Navy blue

(20 Posts)
AlwaysSleepingBeauty Fri 27-Dec-13 22:16:26

I love navy with cream, grey, red, oxblood or pink.

TwllBach Fri 27-Dec-13 22:14:27

I also love navy... it is much softer on my skin than black and I have navy dresses that I will quite happily wear with black tights and boots, it's just that it is a skirt that it has thrown me! Come to think of it, I even have navy tops that I wear with grey jeans.

I think I can cope with the top half, it is just the tights and shoes that I am struggling with. I do, though, have brown tights and brown boots, so I can stick with that if I am desperate.

I also have grey cable knit tights that might work? And a cream top?

VworpVworp Fri 27-Dec-13 21:16:52

Navy and camel
Navy and lime
Navy and red
Navy and teal/turquoise
Navy and lavender
Navy and grey

Navy goes with everything, pretty much! (and forms about 70% of my wardrobe!)

Matsikula Fri 27-Dec-13 21:08:11

Navy and grey, navy and black are staples of my work wardrobe. Black tights look fine if they have a bit of texture to them like ribbing or fishnet - then it is more of a deliberate look rather than mismatched, but if you have beautifully cut clothes in beautiful fabrics then a very plain minimal look would be good too.

I love navy, I am a bit worried that it is becoming a fashion thing!

Dancingqueen17 Fri 27-Dec-13 16:51:06

I have a navy sweater dress and team it with navy tights and brown knee high boots.

sultrywinter Fri 27-Dec-13 16:21:02

I love brown or burgundy boots with a navy skirt

HazleNutt Fri 27-Dec-13 09:21:33

navy looks great with coral. And that you shouldn't wear black must be a British thing, I'm foreign and never heard that.

ReallyOverThis Fri 27-Dec-13 09:00:29

I always wear brown tights and knee length boots with navy. To me, navy and brown are the perfect combo.

AlaskaNebraska Fri 27-Dec-13 00:40:00

Navy and black is ok but if it's cheap fabric will look crsp. Leopard

Beaverfeaver Fri 27-Dec-13 00:35:41

Red?
When I wear my navy blue jeans, I either wear blue or red on top

umiaisha Thu 26-Dec-13 23:24:57

Quite. Think it only works with more of a quirky/edgy combination.

Financeprincess Thu 26-Dec-13 23:09:04

Black and navy do look chic together but it doesn't mean that anything black combined with anything navy will look good. I think that black tights and a navy skirt look a bit mismatched.

umiaisha Thu 26-Dec-13 22:39:11

I was always told that black and navy was a no-no but have started wearing it together recently and am pleasantly surprised.

Dilidali Thu 26-Dec-13 21:48:40

I wear black and navy together most of the time. Navy is very versatile, almost anything works with it. Enjoy your dress smile

I think dark grey tights look nice with navy and I think brown or tan shoes go well. I agree with chartreuse though that black and navy is very chic as a combination.

TwllBach Thu 26-Dec-13 21:45:15

Really?
My mother always told me it was a no no...

chartreuse Thu 26-Dec-13 21:42:53

Black and navy are very chic together. It's a favourite combination of fashion editors.

TwllBach Thu 26-Dec-13 21:41:29

I did mean colours, yes, sorry. I've seen some lovely colours in terms of tops but I don't really know what to do about legs and shoes? I alwyas throw on black tights and black shoes, but I know I'm not uspposed to wear black and navy!

SilverSixpence Thu 26-Dec-13 21:32:40

Do you mean colours? I like mustard, burgundy, emerald green, tan or grey with navy

TwllBach Thu 26-Dec-13 21:15:11

I misguidedly bought a navy blue skater skirt but have no idea what to wear with it.

I thought I might use the sales as an opportunity to educate myself...what do I wear with navy blue?? Including shoes please...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now