Can anyone recommend a Didrikson coat that is flattering?

(63 Posts)
bishboschone Sat 08-Feb-14 11:16:25

I went and tried some on today as I'm fed up of getting wet at school. The ones I saw were all very manly . I've seen ones that look nicer on line . Has anyone got one that is a nice shape and super waterproof with a massive hood ( loved the hood!) Tia

bishboschone Sat 08-Feb-14 13:25:39

I have found the Thelma on line . It looks nice . Has anyone per chance got this one ?

claudeekishi Sat 08-Feb-14 14:00:49

The Cathlyn looks boring from the front but really nice from behind. But I have ceased to care about flattering now that I own a Didrikson. It's warm and totally rainproof, I'm happy smile

bishboschone Sat 08-Feb-14 14:02:48

Is that the one you have ?

claudeekishi Sat 08-Feb-14 14:10:43

Yes!

bishboschone Sat 08-Feb-14 14:42:42

Thanks .. I'll look.. Did you get it online ? There aren't many shops that sell them around here.

DrNick Sat 08-Feb-14 14:52:57

get the North face one I have - EVERY TIME i wear it I get a rl compliment.

lurkingaround Sat 08-Feb-14 15:05:43

Which north face have you DrN? Was hoping to pick up one or a Didrikson in the sales. Yy I know, slim chance, but no harm in hoping.

bishboschone Sat 08-Feb-14 15:05:44

Can you do a link or give me a name ? I need to be dry !

DrNick Sat 08-Feb-14 15:08:30

sure - think its called the artic or summat.
This woman nobbled me at rugby - am SURE it was a mumsnetter to ask me about it and i tell you EVERY TIME someone admires it. Blokes too

DrNick Sat 08-Feb-14 15:09:13
DrNick Sat 08-Feb-14 15:09:59
bishboschone Sat 08-Feb-14 15:18:31

How is the hood? Te good on the Didrikson is brilliant ! grin

LoveIsTheDrug Sat 08-Feb-14 15:21:45

<snort> @ busty

I must be weird. I don't get the Didrikson love. They just look like frumptastic MumCoats to me confused

TeamWill Sat 08-Feb-14 15:22:03

I have a Northface Artic Parka and it is very warm- it has to be very cold for me to get it out !

I also have a Merrell (cant remember the name) which is waterproof and in its 3rd year of wear. Its very similar to the Merrell Miette which is very nicely shaped.

bishboschone Sat 08-Feb-14 15:23:44

I didn't get thrm either but I'm fed up of being wet ! The good is genius . I have a fabulous puffa coat from Zara for when it's cold . I just need waterproof and wind proof for when it's raining . I went into blacks and mountain warehouse and there are no nice coats .. !!

bishboschone Sat 08-Feb-14 15:23:55

Hood

LoveIsTheDrug Sat 08-Feb-14 15:24:33

Will, mate has a north face coat and says the same. In fact hers is one of the down puffa ones so she hardly wears it because it can't get rained on! What a waste of a couple of hundred quid!

TeamWill Sat 08-Feb-14 15:25:17

I agree Love they are quite baggy .
I love my Merrell it gives me a nice curvy shape but there was a weird "My coat has nipples "thread about it < mine doesn't> grin

MissWimpyDimple Sat 08-Feb-14 15:26:20

Didriksons amazing but built for slim hipped long limbed people. If you are bottom heavy or short armed, the fit more than likely won't work for you.

I have the Naomi and it rocks. But it's generous even for my long arms, so not for the petite...

TeamWill Sat 08-Feb-14 15:28:20

The Northface Artic parka is waterproof - I wore it all last year in the snow .
Its too warm for the weather atm but a godsend when it snows.

bishboschone Sat 08-Feb-14 15:28:24

Feather coats aren't waterproof . The only ones are the ones with feathers inside so no one knows and you look 6 sizes bigger .. !

Graciescotland Sat 08-Feb-14 15:28:47

I have the didrikson taylor I bought it at Tiso when they had a 15% off coats day before christmas. Couldn't find it cheaper anywhere else. It has a really good shape. Great for the school run.

bishboschone Sat 08-Feb-14 15:29:35

I am long limbed or skinny . I don't care about sleeves being too long as it will keep my hands warm and I'm used to sleeves being long. I just want to be dry and preferably not look like a sack .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now