Hush sample sale

(25 Posts)
SilverSixpence Thu 06-Feb-14 12:50:00

Just in case anyone hasn't heard, Hush sample sale is on next 3 days. There is a fair bit of sifting required but got some good basics, dress, trousers, PJs and sheepskin boots and a cashmere jumper for around £60!

Thanks for this- love Hush!

I went this afternoon. Was quite good actually. I got loads of pj bottoms (£4 each), a soft biker jacket in cream, the Vanessa trews in navy, a cardi, a sloppy jumper, a cotton l sleeve dress and a few other bits for £55. Well chuffed - my casual wardrobe is in tatters after 14 months on mat leave. although not sure I'll ever be able to stomach full price again...

SilverSixpence Thu 06-Feb-14 14:52:41

I was undecided about that cream biker but it did look like it would be versatile. I bought two pairs of vanessa trousers in sale last year and returned as wasn't that happy with quality but for £4 they are worth it grin

The queue when I arrived was horrendous but calmed down after a bit. Thank God dd went to sleep!

Newhere2 Thu 06-Feb-14 14:53:26

was there much left (especially in very small sizes) ? I might pop in in the morning?

CambridgeBlue Thu 06-Feb-14 14:54:10

Wish I was in London! They've been teasing me with emailing me about the sample sale all week, would love to have gone. Gad you got some bargains.

SilverSixpence Thu 06-Feb-14 15:01:12

There is tons of stuff, I doubt it will run out and they seem to be bringing more out every so often.

SilverSixpence Thu 06-Feb-14 15:01:36

Lots of XS clothes

Newhere2 Thu 06-Feb-14 15:13:48

great i'll pop in first thing then thx

OhCobblers Thu 06-Feb-14 17:40:19

Great bargains to be had!! Pair of pjs £7, trousers £4 each and cardigown a for £10 but the sizing does change from one year to the next to I found!
This morning I queued for 45 mins, this afternoon 10 mins ....... yes I'm that sad that I went twice as it's cash only

Corygal Thu 06-Feb-14 18:59:52

Is it in Ingate Place?

ThenAgain Thu 06-Feb-14 19:50:27

Is it easy to park nearby? It's an hours drive for me so not sure if worth it.

TheJumped Thu 06-Feb-14 20:04:35

I wanted to go today but DS was ill sad

Will go on Sat instead, hoping there's stuff left.

SilverSixpence Thu 06-Feb-14 20:45:57

Not much parking available I think space for a couple of cars in front, it's in ingate place

TheJumped Thu 06-Feb-14 20:49:43

Why on earth would you drive into Central London?! Train to Victoria, one stop on overland train to Battersea Park. Easy.

OhCobblers Thu 06-Feb-14 23:12:31

Yes you can park on one of the side streets, off queens town road, a few mins walk away. Park for longer than you think you need though as this morning I parked for an hour and most of that was time was spent queuing to pay, whilst worrying that I'd get a ticket!!

cocodevert Fri 07-Feb-14 11:01:39

Just to add to this - I dropped by this morning and there was no cashmere left at all and no sheepskin boots. Lots of the same things left in terms of clothing - jersey dresses, jackets and tops and massive knits which weren't very inspiring imho, but plenty of nice pjs and nightwear. Good prices.

OhCobblers Fri 07-Feb-14 12:08:42

Coco I think all the boots went within the first 2 hours of the sale as I got there at 10.30am yesterday and didn't see any!! Some great summer maxi dresses, lots of basics and pj bottoms but didn't see any pj sets left today, wish I'd bought more yesterday!!!

ThenAgain Fri 07-Feb-14 12:47:17

It's sometimes easier to drive from where I am, the roads in the direction of the nearest train station are closed with flooding!

ThenAgain Fri 07-Feb-14 12:47:51

Thanks for the parking info smile

TheJumped Sat 08-Feb-14 12:04:52

I've just been and bought the entire Hush catalogue for £64 grin

Will itemise later - but if you haven't been yet there is still loads and loads - no cashmere, but lots of jammies, lots of knitwear especially Henley tops and tunics, millions of dresses including maxis and lighter ones, and lots of jumpers and cotton basics. Plenty of menswear too.

Bailee boots for £80 in grey, beautiful sheepskin lined, down from £295.

So happy as it's my favourite shop and it was like shopping the current catalogue for £5ish an item!

ThenAgain Sat 08-Feb-14 13:06:38

Aghhh I have been ousting after Bailee's for a year and can't get there!!!

ThenAgain Sat 08-Feb-14 13:06:51

'Lusting' even smile

TheJumped Sat 08-Feb-14 14:00:32

My haul

Cream fine knit dolman sweater
Navy tie waist maxi dress
Biscuit ruched bust maxi dress
Light blue tie waist maxi dress
Cream midi skirt
Navy Vanessa trousers
Grey Vanessa trousers
Cream fine knit scarf with silver edging
Pink, orange and cream silky midi dress
Light blue silky dress
White racerback vest
Cream racerback vest
Yellow scoop neck T
Brown suede ballet flats with studs
Purple nightie
Stripe pyjamas for DH

£650 or thereabouts worth of Hush stuff for £64 smile

SilverSixpence Sat 08-Feb-14 16:42:45

They only had one pair of Bailees and they were a size 4, so you might not have found any. If they had some in my size would have been tempted!

I did like the maxi dresses online but the shiny fabric just looked a bit too much like nightdress material to me! Some of the viscose stuff is poor quality imo but the long cotton t shirts are brilliant, I am wearing one now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now