MN Vogue Vol 32

(1000 Posts)

For all glass half full fashion fanatics. For frivolous fashion talk, fabulous links and lots of friendly chat. Come on over and tempt us.

libertychick Thu 23-Jan-14 15:24:29

x post shop - exciting - have you pinned a pic? <runs off to see>

shopafrolic Thu 23-Jan-14 15:25:06

Pics up now

Decameron Thu 23-Jan-14 15:46:20

The dress is beautiful, Shop.

Atterley Rd are very slow to deliver too. However, I do really like the shirt I kept from the order.

Got new jeans, highly recommend! The turn ups look good with ankle boots.

Annianni Thu 23-Jan-14 15:53:20

I went off Atterley Road last year, when they didn't bother replying to an email about my Ash Virgos (they looked like they were starting to split on one edge)

Saying that, I'm still waiting for a reply to an email I sent Matches last week <sigh>

Recently NaP have been the quickest at acknowledging returns etc.

Annianni Thu 23-Jan-14 15:54:17

Shop, you look fab. I have leg envy!

Decameron Thu 23-Jan-14 15:54:59

Matches didn't respond to my emails until I phoned them. Maybe they get a huge number of emails but still not great.

MarshaBrady Thu 23-Jan-14 16:20:23

Shop the dress looks great!

Decam fab jeans.

You're all making me feel grateful I ordered just the Ash ballet flats from Atterley Rd. They did take a while to turn up.

libertychick Thu 23-Jan-14 16:32:51

Great jeans Decam. What's the sizing like?

2 pages already! shock

YOURE WELCOME ANNI!!!!!

Quick trip into town. Comedy trip. Cut through M and S, H and M and TKMaxx..........purposefully looking straight ahead, clutching my boring list of essentials including a ball of string hmm my life is WILD I tell you

"not looking, not looking, I'm being strong....Gucci bag,Gucci bag".....oops "that's a nice skirt" stop reverse , feel sick, look at item, "no no no be strong....think Gucci" ......the whole way,

Stride
Reverse
Stroke
Stride
Reverse
Stroke
Took bloody ages, was soooooo close to cracking........"NO MORE CRAP!!!"

Came home with......

A ball of string
A pint Of skimmed milk
6 eggs
Posh soup and posh bread for posh friend who I'd forgotten was coming for lunch tomorrow.
NO CLOTHES.......

It was tough, it's a first, it's BORING.......I'm addicted I think.sad grin

Turquoiseblue Thu 23-Jan-14 17:05:14

grin Dry.
Be strong....
Happy new home novice.
I find AR returns really slow too- and delivery. But I assumed it was because I was outside the uk.
Still like their stuff though.

Umlauf Thu 23-Jan-14 17:18:20

I like Atterley road, any company that delivers abroad for free is a winner for me! And they send things in such pretty packaging. I've not had to return anything yet though....

LinusDKD Thu 23-Jan-14 17:24:08

I used to like Atterley Road until they sent the wrong colour scarf to DMIL for Christmas.

Then it took them ages to respond saying the picture on the website was the wrong one (no shit Sherlock) and that the colour I wanted was OOS so all I could get was a refund if I sent the scarf back. Too much hassle for DMIL so she decided to keep the other scarf.

Decameron Thu 23-Jan-14 18:37:20

True to size, Liberty.

Well done Dry, you'll be toting the Gucci around before you know it!

Annianni Thu 23-Jan-14 19:37:11

Well done Dry.

Lovely jeans Decam.

Shop, I've pinned another dress. It's in various colours.

Annianni Thu 23-Jan-14 19:38:59

Dry, add up how much you would have spent today, then put that to one side towards the bag! grin

Turquoiseblue Thu 23-Jan-14 19:41:58

Shop - have you looked at sandro for a dress ? They have some lovely ones on sale too at the moment in our local store I might have picked up some jeans and a top too
wink

shopafrolic Thu 23-Jan-14 20:26:08

Thanks Anni for the dress pin, and thanks all for the lovely comments about my legs. I find it scary wearing skirts and dresses but will try and be braver. Will keep my eyes open for a more casual dress, crew neck, long sleeved, shorter skirt - needs to be lined or thicker jersey I think. That or a skirt like the Me&em. Not sure what I'd wear it with.... hmm
DH back tomorrow - cannot wait. Not least because the Madewells arrive too! <shallow>
novice how's it going?
Decam nice jeans

Anni you're absolutely right....I kid myself that I don't spend a lot on clothes because each item isn't necessarily expensive, but a lot of little bits add up to a lot. Like my cash point theory....I used to take only £20 out thinking it would curb my spending hmm just ended up going to the cash point more oftengrin..... I really am crap.confused

shopafrolic Thu 23-Jan-14 20:30:54

Oh and Dry sooooooo well done lovely. You can do it. The Gucci will be yours. I reckon you could have it within the next 6 weeks grin

shopafrolic Thu 23-Jan-14 20:34:31

turquoise I can't see a UK online stockist for Sandro?

LinusDKD Thu 23-Jan-14 20:43:10

dry hang in there and think of all the stroking of the Gucci leather wink you will be able to do!

shop you must be so relieved DH is back tomorrow!
Mine is traveling again next week for at least 2 nights. sad

Good luck with the swimming lesson tomorrow! Deep breaths and keep your stash of animals ready!

Yup I reckon so too Shop but.......I apparently agreed to take dd and her friend shopping on Saturday , may mooch in Matches they may have it in stock and I will certainly crack if I see it and just stick it on Visa grin........think I may need to find an art gallery or go to a coffee shop with a big newspaper!!!!!

And shop have you got the turtle ready? Dying to know if it works.smile

shopafrolic Thu 23-Jan-14 20:52:48

I've got turtle ready yes. I'm really anxious, I was so upset and embarrassed last week! Was thinking, knowing how DS is that rather than saying "if you're quiet I'll give you a surprise treat" etc, that I'll say "you did so well in swimming today that you can have this". And then if he carries on tantruming I'll say he can't have it anymore?

Sound good Shop at his age he perhaps won't understand "If you don't ...then you can have", little kids don't do the future do they? And it's kind of negative. Your way, you're praising him and rewarding him for his brilliant swimming....much more positive. Hope it works, it's so hard smile

This thread is not accepting new messages.