Do I want the pippa? And if so, which colour.?

(21 Posts)
duende Sun 05-Jan-14 14:30:29

I want need a new work bag. I need to fit in an a4 notepad and a 13" laptop. (a thin one)
I've noticed modalu have the pippa in some colours in the sale, half price.
Do I want it...? And if so, which colour? I'm an autumn so wear mainly navy, brown or dark green for work.

modalu sale

MrsWolowitzYouAMerryChristmas Sun 05-Jan-14 14:34:20

Not helpful but I heart this one

SunshinePanda Sun 05-Jan-14 15:09:03

I bought the Pippa in dusk ( I'm a Summer), at half price, from their website a couple of months ago. I love mine. What about the Camel colour for you? Now noticed dusk purse in the sale! smile

duende Sun 05-Jan-14 15:09:16

Too small MrsWolowitz sad

I'm not sure if a Pippa would be big enough - I've seen them and it might be a struggle?

I love Modalu though, I have a large Whitby Satchel on the way (now sold out) -black version of this - which I bought for work for laptop plus a4. Will be sending it back though as I accidentally bought a Mulberry at Heathrow...whoops

buttercrumble Sun 05-Jan-14 15:26:28

The smoke one's lovely

SunshinePanda Sun 05-Jan-14 15:26:42

Just tried for you. Can get A4 notebook in nicely. Tried 14" thin laptop and wouldn't fit width wise so could be tight with 13".

duende Sun 05-Jan-14 15:37:04

Thanks SunshinePanda. Will just have to leave the notepad behind ;)

Juno77 Sun 05-Jan-14 15:39:36

What's this 'I'm a summer', 'I'm an autumn' business?

SunshinePanda Sun 05-Jan-14 15:44:03

Sorry not width, length wise! blush So leaving notebook won't help!!

Casmama Sun 05-Jan-14 15:47:42

Peacock is lovely but may not go well with dark green- smoke may be more flexible.

SweetFelicityArkwright Sun 05-Jan-14 16:01:08

The smoke bag has silver hardware and the rest have gold, if that is relevant to you. I have the Pippa in shark and am not keen on the gold hardware so would be swayed by the silver option.

duende Sun 05-Jan-14 16:17:13

Thanks for the tip re hardware!
Is the smoke grey or is it brownish grey?

polyhymnia Sun 05-Jan-14 16:55:48

I, like SweetFelicity, have the Pippa in Shark but sadly never use it as I can't stand the blingy gold hardware which makes it look much cheaper than it is. The 'silver' on the Smoke one can only look better. I also find the Pippa a bit too structured for my tastes and rather heavy.

Having said that and thought I wouldn't bother with Modalu again, am tempted in their sale by the Dickens tote for work - if the purse in that is blingy, I just don't need to use it.

BTW, TK Maxx have been getting a lot of Modalu in recently at very good prices. It's not there now but they had the bag MrsWolowitz linked to in before Christmas for about £70. Worth keeping an eye on.

SweetFelicityArkwright Sun 05-Jan-14 17:14:56

Having seen the smoke Pippa in John Lewis, I would say it is more brown than grey. Quite an unusual shade really and colour wise I would prefer the peacock but like polyhymnia I really feel the gold hardware cheapens the bag and would go with a bag colour I liked less to get the silver option.
I may be particularly biased though as I think the gold probably looks worse with the shark grey colour bag than with some of the other colours.

polyhymnia Sun 05-Jan-14 17:22:14

I'd say the Smoke is a sort of taupe, ie brown with a bit of grey. It's a colour I personally like and think is quite versatile - despite my qualms about the hardware.

Aquelven Sun 05-Jan-14 17:26:27

I almost bought one in the JL sale but found it too heavy in RL, would be more so once full of what I need to carry.

FoxyHarlow123 Sun 05-Jan-14 17:47:43

I have 2 pippas, for work. Love them. Don't find them heavy at all.

Rooners Wed 15-Jan-14 17:16:54

Argh...just got the special offer email...but which colour?

buttercrumble Wed 15-Jan-14 17:41:25

I said smoke before but just seen the dusk now , both are lovely

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now