Hair removal on upper lip.

(15 Posts)
EustaciaVye Tue 14-Jan-14 17:49:29

I recently started getting my upper lip threaded when I get my brows done. Result is great but it really hurts.

I cant use bleach or hair removal cream as my skin is very sensitive and has burned when I have tried them. I am not keen on trying waxing for the same reason.

Do I have an alternative to threading? Hair is dark and I dont want to look like Magnum PI.

Thanks

chanie44 Tue 14-Jan-14 17:53:51

Laser?

I have it done and it is working, albeit slowly.

EustaciaVye Tue 14-Jan-14 17:56:52

Can you link me to any info chanie44? I would be interested in looking into it further.

Rooble Tue 14-Jan-14 17:57:54

I wax it with cold wax (Veet strips). You need some guts the first time, but I think it hurts less than threading, plus I've never had the chemical reaction/burn that you get with chemical removers (which I've never used on my face due to nasty burns under my arms)

EustaciaVye Tue 14-Jan-14 19:38:04

Thanks. Might look into them. how long do you leave between waxing?

citruslemon Tue 14-Jan-14 21:31:13

This from boots, quick, easy, no mess and really effective!

http://www.boots.com/en/Smooth-Appeal-Microwave-Formula-Facial-Hair-Remover-Wax_17565/

citruslemon Tue 14-Jan-14 21:31:29
ouchmyfanjo Tue 14-Jan-14 21:36:24

I am having electrolysis.i have tried everything else including laser but this is the best so far and is apparently the only permanent method. Habing it son my chin hairs too.i used to have them threaded and am sure it made them worse.even the blond ones are long. Electrolysis is the same price threading cost me.
I hope you find a solution that works for you.

notnowImreading Tue 14-Jan-14 21:41:46

Laser. Either get yourself an IPL machine (£350 or so and can use it on legs, armpits etc as well) or book a course of treatments (£180 or so but you might need more). Shave in between times (sounds awful and transvestitey but actually works fine and doesn't leave stubble because you are weakening and thinning the hair with the laser).

Honestly, much, much better than the agony of waxing and relatively quick to start working, if not to get an absolutely perfect, finished job done.

BornToFolk Tue 14-Jan-14 21:48:51

You need an Epistick It's basically a spring that traps hair and pulls it out. Sounds awful but if you use it regularly, like every other day, you get used to it very quickly. It's quick, easy and fuss-free. I usually have a quick go over every day before I do my make up.
I don't like waxing as it leaves me with a massive red swollen upper lip, hurts like hell and doesn't get rid of all the hairs.

I use microwaveable hotwax with the strips.
'Tis the work of moments, you just have to keep the skin taut, make sure it's not too hot and whisk in the opposite direction to the hairgrowth.

And don't think about it too much wink just do it.

binger Tue 14-Jan-14 22:26:00

I also have an epistick. They are fab and not particularly painful if used regularly so hairs don't get the chance to get overgrown. I use it a couple of times a week for a minute or two.

I've tried various methods over the years including eye watering threading and a very painful trial with an epistick!

I find Boots wax strips for sensitive skin are better than Veet strips and if I wax just before bed, it's fine by the morning. I use them about 3 times a month, which is much less than when I was using cream.

EustaciaVye Wed 15-Jan-14 14:05:41

thanks everyone.
I have an epistick but it hurt loads last time. I have just threaded so will try in a few days and see how it is.

I will also look at an ipl machine. I like the idea of being able to do it myself.

I am so scared of waxing...

Rooble Wed 15-Jan-14 14:29:27

I probably wax 2-3 times per month too. At night so face looks normal by the morning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now