What's best for chapped lips?

(62 Posts)
MrsMcGregor Wed 18-Dec-13 23:01:36

Chapstick isn't healing my chapped lips - not did it prevent them! What's best please? I've found Blistex good in the past but maybe there's something better out there?

Thanks

I have a free option... drink enough water. I find I always get chapped lips when I am slightly dehydrated. Drink loads of water and it happens less.

ConstantCraving Tue 07-Jan-14 21:29:02

Korres Guava lip balm - its yummy, and it works.

Drink lots of water and carmex.

WhereIsMyHat Tue 07-Jan-14 22:28:27

Having left my nuxe lip balm 200 miles away, two nights ago, I can now say 100% hands down that it is the best ever lip balm. I already have dry lips. I'm going out to buy another pot tomorrow.

Coconut oil, rub into your lips.

Gently scrub with a damp flannel to get rid of flaky bits.

Reapply coconut oil, then your normal moisturiser over the top to seal the moisture in.

Then go to bed and wake up to lovely lips!

Hassled Tue 07-Jan-14 22:32:41

Vaseline. Nothing works better than vaseline.

chocolatespiders Tue 07-Jan-14 22:36:59

Palmers coco butter one is lush.

Carmex used to contain alcohol which is drying, it may have changed though.

solomanswife Wed 09-Apr-14 17:39:34

If you're a fan of Carmex lip balm and know someone going to the States, ask them to stock up for you. They sell 3 for $1.99 in most drug stores. Of course you might be crossing the Pond yourself...

KitKins Wed 09-Apr-14 23:01:08

Camex do a lip balm. It comes in 3 or 4 subtle colours and gives your lips a bit of shine and colour. It has the same tingle and cooling effect of the pot, so I assume it is the same stuff. This is my everyday bit of glam!

www.boots.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10052&productId=1288109

KitKins Wed 09-Apr-14 23:01:20

Sorry, can't seem to do the link thing!!

MrsMarigold Wed 09-Apr-14 23:03:13

I lover Lavera lip balm and burt's bees.

AngelinaCongleton Wed 09-Apr-14 23:09:02

Carmex

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now