Where do you store your jewelry?

(25 Posts)
mcgilly Sun 12-Jan-14 12:52:33

Yes I use one of those hangers and it's good to see your jewellery next to your clothes ... However I don't use it for long term storage, just the things I want to have on high rotation!

FaceDirectionOfTravel Sun 12-Jan-14 12:34:00

Has anyone got something like this - a plastic hanger with pockets that hangs on the back of a door or in a wardrobe?

mcgilly Sun 12-Jan-14 05:44:07

I have Perspex segmented boxes for most stuff - stops tangles and easy to see - plus a plastic hanging storer next to clothes for pendants/pieces on high rotation or to be rediscovered. My boxes come from Daiso and hardware stores, you should also find similar in habadashery.

citruslemon Sat 11-Jan-14 22:08:46

This from ikea: www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/20214585/#/50214584

Can see all my jewellery at once rather than going through boxes and lids

FaceDirectionOfTravel Sat 11-Jan-14 19:23:36

I'm quite keen on the etidy necklace hanger - that looks like the fabric stops any rattling.

I don't think a necklace tree on the desktop will help as I am VERY VERY AWARE of anything that might gather dust since I am a dreadful housekeeper.

PasswordProtected Sat 11-Jan-14 17:38:23

I have a proper jewellery box, navy leather with drawers etc. which I keep locked up in the safe in my bedroom.
On the road I have a velvet pouch with pockets.

Dancealot Sat 11-Jan-14 17:35:15

I have a necklace hanger which sticks on the inside of your wardrobe door. It is fab and I don't notice any rattling around.
etidy hanger

Rosencrantz Sat 11-Jan-14 17:32:42

Necklaces are hanging on a pin board in my bedroom, that is on my dressing table next to the mirror. Have lots of statement pieces, so it looks pretty!

FaceDirectionOfTravel Sat 11-Jan-14 17:28:04

Thanks everyone! I love the idea of the stackers but they are not a cheap option, are they! I will have a think.

HyvaPaiva Fri 10-Jan-14 23:12:43

These Stackers from John Lewis. I have the lid stacker, the earrings one, and the three large compartments. It's perfect.

CointreauVersial Fri 10-Jan-14 22:57:15

I have a slide-out thing in my wardrobe from Ikea for all my long necklaces - I think it's designed for belts. It attaches to the inside side wall of the wardrobe.

slug Fri 10-Jan-14 22:55:17

I also use muji Perspex jewellery boxes. I started with two drawers then added another only this week. They have different types of inserts to choose from and just seem to do the job really well. I use another version of these for my makeup.

DaftSkunk Fri 10-Jan-14 22:27:55

I have a jewellery tree for my necklaces. And it rotates grin.

Sunflower6 Fri 10-Jan-14 22:26:45

I have a necklace hanger that is like a jewellery tree with a clear Perspex box that goes over it to keep the dust off you can get them from amazon or ebay

craftysewer Fri 10-Jan-14 22:13:23

The only thing I found with a jewellery tree is that the least worn jewellery tends to get dusty/dirty.

I've got a wooden jewellery cupboard (from QVC) about 18" high, double sided , door front and back.
It's lined with anti-tarnish for silver.

I covet the free standing mirror armoire now.
They do a wall mounted one too....

BriarRainbowshimmer Fri 10-Jan-14 21:55:54

I was thinking of getting a jewellry tree. Does anyone have one, what do you think?

snowgirl1 Fri 10-Jan-14 21:48:34

I've got two of this type of thing (over door rack) which I hang necklaces on. Yes, they do clash around when you open the door - so I've put them on a cupboard on our landing that I open less often.

Theonlyoneiknow Fri 10-Jan-14 21:38:40

Yes that is them, I bought mine individually and have two of the layer with lots if small boxes for earrings

Theonlyoneiknow Fri 10-Jan-14 21:37:43

I have stackers too, they are fab. Love the different compartments you can get and you can keep adding to it

Amandine29 Fri 10-Jan-14 21:37:04

I have loads of these which are, I think, what SweetiePie was referring to.

FaceDirectionOfTravel Fri 10-Jan-14 21:23:43

Sweetiepie what are these stackers of which you speak?

SweetiePie0 Fri 10-Jan-14 21:16:37

I bought some stackers in the January Sales from House of Fraser - they are brilliant and were quite cheap!

Saurus72 Fri 10-Jan-14 21:15:00

I've got Muji Perspex boxes. For my expensive jewellery, I've put one of their soft inserts inside so nothing gets scratched. I love Muji storage, it's addictive.

FaceDirectionOfTravel Fri 10-Jan-14 21:10:43

I used to have a board covered in pretty fabric with nails along the top and bottom for necklaces and bracelets respectively, with assorted other bits in random jewelry boxes. I don't have room for my necklace board now - I'm wondering about the inside of my wardrobe door (but won't they clash around every time I open it?) or a tabletop tree thing. Or sort out my jewelry boxes properly, I guess.

What do you all do?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now