Do the kids still like Jack Wills?

(23 Posts)
Lighthousekeeping Wed 22-Jan-14 23:07:02

My soon to be DN has requested a Jack Wills bra for her 14th birthday or anything from Jack Wills. She's never been one to follow the crowd and always turned her noise up at Holister even when her twin was all over it. I don't mind getting her what she wants but bras? Surely the quality won't be great? When I was in turkey it was full of Jack Wills knock offs, how popular is it now?

Lighthousekeeping Wed 22-Jan-14 23:08:06

Ok I want to say how common is it now? I'm just surprised she's jumped on the band wagon.

dizhin79 Thu 23-Jan-14 00:13:12

didn't even know they did bras!

Nocomet Thu 23-Jan-14 00:20:47

DD wanted a jack willies hoodie that was in their sake for her 13. Sadly it wasn't in her sizes and I got done for a full price supper dry one instead.

Sorry bed time my typing's going even wonkier than normal.

Lighthousekeeping Thu 23-Jan-14 06:47:29

I will have to visit the shop next week. Does anyone know what their sizes are like?

dexter73 Thu 23-Jan-14 07:23:30

Jack Wills is still very popular with the tweens. The quality is very good. I would say sizing is slightly small/true to size, but I'm not sure about the bras as they never had a big enough cup size for DD, even at 13! I think it is very hard for young teens not to follow the crowd!

dexter73 Thu 23-Jan-14 07:25:09

Just looking on their website at this bra. Says the model is wearing a 34B - I think she needs a bra intervention pretty quick as there is no way she is a 34!

LineRunner Thu 23-Jan-14 07:30:01

Still hugely popular with teenagers, and still expensive.

The bras are teeny tiny. My DD (17) in the sales got chinos and (drum roll...) a waterproof jacket - she hasn't worn a coat since she was about 12! - so I was happy.

When we went it was full of university students. The staff were helpless waifs dressed in Jack Wills clothes.

Lighthousekeeping Thu 23-Jan-14 09:03:45

More helpless then those surfer waifs over at Holister grin

pixelchick10 Thu 23-Jan-14 09:30:03

Cheaper in the sale now - and good quality. DD likes it still as long as it doesn't have big JW logos all over it. If you buy something online and change your mind they are excellent at refunding you very quickly ...

pixelchick10 Thu 23-Jan-14 09:31:21

I think sizing is generally true to size and the hoodies seem to be q big - DD is 14 and takes an 8

HMG83 Thu 23-Jan-14 09:47:21

All my bras (and pants) are JW and they're brilliant!

Perfect fit and a couple are nearly 3 years old and still look and feel brand new!

cathyandclaire Thu 23-Jan-14 09:59:37

Round us everyone has moved onto PINK underwear (Victoria Secret teen-type brand.)
Have noticed that the Jack Wills knickers, which were always first back in the basket after they were washed, now languish for weeks in the drawer. My DDs are 15 and 16 though...

cathyandclaire Thu 23-Jan-14 10:02:51

Sorry LOL at 'everyone'...clearly I don't mean literally everyone! Just the easily influenced, fashion obsessed teenage girls!

Lighthousekeeping Thu 23-Jan-14 10:51:54

My sister said she wears her bras for two weeks until they end up around her neck! She's not used to them yet. I bet she's hoping they have the logo on them so everyone in the changing rooms can see it. It hard being at high school sad

Waitingforflo Thu 23-Jan-14 11:43:44

Their quality is very good actually - hoodies for my teen DS have stood up to constant wear and still in perfect condition. The stuff for him is really big though - he needs and XS in some hoodies but is M in Hollister.

I think that it's still popular in places where it isn't too widespread if that makes sense. We live in the sticks and it's a two hour round trip into JW (or anywhere) so not many people have it; but in places where it can be accessed easily it's probably seen as a bit tacky.

Don't think it's gone the way of Superdry grin . . .

dexter73 Thu 23-Jan-14 18:53:32

Have they not yet heard of internet shopping out in the sticks Waitinforflo?!wink

Lighthousekeeping Thu 23-Jan-14 21:17:24

Dexter, they want the bags more than anything!

dexter73 Thu 23-Jan-14 21:54:31

I had forgotten the having the bag thing!! Hollister bags were also coveted as they had the topless man on the side!

Waitingforflo Fri 24-Jan-14 17:10:45

Yep, the bags, the hanging around outside . . . plus, where I live, Internet shopping is seen as just a bit too modern and evil really, and they would think it the Devil's work to pay a delivery charge. They think I'm odd for driving 40 minutes to a 'big' supermarket when it isn't Xmas confused.

MrsMeow Sat 25-Jan-14 08:52:29

Jack Wills bras & pants are v good quality to be fair, DD has a few. Actually all her JW stuff washes well, much better than the Hollister stuff she has.

The JW book bags are popular in DDs school, you can pick them up for about £4 in the sale.

HamperPamper Tue 10-Jun-14 04:36:39

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now