Inspire me with your 2014 S&B resolutions, please!

(54 Posts)
RevoltingPeasant Sat 21-Dec-13 19:15:29

So is anyone else already thinking... "After Christmas I'll start cutting carbs/ using night cream every night/ waxing more regularly"?

I'm letting myself go now, but after Xmas I have promised myself to

- have a good wardrobe clear out and be honest with myself about what doesn't fit

- start yoga again

- get into a better skincare routine

- wear make up even when I am not at work so I actually use my non- work make up like bold eyeliner, wine coloured lipstick etc

I've started by clearing off my vanity table and putting all my make up that I never wear into a bag to take to see my DSisses tomorrow - some of it is brand new and I just didn't get on with it.

Is anyone else making resolutions in their heads?

Emerge from the baby years and reclaim myself .... grin

Get some new bloody shoes / boots - stop looking such a scruff
Decent make up / skin care every day
Early nights
Shag DH regularly again but don't get pregnant
Stop frowning / stressing
Laugh
Get hair done before it looks witchy woo rather than wait til it looks shit
No sugar
5:2 diet to shift final 10 pounds
Swimming / yoga

Be brutal and have huge clear out of wardrobe - 90% is no longer fit for purpose. I still have my power suits from ten years ago - look as dated as something Melanie Griffiths would wear in working girl.

PosyNarker Thu 26-Dec-13 23:39:16

Oh I need to lose 2 stone.

I had reasons before but now I have REASONS.

Argh!

sugar4eva Thu 26-Dec-13 23:34:15

Have noticed a couple of references to buying les s but better quality clothes on this thread.were to buy please?!

alemci Thu 26-Dec-13 23:05:58

try to paint my nails regularly so they look nice.

use face packs

use up all my stuff before buying more

Eliza22 Thu 26-Dec-13 21:55:33

Have had 3 days "off" my daily exercise and MyFitnessPal, so am aware that any more, and I'll be back where I started. Have lost a stone and a half and it's been wonderful. The best bit? Not having to worry about what to put on..... everything fits!

So, I'm back to it after the holidays!

cardamomginger Wed 25-Dec-13 23:47:22

wear make up

Theonlyoneiknow Wed 25-Dec-13 21:51:49

Oh and stop plucking my eyebrows!! They will never grow back though but I need to pack it in. Might try some if that rapid lash serum on them ??

Theonlyoneiknow Wed 25-Dec-13 21:50:50

This is a good way to write down what I intend to do and can come back to it if I stray!

Get fit again, pre DC I did loads of sports but I need to try and prioritise exercise over watching the telly. That will mean I can wear all my clothes rather than half my wardrobe being banished to the spare room because I can't do the buttons up.

Learn how to apply make up properly rather than just slap on some tinted moisturiser, grey eyeliner and mascara every day.

Sort out a hairstyle, possibly go for the chop?!!

Lovewhereilive Wed 25-Dec-13 21:01:18

Ditch the sugar and go low carb, need to shift some weight.

Try and exercise more,do a bit now but never enough.

Have my eyebrows shaped.

Buy a decent leather handbag.

Have a massage.

TeaJunky Wed 25-Dec-13 14:17:58

Have more sex.

Have more sleep.

Have more fun.

grin

rusmum Tue 24-Dec-13 08:02:24

Run twice a week. Stop drinking alcohol for whole of 2014, decal utter wardrobe

DolomitesDonkey Mon 23-Dec-13 05:28:12

This year I've blow dried nearly each and every time and yesterday was the first day in I don't know how long I wasn't wearing make-up.

For 2014:
1. Continue with the hair + face but expand to include lipstick.
2. Another one needing to sort out manky hands.
3. Find somewhere I can get sheepskin mittens where the wool isn't torn from a live animal's body - suggestions anyone? sad
4. I'm pretty happy with my buy less/more quality regime.
5. Lose 4 stone.

Matsikula Sun 22-Dec-13 19:01:59

OOPs my wardrobe has now got out of control again.

What I definitely don't need is more winter hats or any more scarves - I have way too many - and people keep buying me more.

I might write 'no scarves or hats' at the top of next year's spending diary.

Matsikula Sun 22-Dec-13 18:58:37

More sleep, more exercise, less sugar, more haircuts, more wardrobe detox.

I've been writing down all clothes purchases for the last 2 years and it has made a big differnce to my spending habits (my goal was to buy less, but not necessarily to spend less). However, I recently re-acquired a load of stuff my parents were binning and my wardrobe has got out of c

1.Carry on losing weight
2.Only buy things I love, not ones that will do
3.Make an effort with hair and make up

Corygal Sun 22-Dec-13 18:22:12

1. Wear The Clothes of Shame ie the beautiful stuff I've already got - do not leave McQueen jackets languishing unworn at the back of the wardrobe while belting out in a Primark pacamac.

2. Get feet measured. Can they really have grown 2 sizes since I was 20?

3. If making a new purchase, consider how it will look covered in tabby fur prior to payment. Foolproof spending contraceptive.

aprilmay Sun 22-Dec-13 18:07:45

My resolutions are about being a bit more 'me' again. I let myself down a bit this year and so will be getting myself back to normal by:

1. Wear my beautiful lipsticks when on a night out.
2. Wear the clothes in my wardrobe.
3. Only buy things that I love.
4. Keep up the weight loss.
5. Drink more water.

JoanRanger Sun 22-Dec-13 14:50:55

Keep exercising.

Buy no more cosmetics or clothes till at least March.

BitchyFestiveFace Sun 22-Dec-13 14:45:05

Have a clothing clear-out

Lose half a stone

Stop giving in to ridiculous compulsion to buy multiples of favourite clothes hmm

Use up all the toiletries I have amassed before buying any more!

Floisme Sun 22-Dec-13 14:02:07

Oooh..er I hope that didn't put a damper on all the fun chat. My other resolution is to learn how to put on lipstick grin

Floisme Sun 22-Dec-13 11:04:22

To stop bleating about fast fashion ethics and start voting with my wallet. I love clothes but I am sick and tired of retailers (high end as well as low) outsourcing all control of their supply chains then wringing their hands when caught out.

I am researching online ethical retailers. There is more choice than I realized and, while not everything is to my taste, it is by no means entirely handwoven from lentils. And there is a range of price points, although obviously nothing is dirt cheap. I'm not pretending I will give up the high street but, if an ethical company has what I want, I will buy from them.

That looks a bit pathetic written down but it's a case of small steps.

Saurus72 Sun 22-Dec-13 09:32:22

Lose 1 stone by Easter. Continue to pare down my wardrobe by donating/ selling stuff through dress agencies. To really love every piece of clothing I buy to avoid having a wardrobe full of blah, and to go to the gym 3x a week. To not buy any more nail polish until I have used up my current stock.

Drink more water.
Take off make up before bed.
Lose some weight and eat more healthily.
Stop buying cheap crappy clothes.

QueenCadbury Sun 22-Dec-13 09:09:36

Cut back on chocolate and sugar in general to see if it improves my pmt
Give up booze for January (I try every year but fail fgrin)
Continue to buy only clothes I love rather than will do
Stop saving things for best

MarshaBrady Sun 22-Dec-13 09:05:09

Keep exercising.

Buy stuff I need first, including something for a nice lunch in the middle of dressy and everyday.

Buy pale suede with caution.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now