Share you sale purchases!

(79 Posts)
DaftSkunk Thu 26-Dec-13 15:10:42

I have bought these for £9.

newpup Sun 29-Dec-13 14:17:15

Well after saying earlier that my 2 dresses from Joules were going to be my only purchase!! (apart from Johnnie B trousers for DD1) I went shopping with DH this am.
Bought some headphones 1/3 off for DD2's birthday next week and a couple of dvds she wanted. A pair of lycra running leggings half price for DD1. Also a Hollister Tee-shirt for my friends son who is 12 in a couple of weeks 30 % off. A couple of calendars, one for the study and one for the girls den, 40 % off.

Oh yes, bought myself a lovely long cardigan and a top both half price in Fat Face, whoops.blush

Bought a case for DD2's new I-touch but that was full price.

Saurus72 Sat 28-Dec-13 22:39:22

Apatite - well, yeeessss, have kind of been thinking that I may do that...Am hoping next week might bring some extra discounts wink

higgle Sat 28-Dec-13 22:34:38

Can't find links for these - Mustard coloured tweed fronted jumper from Jigsaw - £169down to £83. two jackets made of knitted stuff from Laura Ashley for work. Blue pussy bow blouse and blue spotty dress from Joules. Still hunting the elusive tweed skirt, but have found apair of tweed trousers I'd forgotten about in the wardrobe that I will wear to carry on with.

bunnymother Sat 28-Dec-13 22:29:25

smile

scripsi Sat 28-Dec-13 22:17:20

Thanks. that sounds great. I have now ordered grin

bunnymother Sat 28-Dec-13 21:06:38

Hi Scripsi, it's a very dark green but definitely more forest green (ie some blue tone) than olive (ie more yellow), but being so dark it's not vibrant. Which would have put me off. Just tried to photograph it, but iPhone isn't great at capturing colours well. It's a fairly heavy weight jersey , too, which makes it more forgiving. (I need forgiveness around the middle). I plan to wear it w my black leather biker and black opaques and ankle boots. In summer I'll wear it in the evening w stilettos, I think. I don't work but think that in some workplaces it might be ok w a blazer over it. Hope this essay helps! I'd go for it, in summary.

scripsi Sat 28-Dec-13 20:20:10

Sorry to derail but bunnymother I have been looking at that Me and Em dress for a really long time, think I will dive in as I expect it will be out of stock if I wait any longer. Is the forest colour quite a deep olive in real life? Also what do you think you would wear with it? I was thinking a blazer or an asymmetric biker jacket, would that work?

NearTheWindmill Sat 28-Dec-13 20:14:05

Nicole Farhi classic dark grey overcoat with leather trim. Very simple, very classic - £259 from £370. Very comfortable and a good length. My last was Basler and did 9 years of service. Am hoping for similar.

AccidentalPolitnik Sat 28-Dec-13 20:09:15
pinkhousesarebest Sat 28-Dec-13 20:06:06

Does anyone know what the Me and M trousers are like? Their cigarette pants look nice but I am worried they may be expensive loungewear. They charge a whopping fee for international delivery so I'd like to be sure...

ElizabethBathory Sat 28-Dec-13 20:05:14

This red wool coat. Was lusting after it at full price for ages...

MarshaBrady Sat 28-Dec-13 19:57:19

Not sure, but if they did I like it!

AndTwoBits Sat 28-Dec-13 19:42:25

Etre cecile, did they have the t shirt with "written and directed by woody allen" on it? I loved that tee..

Apatite1 Sat 28-Dec-13 19:42:08

Saurus: get both! crazy enabling lady speaks

stickysausages Sat 28-Dec-13 19:41:54

I had a £50 debenhams voucher to use...

I bought loccitane verbena liquid soap m.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_123601906399_-1

Pearl earrings x 2 m.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_37484+SSER031467_-1

Benefit Skincare Set m.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_123902911699_-1

A fuck me red dress, that's going to blow Hubbys mind when I'm back to my normal weight, take him out & show him a good time!!
m.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_60514+FFN0005145_-1

MarshaBrady Sat 28-Dec-13 19:34:55

That's it, yes really liked them in Liberty.

foxysocks Sat 28-Dec-13 19:32:28

être cecile. they have some great tees don't they? think amber has one.

MarshaBrady Sat 28-Dec-13 19:15:12

And really wanted to get a top in the same label as your top but was too flustered. Can't remember what it's called, something French. Etre?

MarshaBrady Sat 28-Dec-13 19:11:57

Go for it Foxy, they would really suit you.

Can't wait to wear them in early spring here and in Aus! One of my faves and one the cheapest sales buys.

Love your dress <again grin>

foxysocks Sat 28-Dec-13 19:07:33

i really want the neon plimsolls too marsha. they are fab.

MarshaBrady Sat 28-Dec-13 18:57:35

Isabel Marant coat, from £825 to £250. Happy with that!
Filippa K cream jumper - half price

J Crew jumper
Neon plimsolls
and waiting on an M by MJ sweater
all from NaP sale.

Saurus72 Sat 28-Dec-13 18:56:01

Have (mainly..!) confined my sale purchases to things I have been stalking for the last few months but were too expensive to buy full price, as opposed to seeing what's been reduced, then buying it, as the latter is a recipe for lots of cheap things, but not necessarily what I actually want/need. Trying to be all mature, and not reactionary shock.

So, to that end, I've bought:

Whistles - navy suede stilettos and a black t-shirt
Massimo Dutti - 2 beautiful silk tops
Cos - navy and orange jersey top
Monica Vinader - cocktail ring (75% off!!!, and stunning)

Am now contemplating my final purchase - either a navy patterned silk Hobbs dress, or the Whistles lace shoulder Alexandra top. About the same price. Dress would be worn to death at work, the top would be a lovely going out top, which I don't have too much of. Hmmmmm hmm

newpup Sat 28-Dec-13 18:46:05

Gone easy this year as I bought a lot in November and really don't need anything. However, picked up two half price dresses in Joules today. Thrilled with them as I tried them on full price last month and loved them both. Strangely, one is not reduced in Joules shop but was half price in the concession in John Lewis. :-) The other has been out of stock for a while and I could not get it in my size but low and behold was my size and half price! Must have been returned or hiding in the stock room somewhere.

Bought a couple of pairs of trousers in the Johnnie B sale for DD1.

foxysocks Sat 28-Dec-13 18:36:18

I got this gorgeous dress yesterday www.comptoirdescotonniers.co.uk/eboutique/womens-collection/dresses/5653-pareto-color-eclipse-pareto.html

and a starry laptop case for my new macbook grin www.net-a-porter.com/product/356855

a REN moroccan rose skincare set half price from space nk

plus a couple of presale bits - this sweatshirt www.pinterest.com/pin/250231323019752962/ and this tee www.matchesfashion.com/Product/153742

AlwaysSleepingBeauty Sat 28-Dec-13 18:23:45

I have bought some purple cable knit tights from Autograph at M and S for £8, a camel cape from ASOS marketplace, a navy maxi skirt from River Island for £15 and some steam cream to try after hearing other MNers tslk about it not that I'm easily persuaded

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now