Made in the same factory as Chanel my arse...

(36 Posts)
ProjectGainsborough Sun 12-Jan-14 13:35:50

Bourjois nail varnish. Base coat, two thin coats and topcoat and it STILL didn't make it to lunchtime.

It's not made in the same factory as Chanel, it's made by chimps, out of sand and tippex.

thefirstmrsrochester Sun 12-Jan-14 20:18:52

Another agreeing that Chanel nail polishes are rubbish. It took a long time & a lot of money to make me face up to this reality.

I have some OPI in similar colours to my fave Chanel ones and the OPI lasts better. I never get a full week though, even with base coat and top coat.

And even if they start out good, I find the quality quickly deteriorates the minute air hits it. Even storing in the fridge makes little difference.

Keep the cheapie recommendations coming smile

Mammabear31 Sun 12-Jan-14 20:24:14

MIL bought me a set of 3 nail varnishes from M&S at Christmas. I don't usually wear colours, normally just clear varnish but I have used them all in the last few weeks (a gold, green and purple set) and they have all lasted a good 5-6 days before showing any wear. Easy to apply too,
Just 2 thin coats and dries quickly. If I manage to forgive M&S for not delivering my 50p chair I will go in for my future nail varnishes grin

hiphipreplacement Sun 12-Jan-14 20:24:50

OPI and Essie are good. Rimmel Pro is great, too. Excellent value!

ygritte Sun 12-Jan-14 21:14:52

Anyone use China Glaze? They have hundreds of colours but I have no idea of their quality.

Eastpoint Sun 12-Jan-14 21:27:46

I'm not quite sure why I'm bothering to defend Chanel but I did these on Friday & have done a normal amount of washing up, cooking etc over the weekend. I think they'll be good for another 2 or 3 days. Inglot has good colours & are cheap.

GlitzAndGiggles Sun 12-Jan-14 21:43:38

Yup Chanel polish is a joke. Overpriced rubbish. Rimmel is long lasting for me

LittleBabyPigsus Sun 12-Jan-14 22:08:19

Put it this way - there can't be that many makeup factories around. Several brands being made at the same time makes sense, doesn't mean they're the same product any more than McVities and Fox's biscuits both being made in the same factory would make them the same biscuits (I know they're not made in the same factory, just an example).

M&S nail polish is great and all their own-brand makeup is bunny-friendly.

I do like the texture of Bourjois foundations but they aren't pale enough for me - they're very yellow. However this is good for under eye concealer as the yellow cancels out the purple tones.

Fairylea Sun 12-Jan-14 22:11:22

<when I worked on the make up counters we all used to use rimmel 60 seconds or an equivalent cheap one similar to the colours our brand sold and said it was that if a customer asked.... even with our 65% discounts clinique and chanel nail polishes were mostly not worth it!>

MmeLindor Sun 12-Jan-14 22:15:51

Chanel is crap.

I like Rimmel - the Salon Pro ones are very good and last a good week, I find.

thatwouldbeanecumenicalmatter Sun 12-Jan-14 23:56:35

Sorry but grin

ProjectGainsborough
I'm sure Karl is spinning in his oxygen tent right now. grin

..........Laughed so much a little bit of wee came out

(also love Chanel colour but agree it's as thin as Karls neck)

zipzap Mon 13-Jan-14 09:46:05

Pound land is the place to look for nail varnish - I've had nice colours (although there are some strange ones) from places like revlon, Sally Hansen, opi as well as Rimmel and outdoor girl at a different level and then their own stuff.

And - especially for the nicer brands - it is all the nicer for only being a pound grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now