Where do you buy clothes for your DS (age 6+?)

(38 Posts)
alma123 Sun 12-Jan-14 22:03:48

Struggling to find some nice clothes at the mo. Where should I be looking? Thanks

AlfAlf Sun 12-Jan-14 23:14:55

Yep, I get clothes for dd2 from H&M boys department (she's 8 and favours an androgynous look). Really good quality for the price.

willyoulistentome Sun 12-Jan-14 23:15:08

H&m
tescos
m&s
sports direct.
(Grannies treats them to Boden)

myron Mon 13-Jan-14 00:10:11

Gap, boden, joules, fat face,zara - sales mostly or discount weeks. For immediate needs - m&s, debenhams & supermarkets. Gap is reliable with their winter down coats - always buy them in september's 40% (30% off plus 10% on top if buying 4+ items) for the coming winter. Have managed 70% off in last week of jam sales in the past but obviously that is hit and miss with sale remnants and chancy if the next size up is available at all.

Glenshee Mon 13-Jan-14 00:15:12

Besides the ones already mentioned - Vertbaudet.

Mandy21 Mon 13-Jan-14 00:19:17

Sainsburys - far superior quality to other supermarkets but sizing an issue (usually size down).

M&S, Boden (sales) and John Lewis. Occasionally Debenhams but nowhere is greatly inspired at the mo.

bettykt Mon 13-Jan-14 06:31:53

TX Maxx for tops, jumpers and t shirts, can pick up French Connection, Ralph Lauren and Crew Clothing Company polo shirts for a really decent price especially when the sales are on.
John Lewis pyjamas in the sales.
Next jeans, although the don't last very long. I have trouble finding nice shoes.

notso Mon 13-Jan-14 06:52:20

Struggle with DS1 he has no interest in clothes at all. His three year old brother has more enthusiasm.
I used to like Boden but I feel like I've seen everything before. Like others have said H&M is pretty good.

CheerfulYank Mon 13-Jan-14 06:59:56

Mostly entirely Gap. A lot of Old Navy too but I don't think you have that there?

Levantine Mon 13-Jan-14 07:11:10

Uniqlo is good, fantastic plain t shirts

beachyhead Mon 13-Jan-14 07:14:57

Zara, H&M and sainsbury's

ShoeWhore Mon 13-Jan-14 11:12:04

I usually like John Lewis, especially for tshirts and PJs, but last couple of years have been a bit poor. Got a lovely winter coat there this winter though.

I find I have to really hunt for stuff I like. I think it's hard to get interesting but not-too-grownup or trendy clothes for boys once they grow out of the younger boys ranges.

Gap - good tshirts (esp in summer), swimming shorts, hoodies, find their shorts/trousers too wide.
Next - we like their skinny jeans, the cut seems to suit my boys really well. There are usually a pair or two for sale that aren't too distressed! Usually have some good shorts in the summer. Get the odd tshirt/jumper/hoody there too, although I hate most of it.
H&M - PJs, stripy tshirts. Ds3 likes their coloured skinny jeans. (he looks ace in red jeans and a navy and white stripy top) Last winter got ds1 some lovely knitwear but not found it as good this winter.
Zara - shorts, shirts, sometimes tshirts.
M&S - got some great PJs there this winter, also a fab jumper (didn't like much else though) and some good casual winter boots. Socks, vests and pants!
Debenhams - again I don't like much of their stock but got ds1 a lovely jumper, sometimes a good place for short sleeved shirts in the summer, occasionally have nice PJs.

ShoeWhore Mon 13-Jan-14 11:13:09

Oh yes Gap Warmest coats (down filled) are fantastic.

ShoeWhore Mon 13-Jan-14 11:14:51

White Company do lovely PJs - we have a generous auntie who treats us to those!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now