Now I know what others see.

(20 Posts)
ProjectGainsborough Wed 22-Jan-14 20:35:52

This makes me feel better. I had reason to be filmed last week and I couldn't work out who that snaggle-toothed halfwit on camera actually was. Have been depressed all week.

I am intrigued by Ronald's squid.

Avenue57 Wed 22-Jan-14 20:31:37

I slap false tan on and extra make up for the booth shots!

Cherrypie32 Wed 22-Jan-14 20:23:35

Lol Tulip, glad it's not just me! I blamed it on the ravages of time and two children - fortunately I occasionally see a better photo of myself so maintain some self respect grin

RonaldMcDonald Wed 22-Jan-14 01:07:51

I look like a Russian spy in mine....which always makes them look more as generally i am wrangling 3 squids and look worse than the photo

TulipOHare Wed 22-Jan-14 00:48:44

Had same experience awhile back when updating my driving licence. The photo ten years earlier was quite glam for (unphotogenic) me and suddenly I was looking at someone who wouldn't have been out of place in Prisoner Cell Block H. They are just awful

This! I had mine done last year and I looked grim. Not allowed to smile so face looked all pinched and old sad although admittedly the scraped-back hair didn't help and I was underweight at the time for me.

Was a real downer though because the last time I'd used a booth was only 8 years previously - I had baby DD with me and decided to get some done with her - and I looked great then! Think the 2 x DC in the intervening period withered my youthful vitality ( hmm ) away!

RalphRecklessCardew Tue 21-Jan-14 21:12:42

Oh ffs. Crappy photographs aren't 'thr truth'. They're a 2D still of a moving, breathing 3D creature, taken by a machine.

bunnymother Tue 21-Jan-14 21:11:01

What?! No - do like Evelynj and I do: hair, makeup and multiple takes from a nice camera man who will also need to photoshop the bejesus out of it I look great in my passport photo, as a result. Shame the reality of me doesn't live up to the photo...

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Tue 21-Jan-14 20:59:23

I took a self-portrait on my phone as I sat watching tv with dh the other night. My god I looked rough. Then I realised that dh had to look at that every night! grin

BabCNesbitt Tue 21-Jan-14 20:54:19

evelynj, I got the photos for my green card taken at a photo shop, and I look bloody awful - like I'm about to nut the cameraman. To be fair, though, this was when DD was 9 days old...

DD got her passport photos at the same time. She looks like a bald fat Marlon Brando in her passport now grin

Laska42 Tue 21-Jan-14 20:44:44

In fact since then i've been stopped several times at immigration.. I simply must get a new one ..

Laska42 Tue 21-Jan-14 20:43:38

Yep i had a new passport photo taken 7 years ago .. it was 3 weeks before i was getting married .. I was the happiest I'd ever been , Ecstatic even .. but in the photo i looked like Myra Hindley on a really bad day !
no really ....grin
(ive lost 4 stone since..)

evelynj Tue 21-Jan-14 20:41:50

I got mine done a few weeks ago. After I'd been to hairdressers & had extra makeup & lippy. The only way it's acceptable. Do this & get them done again-10 years you'll have to look at it! Also, better to go to a photo shop where they use a camera & you can choose if it's ok.

didireallysaythat Tue 21-Jan-14 20:41:05

Passport photos always make you look too ill to travel.

Cherrypie32 Tue 21-Jan-14 20:39:01

Had same experience awhile back when updating my driving licence. The photo ten years earlier was quite glam for (unphotogenic) me and suddenly I was looking at someone who wouldn't have been out of place in Prisoner Cell Block H. They are just awful.

Coumarin Tue 21-Jan-14 20:31:29

Passport photos are bizarre. I've never seen a single one that looks like the person they're supposed to be of. I mean, obviously you can tell it's them, that's the point if the pic, but they look all flat, washed out and weird.

I look wonky in mine.

thoughtsbecomethings Tue 21-Jan-14 19:28:02

But agree they are the work of the devil ! Look bloody hideous

thoughtsbecomethings Tue 21-Jan-14 19:27:27

Yes it was in a booth. My 17 dd took hers to and of course she looked amazing !!

Amrapaali Tue 21-Jan-14 19:20:37

Passport photos are the work of the devil. No one, but no one looks good in those. Did you take the photo in a booth? Then they are guaranteed to turn out awful. It is a fact of life.

I bet you are gorgeous though. smile

MixedUpConfusion Tue 21-Jan-14 19:16:55

Passport photos are never flattering! I bet even Claudia Shiffer looks hideous in hers. Don't let those awful things let you think that's how others see you smile

thoughtsbecomethings Tue 21-Jan-14 19:07:55

Just taken a passport photo..... Shocked is an understatement, I look so old, one eye all squinty and loads of bags. Hair looks a bloody mess. Deeply depressed now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now