Help me look like Nigella...

(14 Posts)
HackneyCabbage Fri 27-Dec-13 00:07:12

Have you seen the Higella spoof remix on youtube?. Have fun!

BikeRunSki Thu 26-Dec-13 23:14:48

Coke for the ham of course!

TossedSaladsAndScrambledEggs Thu 26-Dec-13 22:33:27

Oh sorry hackney just seen your post! Good tips.

TossedSaladsAndScrambledEggs Thu 26-Dec-13 22:31:47

How should I do my make up?

TossedSaladsAndScrambledEggs Thu 26-Dec-13 22:26:44

I do have an ample bottom, but everyone knows I have so won't immediately identify me as her! I was also considering Kim kardashian...

TossedSaladsAndScrambledEggs Thu 26-Dec-13 22:25:01

A bottle of coke. Bloody autocorrect

TossedSaladsAndScrambledEggs Thu 26-Dec-13 22:24:15

Ah yes! About tale of coke! Subtle. That way I will not need to ruin my make up with white powdery shit! grin

AlaskaNebraska Thu 26-Dec-13 22:13:35

you need coke. a bottle of

Mignonette Thu 26-Dec-13 22:12:19

She wears long black maxi skirts and dresses. Other favourites are cropped denim jackets designed to show off her comparatively narrow waist over a black stretch jersey dress.

80sdrummer Thu 26-Dec-13 22:07:42

Hackney is spot on as to how to do the hair IMO and there is a [[http://blog.primppowderpout.com/2010/12/nigella-lawson-christmas-make-over.html make up tutorial here]

If you haven't got a wrap dress as suggested by craftysewer then a black vest top with a red or bright blue cropped cardi is what she seems to be wearing lots of in the old re-runs of her programmes. Not sure what kind of skirt she wears as she is only shot from above the waist to disguise the ample bottom

craftysewer Thu 26-Dec-13 21:26:38

Do you have a dress that is low at the front, cross-over type. She usually wears quite clingy dresses.

HackneyCabbage Thu 26-Dec-13 21:25:38

very pale cakes on foundation and OTT black eyeliner. top and bottom lids. she mostly wears black I think. i'm rubbish at hair, but how about getting some cheap rollers, slightly damp hair, ellnett hairspray and putting them in for the afternoon before the party. allow to dry and blow dry your hair in the rollers, then before you leave, take out rollers, run fingers through hair, don't brush, and another whizz of elnett.

WaitingForPeterWimsey Thu 26-Dec-13 21:19:34

Copy of one of her cookbooks, whisk in one hand!

TossedSaladsAndScrambledEggs Thu 26-Dec-13 21:15:58

I am going to a fancy dress party on NYE. I HATE fancy dress usually, but figure as it is NYE I can go as someone "topical" in 2013, and seeing as Nigella looks fab, I can dress up as her instead of some horrid costume!

I have a similar hair colour/style and colouring etc except I have green eyes, and my figure is similar except I may be lacking in the boob department, so besides wearing brown contacts and a padded bra, what can I wear and how can I style my hair (literally step-by-step - I am useless at hair) so that I look unmistakeably like her?

And no, I am not going to do anything distasteful like dusting my nose in flour!grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now