Boden Sale - what did you get?

(44 Posts)
NorthernLebkuchen Sat 14-Dec-13 12:51:20

I got the early e-mail so my order arrived today. I got two pairs of pull ons for dds which are really nice colours. Gathered band tunic in black for me which is lovely and two Emma tops. Very pleased with them for the price. I have a 38H cup bust and they fit very nicely.

I bought the Beauvoir Blazer in pewter. I have the pewter spot printed scarf (which arrived the other day after several weeks wait) and plan to wear them with jeans over Christmas.

The blazer was half price plus they emailed me a free delivery code, so a bargain.

2madboys Sat 14-Dec-13 13:47:35

I got a big surprise when I discovered a dress I ordered earlier in the week had increased in price!

NorthernLebkuchen Sat 14-Dec-13 14:39:23

2mad - that will be the case for a lot of things I think as they've had 20% off for ages and then 30% as well. The Emma top are 50% off though which is a very good price and the tunic had 40% off so happy with that.

NorthernLebkuchen Sat 14-Dec-13 14:41:46

The blazer is a good reduction isn't it?

I didn't order from the sale. I had ordered that morning went back online to see what else after getting the email and two of the items I'd brought that morning were more expensive, especially as I'd have had to pay p&p.

varigatedivy Sat 14-Dec-13 15:39:26

Nothing.
I didn't like it full price and I don't like it reduced either. My worst Boden season ever.

2madboys Sat 14-Dec-13 17:44:14

If anyone wants a recommendation, I got the Westbourne dress. Keeping the red which is stunning and the blue is nice too, but can't afford both, unfortunately! They were £79 and now £47 so a good reduction and really flattering and fully lined.

Chocolateteabag Sat 14-Dec-13 18:10:10

WTF!!!

bastard Johnnie has just sent me a postcard in a paper bag saying the sale starts tomorrow!! The lying rat. And the stupid bag is to breathe into? Yes before I puke into it at the wretched cheek!

CointreauVersial Sat 14-Dec-13 18:14:10

Wasn't blown away by much this season, and the prices get higher and higher every year, so the sale is less of a bargain. I might get a couple of presents though.

MrsCampbellBlack Sat 14-Dec-13 18:18:49

Some sweet holly knickers and pyjamas for DD. Also ordered the navy lace skirt for myself but suspect it won't be any good.

BumgrapesofWrath Sat 14-Dec-13 18:25:51

The first whiff I got of this was the paper bag delivered today too!!

The first I knew about it was the stupid paper bag too. Which prompted me to look online to see if it had started early (as Boden has form for this) and while I was browsing the free delivery email came through.

I normally order quite a lot from the Boden sale, but I've found it pretty uninspiring and expensive this season TBH. I bought a few things earlier on with the discounts they've been doing and they were often cheaper than sale prices. If the blazer turns out to be nice that is a pretty good buy, but this is the first time in years that my sale parcel will only contain one item.

NorthernLebkuchen Sat 14-Dec-13 20:23:56

Just looking at pjs for women and the discounts are tiny.

BitchyFestiveFace Sat 14-Dec-13 21:18:33

They won't reduce the nightwear by much this side of Christmas because so many people buy it as a present.

All pretty uninspiring, I've abstained. Will wait till clearance.

Lighthousekeeping Sun 15-Dec-13 00:34:31

I thought it was bloody awful. Ten pound off here and there. What's with the children's stuff? The Johnny B range looked like it was all left over from the Summer. Even reduced they are taking the p. they have got really greedy still annoyed they too the nhs discount away.

herecomesthsun Sun 15-Dec-13 08:56:16

They had an NHS discount??

AndTwoBits Sun 15-Dec-13 10:45:42

I bought the white ankle skimmer skinnies for £14.70.

booboomonster Sun 15-Dec-13 11:42:10

Please does anyone have a free delivery code? I was going to get some pants for the DDs and last night there was free delivery over £30. This morning its gone!

booboomonster Sun 15-Dec-13 11:53:20

Actually it just came up. W015 if anyone wants it.

NorthernLebkuchen Mon 16-Dec-13 23:11:20

DIRY gives free delivery over £30 according to the email I got today

Elsiequadrille Mon 16-Dec-13 23:22:13

I was similarly unimpressed to receive paper bag through the post (I read about the secret sale on here).

I haven't bought anything. I bought what I wanted months/weeks ago, some at better prices than currently, though I suppose they'll further reduce in next couple of weeks.

MoreThanChristmasCrackers Mon 16-Dec-13 23:50:42

Not my cup of tea at all.
Are you all young, middle aged?
I really can't think of a time I would buy any of these clothes.
Am I missing something?
To me it all seems bland, unimaginative and a bit non descript.
I'm sure its anything but my opinion to you, who buy, wear and love it. It seems to be very popular too

Elsiequadrille Tue 17-Dec-13 00:25:23

It has its mix of clothing, Boden. The frumpy, the garish 'fun' prints, and perhaps not as good quality as it used to be. But it still has a few classic, quality items and isn't too expensive, especially with the perpetual codes and offers. In my opinion of course wink

NorthernLebkuchen Tue 17-Dec-13 08:18:02

The knitwear is AWFUL this season. No wonder there are such big reductions on it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now