Swimsuit, Tankini, Bikini - I'm too saggy!

(20 Posts)
Twinsplusonesurprise Thu 30-Jan-14 20:38:40

We're going on holiday soon to escape our flooded house - and the greyness of February.
I've only just stopped feeding 5mo DS and still have fairly massive boobs. I've got a seriously saggy tummy from twins and then DS and no time to do anything about it.
Can anyone recommend a really good shaping suit or tankini? I really don't think I can brave a bikini and mine - in the dark depths of my drawer - don't fit anymore.
Any help hugely welcome!!

BearPear Thu 30-Jan-14 20:55:17

Tesco have just got their summer cozzies in - I have one of their tankinis and I quite like it, I was tempted to get one of the new season items recently too. Cheap & cheerful and you can try on (well you can in my local store). Some tankini tops are a bit brief - I'm long in the body and need the hem of the top to meet the waistband of the bottoms, Tesco seem to be generously cut - some designs in other stores aren't long enough for me. I have 2 DC, grown up, however I still have a bit of a tummy that I feel better if covered.

Twinsplusonesurprise Thu 30-Jan-14 21:29:32

Thanks bear
Never thought of Tesco. Are they supportive? Tum and boobs so much changed by babies, I still get a shock when I look in the mirror!

TheresLotsOfFarmyardAnimals Thu 30-Jan-14 21:31:34

Boots range looks nice

Bunbaker Thu 30-Jan-14 21:37:13

Debenhams have loads of swimwear in as well. I have just bought a bikini today grin

BearPear Thu 30-Jan-14 21:38:47

I can wear their tankini without the halter comfortably, I'm about a 32 c/d. Not what you'd call "supportive" but there's a bit of extra elasticated banding in there. Probably not great with bigger boobs.

They also do a choice of bottoms, from skimpy tie-side to fuller Bridget Jones style coverage.

I've never tried one of their full one-pieces as I'm long in the body and struggle to find a good length.

capsium Thu 30-Jan-14 21:40:32
NCISaddict Thu 30-Jan-14 21:41:56

I got one from Very online which fitted my rather bulbous nearly 50 year old tummy.

If you are busty I would suggest getting something bra sized so that you get proper support. All of the big bra brands like Freya, Panache, Curvy Kate, Bravissimo have swimwear which is properly underwired.

pseudonymity Thu 30-Jan-14 22:29:58

I think that a tankini has a gap just exactly where you don't want it, what is the point of them?

Hebburnisaplaceonearth Thu 30-Jan-14 22:34:25

Some of the bravissimo ones have tummy control like this

Tankinis are awful if you have a big difference between hips and waist-the damn things just ride up! at least a swimsuit has to stay put!

wileycoyote Thu 30-Jan-14 22:59:15

I second freya, panache etcetera. Forget ones with no proper bra like sizing!!

wileycoyote Thu 30-Jan-14 23:00:09

Try e-bay for less expensive new swimwear in cup sizes from last season!!

BranchingOut Fri 31-Jan-14 13:55:48

M&S do some good tummy shaping tankinis.

Also, I know this is not for everyone, but in the last couple of years I began wearing a lightweight wetsuit for going to the pool as my then toddler enjoyed staying in for so long that I used to freeze. However, it is also remarkably freeing to not be worrying about anyone's view of your body.

I bought a SEAC suit from Amazon.

Or what about a legsuit in normal swimsuit material?

Twinsplusonesurprise Sat 01-Feb-14 20:29:09

Wow am truly amazed by all of your super helpful replies. Thanks everyone and I shall venture to the shops on Monday x

Lavenderhoney Sat 01-Feb-14 22:08:00

M&s have some tummy shaping swimsuits, in black, spots and different colours. I bought the black one and its very nice. I bought a twelve because you can't do cup sizes and a 12 body with the tummy control makes it ok if you are a ten. Fits fine.

Debenhams do cup sizes on some swimsuits.

Bunbaker Sun 02-Feb-14 12:22:02

I was in Debenhams on Thursday and there was loads of swimwear with cup sizes - mainly huge ones sad. I struggled to find something in my size (32B)

Twinsplusonesurprise Tue 04-Feb-14 19:22:30

Hurray! Thanks for all your recommendations. I bought a brilliant tankini with a hidden proper bra bit in the top and a tummy control swimsuit from Debenhams. It was so stress free as their selection is truly brilliant. Bit extravagant uting 2 but couldn't miss such a great opportunity. Can't wait to book my hols now!

Ash74 Thu 13-Feb-14 10:22:27

Just bought this one piece. It was a bit of a splurge but totally totally worth it!!! It actually gives me a waist (or at least the illusions of one)

www.heidiklein.com/kefalonia-d-g-control-one-piece

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now