Looking for a specific type of necklace, stumped.

(28 Posts)
ScrambledSmegs Fri 31-Jan-14 15:51:05

This is going to sound a bit odd, but what the hell.

I had a dream the other day, and in it I was wearing a beautiful blue summery dress (which I own, yay) and a gorgeous necklace with a few yellow enamel flowers on it. I looked flipping amazing in it <deluded>.

I've since been looking all over the internet for something similar and I cannot find anything that I like. I suppose what I want has a vintage feel, but isn't necessarily reaL vintage. I'm going to look in a vintage clothes market tomorrow, but suspect that it might be easier if I could find something on the high street that doesn't cost the earth and isn't damaged.

Any ideas? It doesn't have to be yellow, and I would prefer it if the flowers were not too tiny, but other than that I'm not too fussy as I know this is probably something I've invented!

ScrambledSmegs Fri 31-Jan-14 15:53:03

And I'm off out now for a while so sorry if I don't reply for a while.

I bloody hate it when OPs bugger off for ages so feel free to virtually slap me grin

whereisshe Fri 31-Jan-14 15:56:12

Coral flowers? (might not go with blue)...

AnAdventureInCakeAndWine Fri 31-Jan-14 15:57:41
whereisshe Fri 31-Jan-14 15:58:51

Blue and yellow. Not cheap though. Do you have a budget?

PeterParkerSays Fri 31-Jan-14 16:04:33
Flangeofmingetown Fri 31-Jan-14 16:19:26

Pilgrim jewellery does this sort of thing. They often come up on eBay.

HelloBoys Fri 31-Jan-14 16:19:57

I could have swore I saw one in Accessorize either one or two yellow daisy necklaces not on website though.

HelloBoys Fri 31-Jan-14 16:23:11
thecatfromjapan Fri 31-Jan-14 16:43:50
thecatfromjapan Fri 31-Jan-14 16:47:24

Some of the necklaces on this thread are beautiful!

invicta Fri 31-Jan-14 16:53:25

http://www.lauraashley.com/sherbert-dip/five-flower-statement-necklace/invt/jw803

Laura Ashley

ScrambledSmegs Fri 31-Jan-14 16:57:36

Wow, amazing response thank you!

Most of these are beautiful but not 'it' if that makes any sense. I don't want the one in the dream, just one that I really love. I really like the yellow and sage statement necklace Cake&Wine linked to, but it is actually too statement for me. I'm on the small side and what is a regular necklace to most people is statement for me, that would swamp me!

Also, even though I would like flowers, I don't want ALL flowers, IYKWIM. I need to be able to see chain as well as flowers.

Thinking about it, I've decided that yellow is the real important factor here. I would love a sunshine necklace, for me that's why I want it to be a beautiful bright (but not neon) yellow.

As far as budget goes - it's a dream necklace, literally, so don't worry about it. If it's 'the one' I will scrimp and save till I can afford it, don't you worry!

Again, thank you all. This is brilliant, I'd never have found any of this stuff by myself. And thanks to the poster who mentioned Pilgrim jewellery, I love that site!

HelloBoys Fri 31-Jan-14 17:14:31

Scrambled - do not discount vintage shops - I don't know where you live or if you fancy a trip to big cities but I frequent a few local vintage boutiques myself (SE London) and also the odd London vintage place.

A lot of it you HAVE to see in person and although some is damaged a lot of dealers/sellers have the real stunning pieces like you would like, in pristine or almost condition, not cheap mind you, but as you would like. Off the top of my head Alfie's Antique Market (Chapel Road/Market), Edgware Road, has good stalls as does Portobello Road but also try the other end under flyover. Friday is their fashion day (PRM). I can't think of others offhand. Oh and John Lewis and Top Shop (both Oxford Circus) have vintage shop concessions for jewellery - amazing finds in both of those! Well worth thinking about if you do a day trip to the big smoke!

mummiebummie Fri 31-Jan-14 17:34:58

This happened to me once. I never found an item as beautiful as the one in my dreams, even after obsessive searching. If I were a creative, motivated type I should have tried to make it/design it. Googling was more my comfort zone smile

ScrambledSmegs Fri 31-Jan-14 17:53:46

HelloBoys - Well tomorrow I'll be at Camden Passage as they have a vintage-style jewellery stall there, and then I was planning on visiting Spitalfields on Thurs/Fri next week. I'll definitely try Alfie's too. Thanks!

mummie that's what I'm afraid of! But I'm not actually that fussy - in the meantime I've found a yellow necklace from Boden of all places that will look great. Fingers crossed I do find THE one.

WhosLookingAfterCourtney Fri 31-Jan-14 18:05:21

Have a look on etsy. If you see something that's almost it, you can request changes or a whole new custom item from most sellers.

StepAwayFromTheEcclesCakes Sat 01-Feb-14 13:06:35

draw it and have it custom made?

Amarena Sun 02-Feb-14 21:49:20
JumpingJackSprat Sun 02-Feb-14 22:06:00

Something like this?

i01.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v1/1133427437_1/high-quality-2013-disigner-korean-style-font-b-necklace-b-font-font-b-enamel-b-font.jpg

You could always try making your own - I have these beads:

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTzhQ2PQDo2fwYEYc0RSzxv4V5AuG02vIuUfHujOTs6mBRTy-Chjg

From Bijoux beads and they are nice and big and chunky although might be tricky to make with chain.

GingerLemonTea Sun 02-Feb-14 22:22:13
StepAwayFromTheEcclesCakes Mon 03-Feb-14 14:58:16
ScrambledSmegs Mon 03-Feb-14 15:32:57

Goodness, thank you all! I had no idea this thread would keep going.

I do like all of these, it's quite hard to stop myself buying all of them! So far I think DorothyBastard - what on earth is the story behind your name? - has posted my favourite. It's nothing like the one in my dream, that was more delicate yellow pansies, but I think it's stunning and am itching to buy it.

Sadly I didn't find anything I liked in Camden Passage, but I went into Paul A Young's and bought some chocolate, so not a complete bust grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now