What can I spend £400 worth of Karen Millen vouchers on?

(31 Posts)
offloadingthisshit Fri 03-Jan-14 09:57:59

hi

I have been given that amount in vouchers by my Dad but unfortunately he did not check with me and I never shop there.

I went in the store today and am usually a size 14 but can squeeze into their size 16. I thought I would buy a coat but their coats are hideous. No, that's not true, there are a couple of nice coats but I would never wear them (think light coloured felt coats, think 3 kids and a dog). They did have a padded jacket with a fur hood, it was £295!!!!!

Anyway, I wear scrubs all day, i'm a single parent, I have 3 kids and a dog, I never go out and have no cause to wear a cocktail dress or jumpers that are dry clean/handwash only.

Help!!!!

PS. I am grateful for the vouchers!

newpup Fri 03-Jan-14 12:22:51

I don't shop there either just have never been there. I love a couple of the handbags though, great investment. Coat lovely, treat yourself, that is what it is for.

RubyLovesShopping Fri 03-Jan-14 23:27:26

I would do as someone up thread suggests and sell it off on eBay for £350, someone will think they're getting a good deal and you will have the cash to buy something you really want rather than feeling you have to pick the best if a bad bunch.

louwn Sat 04-Jan-14 09:51:14

Stuff from Karen Millen fits me really well but I agree, lots of it is chavtastic! There are a few nice things though, you just have to look hard. It is more of a dresses and fancy coats shop than everyday wear isn't it?

eurochick Sat 04-Jan-14 09:53:26

As others have pointed out, they have some good jumpers in at the moment.

And the handbags are lovely. I got one last January and after a year of daily use, it still looks brilliant.

Chopsypie Sat 04-Jan-14 10:00:14

Have you tried gift card granny? It's a website that buys and sells unwanted gift cards. Usually for 10-20% less than they are worth. Might be easier than eBay?

happyyonisleepyyoni Sat 04-Jan-14 10:10:41

I'd wait a while and see what comes in next season before making a final decision as there may be more choice once the party dress season is over.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now