Are you dressed up or dressed down for Xmas?

(52 Posts)
CardiffUniversityNetballTeam Wed 25-Dec-13 11:18:16

I am dressed down today as we are at home all day.
I am wearing a fleece fair isle onesie from boohoo.com.
Tomorrow we are visiting relatives so I will dress up. Not sure what dress I will wear but it will definitely be a pretty dress and high heels occasion!
How about you?

karatekimmi Wed 25-Dec-13 11:20:14

In my brand new onesie from my DSis. I don't plan on changing out of it until NY!!

SantasComingEarlyHisSackIsFull Wed 25-Dec-13 11:22:14

I am in my big, bright red, flarey, 50's style, swirly Christmas dress. I am working and will finish at 13.00.

pixelchick10 Wed 25-Dec-13 11:26:49

sparkly jumper and red trousers - at home

BumPop Wed 25-Dec-13 11:27:16

Xmas jumper and tartan PJs. So comfy. Will change into jeans for a walk in park, them back to elasticated waist PJs for lunch and sofa chocs and film. grin grin grin grin grin

SecretNutellaFix Wed 25-Dec-13 11:28:03

We are dressed. That's enough. Only me and DH in our little family, but we are at his parents for the day. I have on a green lace dress, he has T-shirt and jeans.

HyvaPaiva Wed 25-Dec-13 11:38:09

More dressed up than down. Black sequin jumper, black and white boucle mini skirt with a silver thread through it, floral patterned black tights. I didn't intend to get dressed up but the sequins and silver threads were clearly calling to me.

PacificDingbat Wed 25-Dec-13 11:44:06

I am dressed up.
DH is dressed.
DS3+4 are dressed in new stuff that Santa brought.
DS1+2 are in their PJ onesies - they will need to be forced told to get dressed for Christmas dinner fgrin

CestelloAnnunciation Wed 25-Dec-13 11:59:50

Oh my GOD. Never ever had a PJ day at Xmas, always dressed up. We decided on the spur of the moment to get back in to fresh PJs after showers this morning...why have we not done this before?? Its bliiiiissssss.

dexter73 Wed 25-Dec-13 12:00:14

I am dressed up - black lace skirt, black top, black tights and leopard skin shoes. I love dressing up so always take the chance when I can.

missmargot Wed 25-Dec-13 12:01:48

Half way dressed up here. Isabella Oliver maternity wrap dress with a silky kimono top, but leggings, slippers and no make up as yet.

gaggiagirl Wed 25-Dec-13 12:06:47

Up!

Black fit'n'flare dress,opaques and patent dr marten boots.

novelsituation Wed 25-Dec-13 12:07:15

Currently wearing sports stuff as been out for a bracing walk.

After shower will dress up in the new Whistles dress which was my present from DH. Very happy.

Inbetween. Hush hareems and a white co top. Hugh feeding boobs and post c section tummy so hard to fit into much that's smart.

DCs are watching box set of Sherlock in pjs, dd still in stinky babygrow (will change her in a mo), DH just having shave and shower and am betting will be shorts and polo for him (he is a walking GAP advert and Christmas doesn't change that).

MillyChristmas Wed 25-Dec-13 12:12:23

Still in pjs and new slippers. Will wander upstairs and get dressed into a black pencil jersey skirt, black tight v necked fitted top and red cardigan.

Half dressed up. Ordered black Lydia dress from boden sale and it came yesterday.

http://www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Womens-Dresses/Day-Dresses/WH540-BLK/Womens-Black-Lydia-Dress.html?NavGroupID=4

Even accessorised too. Wearing necklace from dd2 and bracelet from dd2.

No makeup and hair is very unstyled but that's normal for me!

NoComet Wed 25-Dec-13 12:13:29

Nice top, jeans. I always get sit on floor hand out presents duty

Theironfistofarkus Wed 25-Dec-13 12:15:08

All Xmas jumpers here. Mine plays jingle bells

TheBookofRuth Wed 25-Dec-13 12:20:33

Sort of inbetween. Black velvet skinnies, dark blue cowl neck Phase Eight jumper (present from DM), make up, and vintage 1940s earrings (present from DH). But I'm still in my slippers and have my hair pulled back into a ponytail to prevent it moulting into the Christmas dinner.

gastrognome Wed 25-Dec-13 12:21:38

Am dressed up in this (first dress in list). Don't usually get as dolled up but just fancied a change this Christmas. Am sparklier than the Christmas tree!!

Paintingrainbowskies Wed 25-Dec-13 12:40:37

Somewhere in the middle!

Red boden tunic which was a gift, black Dorothy Perkins Eden jeggings, heels but changing into my national sugar boots for the walk home from Mums.

MarshaBrady Wed 25-Dec-13 12:41:04

Middle. J Crew patterned jumper, wool grey shorts, black wool tights and neon plimsolls. Good for playmobil activity and cooking.

emseth Wed 25-Dec-13 12:47:56

My husband and I are in matching santa onesies.(don't normally do matching clothes but we've made an exception!) We're at my parents all day today. The large baby bump sets mine off nicely! fgrin

ironmansmum Wed 25-Dec-13 12:49:01

A dress, heels, makeup, hair, flashing necklace, the works! Needless to say by the time I've finished cooking ( and
having a festive tipple!) I will look slightly flustered but hey! Least I've tried. Merry Christmas!!!!!!

HereIsMee Wed 25-Dec-13 12:58:45

Deffinately dressed down just about to change into a onsie because we are having a chilled-out-stay-at-home Christmas today :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now