Help! Clothes emergency...

(7 Posts)
SeaSalt1 Fri 27-Dec-13 19:45:02

Ok, not a complete emergency but I wanted to get your attention. I'm due to return to work soon after mat leave and am (ahem) a little bigger than I was before I became pregnant(!). I was hoping I might have shrunk back into my old clothes by now but I'm beginning to accept I'm going to have to buy some new ones which I'm secretly quite excited about I'm in a fairly smart city job though I'm not obliged to wear suits unless I'm seeing clients. I am really more of a country girl at heart and have always struggled with finding the right work clothes to look like I 'belong' in the job, if you see what I mean. If any of you could point me towards suitable dresses/skirts/whatever, preferably in the sales I'd be so grateful, I've been lurking on the S&B board for a while and know how helpful you nest of vipers can be. I'm probably about a size 12 I think (hope).

Orangeychoc Fri 27-Dec-13 20:39:27

Following as in exactly same boat!

SeaSalt1 Fri 27-Dec-13 21:08:28

Good to know I'm not the only one! Hopefully someone will be along with some ideas soon (crosses fingers).

dizhin79 Sat 28-Dec-13 01:40:28

How about trying somewhere like joules, they have some lovely smart pieces (wool shirts, smart thin jumpers, nice shirts) but still with a country girl edge. They also have a sale on woop!

Otherwise get a few basics and judge what the rest of the office wears to see how u should be dressing.

Lavenderhoney Sat 28-Dec-13 02:02:25

You could get a couple of pencil skirts, worn with thin jumper ( not fluffy!) or a fitted jacket and t shirt, or wrap dresses, and wear with flat boots or heeled ankle boots.

Hobbs have a sale on, boden...

Have a look on pin interest for inspiration. Or think of someone famous your size and look, and what they wear.

I would be channelling nigella after all my Christmas chocolatesmile

bunnymother Sat 28-Dec-13 05:01:02

If I was buying smart work clothes again, I'd look at Hobbs, Jaeger, Gerard Darel and Banana Republic first. All are on sale right now. And I'd look at Zara and Mango for jewellery (esp necklaces).

bunnymother Sat 28-Dec-13 05:02:48

Oh, and Reiss but check the fabric composition - they've been a bit bad before re selling polyester for £££. LK Bennett are obv lovely, too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now