Fashion types, can you help with my ugly/clumpy sandal search!

(42 Posts)
QueenThora Tue 28-Jan-14 19:37:02

I would love some sandals like this:
Marni fussbett

But I'm not paying £300 and even if I did I would bet Marni will not fit my wide feet very well.

Also really like these:
Whistles Odeile but they're out of stock.

I've been trying to find cheaper sandals like this - flat, clumpy but with an element of colour/designer style and avoiding total granny style. But a) I can't quite put my finger on what it is about them I like and b) I can't seem to find the right search terms to find the right kind of thing.

So I just really want to see if anyone knows what I mean, has seen any nice ones or knows where to look! TIA style mavens.

Also Ecco may be too wide.

BikeRunSki Wed 29-Jan-14 06:56:56

Wait a bit...Sainsbury's had some that fit the original descripti

BikeRunSki Wed 29-Jan-14 08:11:14

... Description last summer, they just don't have sandals in January!

Conker Shoes do bespoke sizing and colours. They are pricey, but I have some boots of theirs which are more than 20 years old.

AdventColander Wed 29-Jan-14 08:14:10

queenthora i know how hard it is to buy sandals, hence the need to start in January confused That's why I'm following this thread with interest!

Bunbaker Wed 29-Jan-14 08:32:22

Rieker do fabulously comfortable footwear.

QueenThora Wed 29-Jan-14 10:01:14

Ooh I am quite liking the conker aimee. Also going to have a look at the others when not supposed to be working

Starballbunny there is no such thing as too wide sad

My feet are like this (except minus the hair, and with nice Essie varnish smile

frankietwospots Wed 29-Jan-14 10:07:19

Love this thread. There is a feature on 'fugly' shoes in Red this month so you are all bang on trend.

enriquetheringbearinglizard Wed 29-Jan-14 10:16:56

Just checked and my fabulously comfy flat sandals are Rieker. Years old but I just can't bear to let go.

enriquetheringbearinglizard Wed 29-Jan-14 10:30:36

Ugh am spending far too much and all because of MN. Just bought another pair blush

I was going to say Saltwaters too. I have a tan pair and I need to get a red pair this year. They were sold out everywhere last year. Thanks for reminding me to look early smile

They have been in the sea, sand and walked for miles and still look fine. I have wide feet and they are comfy.

shoom Wed 29-Jan-14 11:22:35

Hush puppies make walking sandals with good soles.
The "rosebud" (like ceylon sling below, but plain rather than woven) or "laze t strap" may be back this summer in new colours.

www.hushpuppies.com/UK/en-gb/Mobile/Product.mvc.aspx/31802W/77560?galleryKey=0

www.hushpuppies.com/UK/en-gb/Mobile/Product.mvc.aspx/31775W

WhereIsMyHat Wed 29-Jan-14 11:24:10

Coming back to say my saltwaters are a 6 not a 7! My uk size is 5.5.

ChablisChic Wed 29-Jan-14 11:26:15

If you want them for walking a lot, I can recommend Land's End. I had similar to these www.landsend.com/products/womens-terrain-sandals/id_265178 a couple of years ago and they're really comfy and hardwearing.

QueenThora Wed 29-Jan-14 17:24:41

I do have some keen newports for proper walking/camping. I want 300 quid marni sandals clumpy fashion sandals for everyday schlepping about really, but with a fugly-cool edge to them, and comfortable.

Don't want much do I? grin

enriquetheringbearinglizard Sat 01-Feb-14 20:49:38

I saw this earlier and thought of this thread
www.talkshoes.com/20656/ode-ugly-sandals/

enriquetheringbearinglizard Tue 04-Feb-14 22:25:16

Well. Thanks for the reminder about Reiker.
My order was delivered this morning.
Good fit and I know they're going to be really comfy.

So I go to order a second pair, only to find they're now a couple of quid off double the price for the exact same pair that came today!

Darn it. I suppose I should be grateful that I got an amazing bargain rather than thinking they're cheating me now, except they're not as I didn't order another pair at near double the price.

footyfan Wed 05-Feb-14 02:37:07

Have you looked at Camper, they seem like the kind of style you're looking for.

They don't have many sandals on the UK site at the moment, but what about these:

camper

You might have more luck on eBay or one of Camper's overseas sites (somewhere where it's actually sunny!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now