not on a yummy mummy South Kensington school run, more around the S Yorks, ugg boots or wellies region)

Innogen Sat 08-Feb-14 17:34:53

They are not stylish, but I love mine.

They are the shoes I wear on hangover days, after killing my feet in stilettos.

Leggings, oversized sweatshirt, last nights makeup, uggs. Reminds me of my university days!

buttercrumble Sat 08-Feb-14 17:42:41

Got mine on now , I think they have had their moment . But they are comfy as hell.

K999 Sat 08-Feb-14 17:44:30

I practically live in mine! But I only buy the ones with the hiker sole as they last forever and don't lose their shape.

WhereIsMyHat Sat 08-Feb-14 17:50:34

I have a pair of celtic boots that I would recommend but not for fashion but comfort and warmth. They're also made in the UK without the animal welfare concerns that Ugg Australia have.

WhereIsMyHat Sat 08-Feb-14 17:50:45
noviceoftheday Sat 08-Feb-14 17:51:29

They're not practical in anyway whatsoever but yet they are fab. Stuff what anyone else thinks grin

siblingrevelry Sat 08-Feb-14 17:58:05

I have to be virtually prised out of mine to go to bed. Had I not put my foot in a pair I'd have never believed you could justify £150 on a pair of boots, but once I did I was a lost women.

This is obviously one of many style faux-pas I must commit (a small part of me felt quite young and trendy in them until I read MN hmm)

FiddleDeeDees Sat 08-Feb-14 20:12:28

I second the recommendation for Celtic and Co - just got a pair of their boots and absolutely love them...

eurochick Sat 08-Feb-14 20:14:23

I love mine (so warm and comfy), but they are not great for this wet winter. I haven't been able to wear them that much.

eurochick Sat 08-Feb-14 20:15:25

BTW, I ordered a pair from Celtic & Co before I tried Uggs, but the fit was not good (right size but the heel slopped up and down) so I ended up with Uggs.

peasandlove Sat 08-Feb-14 20:21:44

they are great to wear at home like slippers. Not sure who decided they were supposed to be worn out. I have a pair of Emus, just as good, half the price.

I have 2 pairs of Kensingtons, they are years and years old and even though I wear them daily, are immaculate.
Nothing else comes close for cosiness, warmth and practicality IMO

Nerfmother Sat 08-Feb-14 20:26:44

I go from my grey uggs to my ugg slippers. I love them.

Blueuggboots Sat 08-Feb-14 20:33:03

I bought a pair in September and they've developed a hole in the front of them! I'm gutted. I'm waiting to hear from their warranty department. £150 and wearing out after 4 months!! I don't wear them for fashion, I lived in New Zealand when I was 20 and they were slippers.
I hate that they got so popular and cost 10 times the price they did!

IamInvisible Sat 08-Feb-14 20:43:07

I love my Uggs and my Celtic Sheepskins. I desperately want some navy blue Uggs, but my grey ones are one their fourth Winter and still look like new.

TheHandbagOfGlory Sat 08-Feb-14 20:45:38

I have a pair of Celtic and Co Aqualambs, warm and comfy. Crucially also waterproof. Best money I have ever spent.

cloudskitchen Sat 08-Feb-14 23:46:25

I love mine to. Have read about people washing them in the machine. Anyone tried?

Weelady77 Sun 09-Feb-14 01:08:30

I love mine I've got the bailey button just now, I'm still wearing a pair for pottering about that I bought in America in 2008!

brokenhearted55a Sun 09-Feb-14 20:07:14

I wore them in -10ºc cold. Feet barely felt the cold.

not practical as in cant get them wet.

GreatGardenstuff Mon 10-Feb-14 18:01:59

They don't look great, but I love them for warmth and comfort. I can't imagine how I used to cope in winter before them.

You can get Ugg Kensingtons wet, they are just leather furry biker boots.

Roxanne01 Mon 10-Feb-14 18:11:43

I love my uggs - so comfortable - nothing compares

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now