Please suggest a full make up brush set

(38 Posts)
Greentoothbrush Sun 05-Jan-14 00:36:54

As the subject says really, I don't have a huge budget, and they will be used for myself, for everyday use, but there's nothing worse than shedding brushes. Names don't matter to me, I just want to start learning how to apply make up properly and with more precision.
Thanks.

goodasitgets Mon 06-Jan-14 00:46:31

Thanks, I shall have a look! I used it ages ago but have just dug it out to try again

goodasitgets Mon 06-Jan-14 01:31:38

So watching her videos at one am made me try the bright smoky wearable eye one! No base or concealer on but I love it

It looks great I've done that look before for nights out.

Greentoothbrush Mon 06-Jan-14 03:21:07

Thanks! I'll go in and check them out. smile

Jenda Mon 06-Jan-14 03:44:04

My friend is a make up artist and just reviewed a cheap ish set of brushes from ebay for her blog. She usually uses real techniques and MAC but was really surprised at how good they were. They came from China so took a few weeks. Would you like me to find the link?

I have just ordered some brushes from the MUA website and am excited to see how good they are smile

Theonlyoneiknow Wed 08-Jan-14 08:00:45

Just wondering how people wash their brushes?

I use MAC's brush cleanser (watered down) between clients and then wash with very mild baby shampoo at the end of the day. If I were just using them on me I'd probably just wash them once a month or so.

ZacharyQuack Wed 08-Jan-14 09:20:28

I use homemade brush cleaner:

(​​1 cup distilled water
1/4 cup isopropyl alcohol
1/2 tablespoon dishwashing liquid
1/2 tablespoon baby shampoo
1 tablespoon spray leave in conditioner)

Mix together in a spray bottle, spray on paper towel and rub brush. I use this after every use, and clean properly with baby shampoo every week or two.

Theonlyoneiknow Wed 08-Jan-14 09:41:16

Thanks, i have never washed my brushes which is really bad!!!! Will get on that asap as have baby shampoo in the house, eeks

Greentoothbrush Wed 08-Jan-14 10:29:41

Jendna please can I have the link?
Not been to boots yet, and I'd like to have a nose smile thanks

LisaAmber Wed 08-Jan-14 22:20:06

I'd definitely recommend the Real Techniques brushes too. Boots often have them on 3 for 2, or have a look on Iherb.com as they are significantly cheaper plus they usually have a code for money off your first order. If you do order from this site, I'd recommend the standard delivery as you will still get them quite quickly and you're likely to avoid import charges. I placed an order for £65 worth of brushes (based on boots prices) and only paid £27 all in, delivered within 10 days. Xx

cardamomginger Thu 09-Jan-14 01:04:41

just bought the real techniques set from hqhair. cheaper than bootscand Amazon grin .

Jenda Thu 09-Jan-14 17:51:47

Here they are, she said very soft and no shedding as of yet but shes not had them long http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251295359996?var=550265335211&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

sorry can't do links on tablet smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now