Help, please! What should I do with my hair?

(56 Posts)
ExtraCruchyArseBiscuits Mon 20-Jan-14 20:30:53

Dear fellow mumsnetter style experts, please give me some ideas, as I'm running out of them!

I'm a SAHM in my early 30s. My hair is slightly greying, sort of ashy brown. I like having my hair short - ideally extremely short (think Sinead O), but as my body is not exactly perfect (5' 7, 11 ish stone, size 14), I might suit a teensy bit more of length. I love wearing tapered "mum jeans", trainers or DMs, t-shirts and cardies. Sort of 90s style.. Very low maintenance. I don't wear make-up, never blow dry or straighten hair. Always wear my glasses, which are greyish green (like my eyes).

The hair's been every (natural) colour on this planet, until last year when I just shaved it off. It's grown now, and I'm getting a bit restless with my own colour, especially since the grey is starting to show a bit. I've toyed the with the idea of mossy green shock , but would that be too "emo/teenager"? I just don't want to miss my chance to wear shock colours before I have to be a "respectable career woman" again! Or silvery blonde? Or just stay dark brown, but dye the grey?

Any help greatly appreciated! smile Picture should be showing on profile.

Selks Wed 22-Jan-14 00:12:08

Looking forwards to seeing your 'after' pic, Extra.
FWIW I think a pale green or pale blue would look awesome on you smile

ExtraCruchyArseBiscuits Wed 22-Jan-14 00:34:15

Feel a bit under pressure to look amazing, now that so many people are involved grin

Yes, I think I will go sort of paleish green to begin with, once I get the base colour sorted --and if I don't muck it up somehow--I think I will need a bleach bath (See - I'm learning the lingo, Wanda!) and a separate stronger bleaching for the back of my neck, which is shoddily done with one small patch completely untreated <flogs self> So, after pics will only be available in around a month's time..

The colour I'm going for (ish):

media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/f6/b2/68/f6b268714cfd27a471b7733d95737db3.jpg

And I'm going to probably buzz the sides and go for this:

www.short-haircut.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Side-shaved-hairstyle-for-women.jpg

although it will be a teensy bit longer on top, so more like this, I guess:

media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/7a/7e/35/7a7e35b22886a9826fb7f31398533612.jpg

What do you guys think? I might be aiming for a green mohican here grin

ExtraCruchyArseBiscuits Wed 22-Jan-14 00:35:40

And, I meant to say thanks to you too, Selks! smile

furlinedsheepskinjacket Wed 22-Jan-14 01:04:16

is it too late to suggest fuschia pink?

ExtraCruchyArseBiscuits Wed 22-Jan-14 01:23:27

Not really, furlined! smile However, I think I will first do the green just to get that out of my system, but then.. anything goes! grin

TBF, I'm a bit scared that pink will look strange/wrong on me, though, as I'm not at all girlie..

furlinedsheepskinjacket Wed 22-Jan-14 01:37:55

yy go for green smile good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now