MN Vogue - vol 30

(1000 Posts)
shopafrolic Sat 04-Jan-14 20:46:53

A safe place to talk fashion stuff. Bring a passion for fashion (high end or high street), a positive state of mind and lots of links.
Continuing on from vol 29 here

shopafrolic Mon 13-Jan-14 16:52:47

Pretty please?

shopafrolic Mon 13-Jan-14 16:50:13

I have no idea why everyone's apologising but can someone else set up the new thread (if they haven't already). Frankly - I can't be arsed grin

Good god no QueenC !!! Have just broken land speed record to get back on MN after realizing my huge gaffe!!!! Apologies to you and because once again I got the wrong end if the stick!!blush
So sorry for being an arch idiot ! X

QueenCadbury Mon 13-Jan-14 16:00:04

dry I've pm'd you. Hope I haven't upset you...

Wrt to the word 'flippant' it was about me talking about how fertile I am and making a joke about it, nothing to do with fashion. I just didn't want to sound flippant saying that when liberty and because are trying to conceive.

Apologies again if i've upset anyone...

Ahem QueenC may I remind you this is MNV...."flippant" "shallow" "obsessed with fashion" " I know more about fashion than current affairs" "I can tell you the price of any top of the range handbag <takes cover> but honestly haven't a clue about a pint of milk" go on flame me are all words and phrases that are IRRELEVANT !!!! It's the whole point.

Thanks for all the Dd sympathy, no more!she's fine worried it was my cooking last night

santamarianovella Mon 13-Jan-14 14:49:55

dry I have not read that bit about your DD, hope she is ok ,

QueenCadbury Mon 13-Jan-14 14:31:03

Just re read the beginning of my post. Apologies if it sounds flippant as it really wasn't meant to. flowers again.

Because this is a good place to be when things get tough.smile
DD if a bit better....onsie,TV etc seems to be doing the job. I've noticed a chocolate brownie is missing so I think she's on the mend!

Today I'm wearing for work but about to get changed into jeans black a line skirt, pewter skinny belt, cream (very old fav) silk blouse with ruffles that makes me look like I might have boobs grin, cobalt Benetton cotton fitted cardi, knee boots and opaques. Usual uniform.

Shop I'm finding "you are what you wear a good read"

Sold stuff on ebay but angry because, although specifying UK only, a buyer is from Germany. Sent message saying postage will be more.

QueenCadbury Mon 13-Jan-14 14:27:57

flowers to everyone TTC. I have no idea what you're going through as considering I have endometriosis I'm pretty fertile (dc3 was conceived using the withdrawal method for contraception blush. Yes, as a dr and nurse we should know better grin).

Took little dd to GP to get checked over as has been running a high temp for 4 days. All ok except where she has scratched her viral rash on her face it's got infected so we've got some antibiotic cream. I decided that I couldn't bear to stay in any longer so we went to JL for our free tea and cake. Dh took pity on me and told me to buy something smile. Now, you will probably all hate them but they will be perfect for the school run and the evenings in morocco but I bought theses shoes. I'd seen them online a few days ago and tried them on and they are v comfy. Also bought this belt in gap. It was really random as it was on its own with some cobalt ones and I've never seen it before. It must be really old stock. But it was only £4 o absolute bargain. There was also a blouse I tried on in river island which I may buy next month or if I ever come across a discount code ( I think grazia sometimes do them). I also nearly bought a ted baker clutch bag (can't find online anywhere). It was one of the oil painting ones and had the most lush purple lining but I decided that it was too winter-y and wouldn't work in summer. I also tried on some navy suede boots in m&s (again, not online) which were not dissimilar to the jalouse but the heel bugged me as it was too pale. Finally I really like this bag. I still have my birthday money and I'm just waiting for that purchase that I just have to have but I'm not sure that this is quite right. It's almost a bit too formal. Thoughts?

So after all that dd is exhausted and has gone to sleep?

marsha no inspiration here for hat to wear. I got dressed quickly as woke late so navy jumper and bootcuts for me. I've decided I don't like jumpers anymore and really need some long sleeve blouses next winter to wear with cardigans.

santamarianovella Mon 13-Jan-14 14:22:34

because sorry to hear that, stay positive.

barbie that's good news,both sound great

linus hope it goes ok,I find the weekends to be worst,

Anni 'a thread is really entertaining,

MarshaBrady Mon 13-Jan-14 14:21:04

I jumped on Toast pretty quickly and got off as the site was being a bit tricky. Think it's one of those very fast sales.

So which designer do you think you'd go for to wear to the Oscars or GG?

Firstly as a man as it seems easier. I think I'd do Tom Ford too.

Is female too hard? Completely depends on the dress I suppose. Nothing too booby for me (obvs)

shopafrolic Mon 13-Jan-14 13:47:39

Dry sorry, missed that your DD was poorly - hope she feels better soon.
Barbie good news. Not on the same scale but after a hideous weekend I've said to DH we need some time to make plans about what we do and where we move to next. He's suggested a weekend in a hotel with DS in tow but we can talk over dinner and make plans. Am investigating prices before he changes his mind!
Marsha Toast page won't load for me either.
Liberty fab outfit. Got your PM - will wait to hear from all and then get back to you smile

LinusDKD Mon 13-Jan-14 13:41:25

because (((hugs))) I started lurking on MN after having trouble conceiving. We finally got pregnant with DS after a couple of pregnancies that didn't work out well.

barbie you must be so relieved that a decision has been made!

marsha great flats, but my size is OOS in all colours.

I actually like Emma W's dress. It is such a great colour on her and the back is unusual but she can pull it off. Not keen on the shoes though.

Barbie1 Mon 13-Jan-14 13:19:14

Can we start new thread before I go to bed...

What do you all think of the after party dresses?

Barbie1 Mon 13-Jan-14 13:17:23

marsha kl or Perth... The toast web page isn't loading for me.

Good news Barbie, hopefully you will feel more settled and happy wherever you move to

those pumps are cute Marsha

MarshaBrady Mon 13-Jan-14 13:03:52

Barbie excited for you! Do you have an idea about where you will go? Or is it where the next job move takes you?

Barbie1 Mon 13-Jan-14 13:02:52

<hyperventilating> dh and I have just made a major decision re staying here in Korea.

Looks like we could be leaving as early as this summer.

We have had long heated discussions about living life here and now and not putting it on hold as we have been doing.

Eek!

MarshaBrady Mon 13-Jan-14 13:01:58

I'm not great with Toast clothes (look woeful on me) but I couldn't resist a cut price suede ballet pump. Not really my colour but just nice to have some options as I wear them out so quickly. Will try with pink.

Some other reduced stuff on there too.

libertychick Mon 13-Jan-14 13:01:31

Anni I can't find your thread - can you link?

libertychick Mon 13-Jan-14 12:50:56

Because feel free to pm me any time re TTC. Not fun. We had DD via IVF and have had failed IVF since then. Have decided not to do any more treatment but have fingers crossed every month (I'm 40 too). It's not easy.

Today I am wearing my pink Cos jumper with the black elbow patches, black M&S pencil skirt, black opaques, Whistles loafers, oversize black lace scarf, silver bangles, black and silver necklace. Not the most fashion forward but comfy and work appropriate.

Off to look at Anni's 5km thread smile

Turquoiseblue Mon 13-Jan-14 12:36:57

Hello all!

Because, sorry to read that, hope you re ok.... Virtual handhold from here too. Xx

One -glad you enjoyed your lemon potato cake... Hope it turned out better then my beet root chocolate cake (don't go there...)

Dry - hope dd is ok - tv / Netflix, sofa, duvet, fluids sounds like a plan.

Anni - love the 5k tread smile ohhhh fantasy shopping, couldn't resist.

To all with dh s away and dc by themselves, hope the time flies.... Though especially in winter when you can't just head outdoors to tire them out.

NUFC I forgot to say hi and welcome x
Happy Monday everyone.

Thanks for the tip NUFC I will look out for it.

NUFC69 Mon 13-Jan-14 12:26:56

One, I am pretty certain that the Good Food mag for next month has a small extra cookbook "Gluten Free Cooking". I glanced at it and it looked interesting. Have passed my copy to DD; let me know if you can't get hold of a copy and I will see if she still has it.

As I am waiting for DGS to come to stay for afternoon and night my outfit for today is simple - yoga type trousers and pale grey round necked sweater. Fashionable I ain't, comfortable yes, but as DD will arrive with baby too, it's needs must. Will probably get changed if we go out for a walk/scoot!

This thread is not accepting new messages.