Still looking for a charcoal grey bag..

(39 Posts)
SorrelForbes Fri 07-Feb-14 18:20:21

It needs to be leather, one strap and have silver or same colour hardware. Preferably hobo style. Help me ladies of S&B, Google has failed.

StyleOverSubstance Sun 09-Feb-14 10:06:44

Oooh, that Amelia bag is gorgeous, keep us updated on it Sorrel. I have a similar design in brown I bought a couple of years ago and love it.

Would never have thought of looking on Etsy, but a really good idea as it means you can get exactly what you want if someone is making it to order, or get something a little different than what is available on the high street...... and am thinking a little ahead here in terms of items of jewellery etc too.

SorrelForbes Wed 12-Feb-14 13:55:45

Update:

My new Amelia bag arrived this afternoon and it is a thing of beauty! I absolutely love it. It's the perfect colour and size and best of all comes with two different handles (one very short for carrying it under the armpit) and another adjustable one which is long enough (if needed) to go across the body. If I had one tiny issue, I would like a couple of compartments inside as there's just one small zip pocket.

I thought not having a zipped top might be a problem but the two poppers keep it fastened very nicely. The leather is nice and soft too.

What a bargain at £125!

LittleG69 Wed 12-Feb-14 15:22:07

Hello Sorrel would you be able to post a couple of photos please as I am very tempted thanks

SorrelForbes Wed 12-Feb-14 16:47:23

Here you are (they're not great!)

LittleG69 Wed 12-Feb-14 16:57:01

Ooh that is nice. Thanks for posting the pictures

Ooh, lovely. Is it heavy?

stillfrazzled Thu 13-Feb-14 07:29:46

Sorrel, you've already cost me a fortune in bras and now I need an Edward de Lacy bag. You are the harbinger of doom for my bank account!

SorrelForbes Thu 13-Feb-14 10:05:48

AgentProvocateur No not heavy at all but not so light that you don't know it's there IYSWIM?

stillfrazzled Oops blush

StyleOverSubstance Fri 14-Feb-14 19:23:23

envy that bag really is a thing of beauty Sorrell, bet you are really pleased with it...... am very tempted to buy same.

Did the seller offer you a choice of linings or choose themselves to match the outside colour of the bag?

SorrelForbes Fri 14-Feb-14 20:14:11

I'm not sure actually as I just bought the one that was on the site, as it. I suspect though, that you could email them to ask what lining material they have available?

SorrelForbes Fri 14-Feb-14 20:14:47

I used it today and two ladies in HoF commented on it grin

StyleOverSubstance Sun 16-Feb-14 12:24:07

Bet you were really pleased at comments, nice to have something that is exactly what you want and unique, so you wont see every other person with same bag and yet is much admired by others.

KosherBacon Tue 18-Feb-14 08:45:53

How are you getting on with your new bag? I'm listing after it!

SorrelForbes Tue 18-Feb-14 10:29:47

StyleOverSubstance Absolutely!

KosherBacon I've used it every day so I think it's fair to say it's a hit! I love the short strap, the bag just sits really nicely under my armpit and is light and not too big. I can definitely see me ordering another bag in the future.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now