Skin tags

(47 Posts)
Dogmatix34 Mon 20-Jan-14 18:12:57

Not sure if this is the right thread but I have 3 skin tags on my neck which I would really like to get rid off. Too squeamish to do it myself and wondered if anyone had any recommendations. I'm in the London area. Many Thanks

RunAwayHome Fri 24-Jan-14 22:49:12

There's a newish thing by Dr Scholls called skin tag remover - sounds like it's basically the same stuff as wart-removal liquid, but a different sort of applicator. Mixed reviews.

jennimoo Fri 24-Jan-14 20:22:29

Can you put a plaster over the Vaseline to keep it in place, do you think?

Skimmingstones Fri 24-Jan-14 19:00:52

My dm reckons mine came off unusually quick with Vaseline may need longer than two nights!

chocolatespiders Fri 24-Jan-14 16:34:35

No change on mine with the Vaseline.. Difficult place on my neck and may keep rubbing off.

Bodicea Fri 24-Jan-14 09:25:58

I had skin tags taken off by a diathermine thingy at a beauticians. She even do my eye lids! Post pregnancy I need more doing now :-( was fab.
Nhs doesn't really cover little tags. I had a bunch of moles removed on nhs so it depends how big they are x

my gp wouldnt do anything about mine and said it wasnt covered under nhs. You might have to deal with it privately

jennimoo Fri 24-Jan-14 06:49:50

My DDs had one by her ear since she was born. I don't think it has blood supply, although a friends son's was bigger and did and he had to have a general anaesthetic at 6m to remove it.

I think she'll want it removed when she's bigger, does the dr do children or would it be a private place we'd need, does anybody know?

feckawwf Fri 24-Jan-14 00:04:50

How are these Vaseline coated skin tags coming among? No change in mine yethmm

Chicksy Wed 22-Jan-14 20:00:00

I had a horrible one on the back of my neck. Hairbrush caught it every time I brushed my hair.

I went to the GP and she cut it off there and then. She was very sympathetic. I would have been too scared to cut it off at home.

Jbck Wed 22-Jan-14 19:52:09

Sadly Bea they are right in the middle between my ba strap and waist so can't use that reason.

Was a different practice shortly after DD2 was born, might try this one as several lady GPs and both female nurses too, bit younger staff as well so might be more sympathetic.

Skimmingstones Wed 22-Jan-14 19:50:35

Think you may need several nights of Vaseline but like I say mine came off after two nights

I have a horrid one on my neck that my GP wont do, watching this thread with interest im to scared to cut it of, wish i could. Vaseline sound to easy to be true.

feckawwf Wed 22-Jan-14 19:00:05

Going to have a bash at the Vaseline trick tonight-have several large ones under my armpits-vile I absolutely hate my armpits hmm and another large one on my groin. Will report back tomorrow smile

perplexedpirate Wed 22-Jan-14 18:52:43

I do my own. They don't crop up any more, I think I've scared them off.

[approaches OP with nail clippers and evil grin]

I did go to a beauty place that zapped them but it didnt work which is why I took matters into my own (and dh's) hands

I tied with thread (with dh's help) and when that didnt work fast enough I got dh to cut them off with scissors (I had a skin tag too big for the nail clippers). I cant see vaseline working as there is a blood supply to them that needs to be cut off (which is what the thread does)

Dogmatix34 Wed 22-Jan-14 18:41:07

Mine too. Even tried to tie them with cotton last night but found it impossible sad

ButterflySandwich Wed 22-Jan-14 08:32:23

Mine are still there sad

BeaLola Tue 21-Jan-14 21:16:31

Jbck re the ones on your back are theuy near your bra strap ? Reason is I had one on back and saw Gp and told them how it caught underneath bra strap and she zapped me there and then .... Maybe make sure you see female GP as she will hopefully empathise.

Jbck Tue 21-Jan-14 19:37:20

Right Ive had one on my tummy for years and tried the cotton but its quite flat so just couldn't get enought to tie off.

I am Vaselining tonight and will report back Thursdayish.

I have a couple of bigger ones on my back that I think would need GP intervention, but practice nurse knocked me back when I mentioned them.

Im excited now. grin

chocolatespiders Tue 21-Jan-14 19:27:34

Managed to sneak into dd room and found some Vaseline. Have coated a skin tag on my neck so let's see what happens.

Skimmingstones Tue 21-Jan-14 10:58:20

Mine went a bit hard on first day of Vaseline then fell off on the second with a little twiddle grin

ButterflySandwich Mon 20-Jan-14 22:58:58

Right I am coating three tags in vaseline. Will report back tomorrow!

Skimmingstones Mon 20-Jan-14 21:20:26

I wondered similar when I realised it worked as I had a tiny one fall of my neck in the summer I think where I was constantly coating in sun cream.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now