Do I want the pippa? And if so, which colour.?

(21 Posts)
buttercrumble Wed 15-Jan-14 17:41:25

I said smoke before but just seen the dusk now , both are lovely

Rooners Wed 15-Jan-14 17:16:54

Argh...just got the special offer email...but which colour?

FoxyHarlow123 Sun 05-Jan-14 17:47:43

I have 2 pippas, for work. Love them. Don't find them heavy at all.

Aquelven Sun 05-Jan-14 17:26:27

I almost bought one in the JL sale but found it too heavy in RL, would be more so once full of what I need to carry.

polyhymnia Sun 05-Jan-14 17:22:14

I'd say the Smoke is a sort of taupe, ie brown with a bit of grey. It's a colour I personally like and think is quite versatile - despite my qualms about the hardware.

SweetFelicityArkwright Sun 05-Jan-14 17:14:56

Having seen the smoke Pippa in John Lewis, I would say it is more brown than grey. Quite an unusual shade really and colour wise I would prefer the peacock but like polyhymnia I really feel the gold hardware cheapens the bag and would go with a bag colour I liked less to get the silver option.
I may be particularly biased though as I think the gold probably looks worse with the shark grey colour bag than with some of the other colours.

BTW, TK Maxx have been getting a lot of Modalu in recently at very good prices. It's not there now but they had the bag MrsWolowitz linked to in before Christmas for about £70. Worth keeping an eye on.

polyhymnia Sun 05-Jan-14 16:55:48

I, like SweetFelicity, have the Pippa in Shark but sadly never use it as I can't stand the blingy gold hardware which makes it look much cheaper than it is. The 'silver' on the Smoke one can only look better. I also find the Pippa a bit too structured for my tastes and rather heavy.

Having said that and thought I wouldn't bother with Modalu again, am tempted in their sale by the Dickens tote for work - if the purse in that is blingy, I just don't need to use it.

duende Sun 05-Jan-14 16:17:13

Thanks for the tip re hardware!
Is the smoke grey or is it brownish grey?

SweetFelicityArkwright Sun 05-Jan-14 16:01:08

The smoke bag has silver hardware and the rest have gold, if that is relevant to you. I have the Pippa in shark and am not keen on the gold hardware so would be swayed by the silver option.

Casmama Sun 05-Jan-14 15:47:42

Peacock is lovely but may not go well with dark green- smoke may be more flexible.

SunshinePanda Sun 05-Jan-14 15:44:03

Sorry not width, length wise! blush So leaving notebook won't help!!

Juno77 Sun 05-Jan-14 15:39:36

What's this 'I'm a summer', 'I'm an autumn' business?

duende Sun 05-Jan-14 15:37:04

Thanks SunshinePanda. Will just have to leave the notepad behind ;)

SunshinePanda Sun 05-Jan-14 15:26:42

Just tried for you. Can get A4 notebook in nicely. Tried 14" thin laptop and wouldn't fit width wise so could be tight with 13".

buttercrumble Sun 05-Jan-14 15:26:28

The smoke one's lovely

I'm not sure if a Pippa would be big enough - I've seen them and it might be a struggle?

I love Modalu though, I have a large Whitby Satchel on the way (now sold out) -black version of this - which I bought for work for laptop plus a4. Will be sending it back though as I accidentally bought a Mulberry at Heathrow...whoops

duende Sun 05-Jan-14 15:09:16

Too small MrsWolowitz sad

SunshinePanda Sun 05-Jan-14 15:09:03

I bought the Pippa in dusk ( I'm a Summer), at half price, from their website a couple of months ago. I love mine. What about the Camel colour for you? Now noticed dusk purse in the sale! smile

MrsWolowitzYouAMerryChristmas Sun 05-Jan-14 14:34:20

Not helpful but I heart this one

duende Sun 05-Jan-14 14:30:29

I want need a new work bag. I need to fit in an a4 notepad and a 13" laptop. (a thin one)
I've noticed modalu have the pippa in some colours in the sale, half price.
Do I want it...? And if so, which colour? I'm an autumn so wear mainly navy, brown or dark green for work.

modalu sale

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now