Desperately seeking sexy aftershave smelling perfume ..for me!!

(54 Posts)
Primadonnagirl Sun 05-Jan-14 21:55:24

I need a new perfume but I'm very very choosy. Most perfume is too floral, sweet,sickly or heavy for me..I'd have no problem wearing an aftershave but I don't know which one so happy to wear either as long as it smells right. Only way I can describe it is sexy, clean/fresh smell...does anyone have any suggestions? Ive tried asking about citrusy fragrances but they are too fruity..I've asked shop assistants but they don't seem to get it and there's only so many you can try in one go

buttercrumble Sun 05-Jan-14 21:58:49

Tom ford all the way , love his aftershaves all smell fantastic. Tuscan leather stands out most it's really woody and smokey .

Helspopje Sun 05-Jan-14 22:00:42

creed himalaya or green irish tweed
yum

Paul Smith Men - the one in the stripey bottle
A couple of the CK men ones smell as you describe
Or if you are rich, Tom Ford - Tuscan Leather is the nicest smell in the entire world.

LovelyMarchHare Sun 05-Jan-14 22:02:44

I had a penhaligans one that Churchill used to wear. Might have been vevitier?

Levantine Sun 05-Jan-14 22:04:29

Christian Dior eau savage is gorgeous. Very fresh and citrusy but not just lemony

Levantine Sun 05-Jan-14 22:05:02

Penhaligons gin one is nice

LovelyMarchHare Sun 05-Jan-14 22:05:12

Sorry, it was Blenheim Bouquet!

Levantine Sun 05-Jan-14 22:05:32

Juniper Sling it's called

Levantine Sun 05-Jan-14 22:05:48

Cross post!

ProfondoRosso Sun 05-Jan-14 22:08:55

Comme des Garcons original scent for women is quite aftershavey and it's gorgeous.

But the men's scent (Comme des Garcons 2) is even better. I wear that sometimes, DH has a bottle. Very musky, incense-y, smoky.

KOTK Sun 05-Jan-14 22:09:41

Dunhill Black. Absolutely divine.

PepeLePew Sun 05-Jan-14 22:11:58

Acqua di Parma is a very dry crisp citrus - not at all fruity and unisex. I love it.

thecatfromjapan Sun 05-Jan-14 22:13:01

Eau de Baux by l'Occitane is lovely.

i say this so often that it is becoming repetitious! but: Marks and Spencer have started selling all sorts of wonders in their Beauty section. The Fragonard Vetiver and Verveine colognes/eau de toilettes are lovely.

LovelyMarchHare Sun 05-Jan-14 22:13:32

Sorry, it was Blenheim Bouquet!

Bootoyou2 Sun 05-Jan-14 22:15:32

Have you tried issey miyake?

MissBattleaxe Sun 05-Jan-14 22:17:25

Jo Loves Pink Vetiver, or Guerlain Habit Rouge or Dior Fahrenheit.

MissBattleaxe Sun 05-Jan-14 22:17:58

Oh and Comme Des Garcons Series 2 Incense Avignon is utterly divine and I adore it.

woodrunner Sun 05-Jan-14 22:19:55

Penhaligon's Quercus is unisex - very fresh and really gorgeous. DH wears it.

L'Occitane's Jasmine and Verbena or their neat Verveine are very lemony and sharp - not at all sweet or fruity.

Eau de Givenchy smells like fresh bath water - very clean and unsweet. From memory, Eau de Gucci does too but I haven't smelled it in years.

the Clarins body spray in the blue bottle is lovely and fresh and so is Hollister's male body spray called Socal

GreyGardens Sun 05-Jan-14 22:19:55

Prada eau de toilette is gorgeous, fresh, sexy, unisex

ProfondoRosso Sun 05-Jan-14 22:25:15

Mmm, Incense Avignon is gorgeous, MissBattleaxe

thecatfromjapan Sun 05-Jan-14 22:25:43

Eau de Baux is woody, slightly medicinal, slightly incense-y by the way, not citrussy or fruity.

inmyheadimthequeen Sun 05-Jan-14 22:27:51

DH wears Bulgari Homme (the original one) which is lovely. I also nearly kissed a woman in a queue last year, she smelled so good. It was Thierry Mugler Angel but I tried it on me and it smelled completely different.

JetJungle Sun 05-Jan-14 22:30:37

Bulgari au The Rouge fits your OP perfectly IMO

HyvaPaiva Sun 05-Jan-14 22:32:38

Another vote for Penhaligon's Juniper Sling. From the bottle I thought 'fresh, citrusy, lovely' and bought it for DP. When it's on skin? Oh my wow. Weak at the knees! It's clean and crisp and fresh and yet sultry and filthy at the same time grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now