Glad to be mutton

(32 Posts)
Floisme Fri 31-Jan-14 13:02:21

Right that's it. I am sick and tired of these 'am I too old to wear ...' threads. I despair that the women who ask seem to be getting younger and younger. And I am absolutely fed up of women using the word 'mutton' to keep other women down.

It is time to reclaim the word! My name is Floisme, I am 57 and I am mutton. Who's with me?

Count me in. I'd rather be known as glam. I'm not really into fakery although was a bit before kids. Now, I just want to look well dressed and put together. Polished? Whether that's in jeans n dog walking or out shopping.

ouryve Fri 31-Jan-14 15:58:00

44 year old hogget with middle aged spread, here.

There's a lot I wouldn't have been seen dead in, at any age.

RockMummy Fri 31-Jan-14 16:14:40

Not my cup of tea but would defend any woman's right to dress as she pleases!

Missboobyvontits Fri 31-Jan-14 16:23:45

I'm 44 so the same age as Jennifer Aniston, Jennifer Lopez and the pregnant Gwen Stefani so i dress as i please thank you very much.
I do agree though that in your thirties and being a new mum can be a confusing time style wise, you are still young but feel as a mum that you must dress a certain way.
I look back at pictures of myself in my thirties and I looked a real frump, in fact, my DH says i look and dress better now than i ever have done and he has known me since i was 15!.

Floisme Fri 31-Jan-14 16:35:35

Yes, it's interesting that 30 something year-olds feel it too - even though you're just babes in arms grin The pressure on women at all stages of their lives to conform to a given look is so strong. As you've probably gathered, it makes me very cross.

Isthisme Fri 31-Jan-14 16:42:05

Excellent!!

One of the best things on Tv last year was 'fabulous fashionista's' on Channel 4, it was so inspiring if you didn't see it try and watch it, brilliant women wearing exactly what they like, and looking bloody great in the process.

Good for you

Weelady77 Fri 31-Jan-14 17:58:18

I'm 36 and dress like my teenage sons girlfriends! So what I'm happy grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now