Atterley Road dire customer service

(66 Posts)
RubyLovesShopping Fri 31-Jan-14 14:55:03

I placed a sale order on 1st Jan, it finally arrived on 10th. I returned unwanted items to them on 13th and they've yet to refund me and are unable to tell me when they can just constantly quoting the same old backlog very busy etc story. I know I am not alone with this and several MNers have suffered the same. It has really put me off ordering from them again. Anyone else going through this apart from the 3 or 4 I know of already?

Financeprincess Fri 31-Jan-14 21:32:58

Yes, me too, also waiting for a refund. I paid on my credit card though, and it was over £100, so even if they bite the dust I'll get it back eventually.

frankietwospots Fri 31-Jan-14 22:01:49

Bloody hell, this has reminded me that they haven't processed my refund from early Jan. A chaser has been sent!

jasmine1979 Fri 31-Jan-14 22:12:37

Another one here still waiting for a refund from items sent back at the start of the month. It amazes me how different companies are when it comes to the speed of sorting out returns.
Asos have to be one of the best I have found funnily enough. Always good communication and a refund within a few days.
I'm also waiting for a Hush refund that's taking ages. I ordered stuff when their sale first started and sent it back on the same day I got it as the quality was so bad. Was very annoyed at having to pay £6 postage on the return as well. sad
Anybody else having problems with Hush?

Turquoiseblue Fri 31-Jan-14 22:51:23

Hmm I returned stuff before Christmas and have realised it wasn't refunded! Have to chase now.
Was about to order stuff from new stock there but a bit of wary now , ordered elsewhere. I ordered from them a bit and didn't have a problem up until the return in November. So so disappointed , I liked their site and stuff. Hope they buckle up and improve

Emo76 Sat 01-Feb-14 08:09:07

Waiting for a refund here too.

Kettlewell are EXCELLENT, refund 2 days after return sent

Net a porter also very timely

I like the Atterley Rd style, but delivery and returns too expensive and slow.

Bought some cheapo but fab Dorothy perkins skinny jeans. Ordered 5 different ones, arrived 2 days later. Kept the two that fitted best. Sent rest back ( free returns), got money back in a few days. Now THAT is how online shopping wirks for me!

Annianni Mon 03-Feb-14 10:14:20

Has anyone else had an apology pm from AR customer services?

shopafrolic Mon 03-Feb-14 10:44:47

Yup - me!
It did a great job saying things will be better but not clearly saying how!

atterleyroadcustomercare Mon 03-Feb-14 10:47:28

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

bunnymother Mon 03-Feb-14 11:01:38

Edward David, good for you for posting such an apology. I do think, though, that some more specific information on exactly how long people should expect to wait for refunds to be processed is needed to restore confidence.

In other words, you putting in place some extra initiatives is good, but what does that mean for your consumers (which is probably all we really care about [selfish])?

atterleyroadcustomercare Mon 03-Feb-14 11:18:02

Umlauf Mon 03-Feb-14 11:33:07

Ooh, it's like an unofficial mumsnet q&a!

Edward, I really love your site, especially at sale time. One of the things that makes me really love you, is free delivery overseas. Since moving abroad a year ago, I only really shop with you and asos for this reason. I do, however, plan on moving back to the uk, and probably will stop using AR when I do. Can I ask why and how you took the decision to remove the free uk delivery, which was (IMO) a real USP?

Annianni Mon 03-Feb-14 11:42:32

And can I ask why you stock Whistles clothes, but don't sell size 16's hmm

Thanks...

atterleyroadcustomercare Mon 03-Feb-14 11:56:50

Umlauf Mon 03-Feb-14 12:01:07

Thanks Edward. smile

frankietwospots Mon 03-Feb-14 16:29:08

Can I add my thanks to Edward for coming on to Mumsnet to offer an apology. I will stop pestering your customer services team about my refund now that I know that you are working hard to resolve the problem.

AndTwoBits Tue 04-Feb-14 17:53:51

Well my refund came through today thank goodness.

libertychick Tue 04-Feb-14 22:52:38

I am still v annoyed with Atterley Road...

(Edward if you are still listening).

I ordered a dress in a size 12 for £65, it was slightly big and then the same dress was reduced further to £39 so I ordered in a 10. The 10 was a better fit so I returned the 12 - refund came through today and the email states I was refunded £39 for a size 10 return (I definitely returned the 12) instead of the £65 I paid for it. I'll email the company properly tomorrow but wanted to post here as your customer service still has a long way to go IMO.

VillaVillekulla Wed 05-Feb-14 06:42:24

My refund finally came through yesterday - over a month after I sent the things back.

mysteryfairy Wed 05-Feb-14 07:01:10

I haven't received my refund yet from items returned in early January. Interested at the comments re size 16. I ordered American Vintage and Splendid items in a "size 10". The items when sent were all medium and far too generous, hence the returns. I know there are some brands were a medium is a 10, but clearly neither AV nor Splendid are amongst them. I think as well as sorting out the hopeless customer returns Atterley Road need to sort out their policy towards sizing.

deweydells Thu 06-Feb-14 21:23:33

I've had a similarly disappointing experience with Atterley Road. They sent me the wrong top - it's a similar style to the one I ordered but a completely different pattern. I emailed to let them know that I would be sending it back and requesting that they refund the postage as it was the wrong item. I got an email back asking me to send a photo of the top that I had received. I sent the photo and then heard nothing for two weeks.

I have just received a refund for the item and at two weeks it seems to be better than some other people on here. However, I wasn't refunded for the postage and still no response to repeated emails. I don't think I'll buy from them again.

AndTwoBits Thu 13-Feb-14 16:42:24

I just received a £15 gift card from them as way of an apology. Very decent of them. Anyone else?

Decameron Thu 13-Feb-14 16:46:13

Yes, I got it too, thanks Edward, that certainly entices me back.

Umlauf Thu 13-Feb-14 16:51:32

I didn't!! Not sure I'll bother again, lots of aggro for no little reward.

ChablisLover Thu 13-Feb-14 16:53:33

I got this too

Definitely entices me back

Thanks Edward

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now