Am I alone in really disliking animal print?

(296 Posts)
escargot Thu 23-Jan-14 16:28:29

I really, really dislike it. I'm happy to see it on others but I just can't see myself in it. I got given a lovely Lola Rose scarf for my birthday but it's an animal print design so I'll never wear it.

escargot Thu 23-Jan-14 16:51:27

Oh look at all these sane people on our thread welcome away and gastro!

Why indeed rosegold confused

ExcuseTypos Thu 23-Jan-14 16:51:45

I always think of Bet Lynch (shows my age)

MarshaBrady Thu 23-Jan-14 16:52:35

These flats were one of my first pins way back when. Do they make people shudder? grin

Also a bit animaly quite like those.

But can't do coats etc. Think it merges with my freckles. That's it, I need the distance from my freckles to my feet.

marceline Thu 23-Jan-14 16:52:57

I have only told very close friends. And my mum. I judge everyone else silently. shock

dontcallmemam Thu 23-Jan-14 16:53:00

escargot it's a tiny, thin cotton one. If you saw it from a distance and weren't wearing your specs you'd think it was just a nice blue pattern...

Darn you MN, you told me to buy leopard print pumps.

Bowlersarm Thu 23-Jan-14 16:53:14

Hate it. All of it. Tried to like it, but just can't.

TimeToPassGo Thu 23-Jan-14 16:53:27

Agree it is horrible and to my shame I also find it quite cheap looking. Round here it seems to be lots of tanned, brassy women of a certain age who love it. I very rarely see younger people wearing it.

escargot Thu 23-Jan-14 16:53:33

horten, owl and excuse welcome one and all (even if the odd pair of flats gets through I feel in such good company!

Hate it too rarely looks anything but cheap

furbaby Thu 23-Jan-14 16:54:56

I hate animal print cheap and tacky .
I know someone who wears lots of animal print and all at the same time .... think zebra print top, leopard print bottoms , snake print handbag sad

RosegoldRuby Thu 23-Jan-14 16:56:38

Marceline I have never, ever told anyone before. I have come out and I'm proud.

My name's RosegoldRuby and I hate animal print.

What a relief smile

escargot Thu 23-Jan-14 16:56:50

Ok don't you can keep it! marsha I'd rather you had freckles on your feet!

Oh look at all these new people we have on our side. Yay!

I will soon need to go and lie down on my animal print bedspread next to my tigerskin rug!

MarshaBrady Thu 23-Jan-14 16:58:43

lol grin

Glad I didn't get them after all that then.

RosegoldRuby Thu 23-Jan-14 16:58:52

angry

Floisme Thu 23-Jan-14 17:00:54

Blimey! It's not my personal cup of tea either but, unless someone is forcing you to wear it, what's the problem? Live and let live people.

RosegoldRuby Thu 23-Jan-14 17:00:54

That angry was for escargot lolloping around on her tasteless bedspread.

escargot Thu 23-Jan-14 17:02:20

I wondered why you were cross rose! Thankfully my taste in clothes extends to my interior too - no prints here - honest! smile

Mm I used to hate it, and I still hate some sorts - but I am starting to come round to some bits, especially when it is in more muted colours (e.g. grey & black, or navy/black like someone mentioned). I do also now have some leopard-print (actual colours but bit muted/fluffy) flats which I love!

I think it's partly down to one good friend who wears it a lot, our styles are quite different and I'd never wear a lot of the things that she wears (and probably vice versa!), but she still wears it well and it is very "her" IYSWIM so I think I like it more by association smile

dontcallmemam Thu 23-Jan-14 17:03:13

I best buy this one to match my scarf/pumps/escargot's bedspread
w.mytheresa.com/en-gb/leopard-print-goat-hair-coat.html

escargot Thu 23-Jan-14 17:03:24

Well flo there are clearly quite a few people feeling shuddery at the mere sight of it so we have to protect them!

escargot Thu 23-Jan-14 17:06:50

myname I think you're going to the darkside. Come back!

leopard print goat don't ?? Step away!

Floisme Thu 23-Jan-14 17:07:07

I can see that, Escargot! And here's me thinking they're only clothes grin

escargot Thu 23-Jan-14 17:07:39

Welcome not
furbaby that's a lorra animals! shock

escargot Thu 23-Jan-14 17:08:48

Ha 'only clothes' indeed! Pah! We need protecting from wannabe leopards parading their spots!

Floisme Thu 23-Jan-14 17:11:51

Ok, Escargot this is clearly something I don't get - along with bag-love!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now