What would you spend £100/£20 0 if you had to spend it on yourself?

(37 Posts)
MickleMe Sat 04-Jan-14 22:39:33

My dad has very unexpectedly decided to give me £200 after he had a small windfall. There is only one catch, I have to spend £100 of it on myself on something nice and not on the kids or on paying a bill.

Any ideas? I could in theory spend all of the £200 on myself but I feel a bit mean doing that. I really like Vivienne Westwood and have always coveted a brooch or a small handbag. My DH thinks I should put some money to and buy this... but it's not even leather blush

www.viviennewestwood.co.uk/shop/womens-accessories/womens-bags/new-chancery-bag-6318-rossetto-19548/

I also like this
www.viviennewestwood.co.uk/shop/jewellery/jewellery%20gifts/bas-relief-brooch-463/

I welcome any ideas, what would you spend it on?

MickleMe Sun 05-Jan-14 15:47:44

butterflies I really like the bumble bee but don't suit gold so would have to get it in silver and i'm not sure it would look as good.

70 I really appreciated your suggestion x

Kosher I have just had a hoc colour consult and i'm a jewel winter. I've just lost 1st on slimming world and need to lose about another 6. I think a style day might be more useful when i'm a bit smaller, i'm thinking the fat would get in the way of a proper style consult. Good idea though

bunnymother Sun 05-Jan-14 16:18:38

I quite fancy the hummingbird or the Calabria crescent in the silver. IMO if it looks good in gold, it also looks good in silver re Alex Monroe

LaTrucha Sun 05-Jan-14 20:50:38

I like this bag

I like Westwood - have you an outlet near you? There's one in Bicester village and I've not checked the bags or shoes because they don't do it for me, but have seen some good bargains there.

Personally, I don't care for the bag though it's a lovely colour. You don't like any of these? www.ansariboutique.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=1817

But if it were me, I'd get a VW Anglomania jacket - possibly off ebay.

capsium Sun 05-Jan-14 21:25:21

A coat I really liked.

HyvaPaiva Sun 05-Jan-14 21:35:25

If you love Westwood classics, I'd go for putting the money toward an Anglomania jacket. A McQueen scarf is a good, classic piece, I agree with the others.

The kinds of things I buy myself for around £100:

Georg Jensen earrings
Malene Birger scarf
Lalla Marrakech bag

Or perhaps you could put it towards a larger jewellery purchase. I love Ole Lynggaard's pieces.

Enjoy researching your dream treat!

nessus Mon 06-Jan-14 00:01:00

Was so proud of myself for not succumbing to the lust that arose upon spotting this beauty on sale...

nessus Mon 06-Jan-14 00:07:02

If I only had £100 to blow it would have to be magic potion as my face is in bits right now sad

To really maximise my pennies I would hunt for a Debenham 20% code so I can get a 75ml AND 30ml bottle, and of course go through quidco!

DownstairsMixUp Mon 06-Jan-14 00:09:15

If you change your mind, a black pair of Dr Martens would be a good investment. Last absolutely ages and go with anything, skinny jeans, skirts, or dresses with some nice thick tights, even with shorts they look good in the spring, I can put them with pretty much anything in my wadrobe! I'd do that (i'd buy a new colour, maybe a purple pair) then spend the other 100 on DS.

nessus Mon 06-Jan-14 00:30:49

I have DMs in about 7 colours including black and have to agree with you! My OTD posts wearing DMs used to drive tons of traffic to my blog so think they are a big draw for a fair few.

Love the fact that DD now borrows pairs to wear. I remember when she was younger and had her own and wouldn't wear them. And guess what she has for school shoes now after the bleeding kickers I bought lasted less than a term!!

MostlyCake Mon 06-Jan-14 04:37:38

www.alisonmoore.co.uk/

What about something from a young designer? A friend recently pointed me in this jewellery designers direction!

MrsWolowitz Mon 06-Jan-14 08:19:49

The jewellery here is lovely and great quality.

I have a fish duo necklace that I wear daily and have done for about 3 years and it's still as good as new. I get lots if remarks on it.

It's my favourite necklace.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now