MN Vogue - vol 30

(1000 Posts)
shopafrolic Sat 04-Jan-14 20:46:53

A safe place to talk fashion stuff. Bring a passion for fashion (high end or high street), a positive state of mind and lots of links.
Continuing on from vol 29 here

LinusDKD Sat 04-Jan-14 21:05:51

Just popping in to mark my place for later!

shopafrolic Sat 04-Jan-14 21:09:24

QueenC PM
Linus waving x

Ah just realised I don't actually have stair rods......was getting rods and spindles mixed up Anni!!!!!! I was wondering how spindles could be bad with pets....obv babies could get their heads stuck in between spindles, but pets hmm.........and !no, I have not broken my no alcohol in January rule smile

shopafrolic Sat 04-Jan-14 21:10:59

Perhaps you should dry

QueenCadbury Sat 04-Jan-14 21:11:42

shop not sure why it didn't pin initially but have redone it.

Have pinched your idea for a 2014 purchases board QueenC nothing to add as yet but am hopefully going to do a little shopping in the next few weeks. I'm in need a of a few basics like cardigans as a lot of mine are a bit threadbare now/have lost colour and/or shape and I need some smaller dresses.

So, I've had a very productive day. Have sorted 4 charity bags, washed and photographed Boden tunics to list on Ebay and have washed and dried new jeans ready to shorten. Christmas decs tomorrow.

shopafrolic Sat 04-Jan-14 21:22:11

EBay tomorrow Dry free listings this weekend. I need to list Ash Bowies, Reiss dusky pink chunky knit, prune James jeans, and a few unwanted Xmas gifts.........
Christmas boxes all back in the loft this evening. Feels good.

Sounds good dry I spent the bulk of the day being shown things on minecraft and have finally started sorting out some of my clothes to be bagged up

QueenCadbury Sat 04-Jan-14 21:23:51

Our Christmas decs down. Glad to see the back of them.

dry pm
shop pm'd you back

Will do Shop think Sunday is optimum selling time isn't it? Glad it's free. Love Ebay, quite exciting, bit like gambling I suppose without the huge risk!

QueenCadbury Sat 04-Jan-14 21:24:55

Gah, battery down to 2%. Will have to take a break whilst recharging.
Laters.

shopafrolic Sat 04-Jan-14 21:28:55

Gah! Technology stops play QueenC

shopafrolic Sat 04-Jan-14 21:34:26

Yup Dry Sundays are good.

I don't use ebay as most of my stuff isn't really worth selling on and to be quite honest, I'd feel so bad if I sold primark/similar items on at massively inflated prices like I have seen a lot of on ebay.

BecauseIsaidS0 Sat 04-Jan-14 21:43:41

I wouldn't One people pay what they choose to pay...."buyer beware" (can't remember what it is in Latin) ....

GrumpyOldHorsewoman Sat 04-Jan-14 21:46:04

shop - I read that as 'dry Sundays are good'. Au contraire, I find copious amounts of alcohol make Sundays more bearable.

I have a suitcase full of stuff to ebay but never seem to find enough time to list them all.

Productive day here too, mucking out my bedroom/bathroom. Had a bit of a wardrobe cleanse and devised a new hanging system for my coats and some hats, getting them out of the wardrobe or wherever they happened to be stuffed. Clean sheets on t'bed - looking forward to a leisurely bath, pjs and an early (ish) night appreciating it all.

Oh, and I might have bought the FC leopard coat I pinned a while back, but half price at JL. And quite possibly that lush Zara tartan scarf linked to via Atlantic Pacific. <note the lack of blushing - I am brazen>

GrumpyOldHorsewoman Sat 04-Jan-14 21:51:25

Very cute Because. I tried to score DD2 some of the Markus Lupfer/Donna Air kids' collection last year, but it vanished instantly (except the massively inflated ebay flipped pieces) angry

shopafrolic Sat 04-Jan-14 21:53:10

No day of the week is dry in this house Grumpy
How do you keep your hats? I struggle and they always get crushed. I have a fab Treacy for Purdey tweed hat which keeps getting bent out of shape. Things need to change.
Loved 'mucking out' and no need to blush! smile

BecauseIsaidS0 Sat 04-Jan-14 21:53:41

Thanks, Grumpy. I have a weakness for ML.

I dream of having a dressing room. But given that we've just moved into a new house and the spare bedroom was turned into a his'n'hers office...I can keep dreaming sad.

"Dry Sundays " Grumpy could be the new diet phenomenon grin. I did sheets yesterday....nothing better is there?

shopafrolic Sat 04-Jan-14 21:57:43

Not my thing because but I can see the appeal - and what a great discount!
Can I just apologise for never typing names starting with a Capital letter? iPad issues.......

Never noticed SHOP

shopafrolic Sat 04-Jan-14 22:02:01

angry

This thread is not accepting new messages.