Join us at Workfest for expert advice on kickstarting your career x

Melbourne/Sydney in Feb - what does everyone wear?

(27 Posts)
wickedfairy Thu 26-Dec-13 19:59:40

Ok - I realise that is a bit of a random question! Will be there in Feb, so height of summer and will be there with young children. Planning visiting the sites and just having a general look around and meeting family.

I would like to look casual but nice - sort of posh girl scruffy (I aim to look like that here, but fail...). Just not sure about the temperature (it's going to be fairly hot) and also if I would look ok - I want to look relaxed but stylish.

What do people wear over there? Any advice please - I struggle with the whole fashion thing! TIA

bunnymother Sun 29-Dec-13 10:37:21

Oops: "I'm Australian"

creamsoda Sun 29-Dec-13 11:49:54

It should be v hot, but can be changeable (40 for a few days and then back to 20s) I wear denim shorts and looser t shirts (topshop in Sydney provided some nice loose v necks recently) for beach days and outside days with ds (better than vest tops, too much exposure!) or TShirt dresses and belts for more dressy daytime outfits (wine tasting maybe?) I find Aussies generally dressy at night, so some nice dresses/heels for evenings if going out? Tho depends what you're doing (they generally love home entertaining too which isn't dressy) I love the acceptance for shorts and rashies, even at the indoor pool most mums are not just wearing bikinis etc! So much less effort ;) I'm in south Aus at the mo, recently been in Sydney. Shopping is terrible here (I use asos and nextdirect a lot, but witchery and country road are good for ideas)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now