Anyone from Lancashire / Manchester who can recommend a good hairdresser

(24 Posts)
ElBombero Fri 07-Feb-14 12:02:40

Want a complete colour change which will involve bleach and all sorts of nasties so want a really good hairdresser / colourist. I'm
in Bolton but will travel and willing to pay premium really if it means it does the job properly n doesn't ruin my locks

Carey & Carey in oldham.

LunchLadyWannabe Fri 07-Feb-14 12:04:26

The beauty booth, walmersley road, bury, its Alan that does the hair there.

I dont go anywhere else

JennySense Fri 07-Feb-14 13:51:21

Olivier Morosini, Tib St, Manchester (northern quarter). Excellent customer service. My hair is coloured there and it's never looked better.

SofaCanary Fri 07-Feb-14 14:17:16

Lily at Trevor Sorbie in Manchester is the best colourist I've ever found.

ElBombero Fri 07-Feb-14 20:12:36

Bumping for the evening crowd...

KosherBacon Fri 07-Feb-14 21:10:45

Sharon at ethos- she works out of the chorlton and city centre branches. She's won north west hairdresser if the year awards for umpteen years at the Nation Awards. Or if not Nancy at J Roberts next to Gaucho in town.

ElBombero Fri 07-Feb-14 21:36:53

That's the kind of recommendation I was after!! Thanks

CarolBornAMan Fri 07-Feb-14 21:53:53

I also got Sharon as a rec when I asked similar question last year went to see her and she is great but booked out for ages!

ElBombero Fri 07-Feb-14 21:57:31

Mmmmm wanted it started before middle of March, I'll ring n try tomorrow. Is it in Manchester?

ElBombero Sat 08-Feb-14 18:58:14

Can't get in with her in time. Anyone been Toni n guy? Do you think paying for a premium salon means better results?

Jemimapuddleduk Sat 08-Feb-14 19:00:35

Ooo I am in Bolton and love revitalize in horwich. I have cut and colour there. My stylist is on mat leave but Fran (owner) is v good.

ElBombero Sat 08-Feb-14 19:08:13

Ah I've drove past there, looks like a nice place. Have you had colour done there?

ElBombero Sat 08-Feb-14 19:12:09

You've just said you did!! I'm just abit worried. I'm dark and want to go blonde so need a brill colourist...

Jemimapuddleduk Sun 09-Feb-14 13:54:21

A lot of the stylists at revitalize are ex Toni and guy. It's a brilliant place, always been dead pleased with my colour.

spookyskeleton Sun 09-Feb-14 13:59:20

A cousin of a friend has a salon in Oldham - the hair lounge. The photos on FB look fantastic and I wish I lived nearer to it.

chicaguapa Sun 09-Feb-14 15:30:20

I see someone's already recommended Nancy at James Roberts in Manchester, but Simon there is an excellent colourist. He has reached the finals in nationwide competitions.

I've moved away to the other end of the country but I still travel back to Manchester to get my hair done by him. He's the best stylist I've ever had and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to everyone.

vitaminC Sun 09-Feb-14 15:37:31

It's been a while since I was last in the area but the best hairdresser I've ever had and who coloured and styled my hair amazingly for many years is Julie at Terry Rodgers in Urmston.
I originally went to her at Selfridges in the Trafford Centre then followed her to Urmston around 10 years ago.
She just totally "got" my difficult hair in a way no other hairdresser eever really has!

PrivateBenjamin Sun 09-Feb-14 17:48:00

I have heard great things about the colourists at Anthony for Hair in Bury. I have only had my hair cut there, no colour, and they were really friendly and made my hair actually look professional instead of shapeless.

I have also been to Alan in Bury at The Beauty Booth, he is lovely!

ElBombero Sun 09-Feb-14 21:42:57

Thanks everyone gonna book in tomorrow, think I will try revitalize as it is mins away for where I live
and saves going into Manchester. Was hoping for a load of recommendations for same person, or should I go to nancy confused

ElBombero Mon 10-Feb-14 10:23:29

Has anyone been to originals in Bolton town?

ElBombero Sun 23-Feb-14 11:14:49

So I went to Originals in town. A premium hairdressers on recommendations of a lot of the locals and I could cry. It's all wrong. Been back twice to correct n each time it goes a little worse. hmmconfused

vitaminC Sun 23-Feb-14 11:38:04

sad

ElBombero Sun 23-Feb-14 13:18:43

Just so frustrating, I've been plagued with bad hairdressers all my life confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now