Please help me find a deep red lipstick!

(26 Posts)
LittleBabyPigsus Tue 10-Dec-13 23:05:03

Looking for a red lipstick in the same colour as this dress. Finish doesn't matter. Price up to £10. Any ideas?

stella69x Thu 12-Dec-13 21:38:06

Marking place for reference for when I shop for red lipstick at the weekend. Glad I scrolled as was thinking of starting a similar thread

LittleBabyPigsus Thu 12-Dec-13 12:22:03

I love the Topshop lipstick, I have Beguiled.

Catswiththumbs Thu 12-Dec-13 00:20:15

I really like the Topshop lipsticks, and they are within budget.
Loads of different shades of red, I used rio rio this summer, currently using a purpley deeper red.

LittleBabyPigsus Wed 11-Dec-13 18:49:06

Found what I think will be my choice today - L'Oreal Color Riche serum lipstick in 502 True Red. £8.69 in Boots and amazing staying power for a very moisturising lipstick. I never usually go for L'Oreal makeup for some reason but glad I tried it.

AdoraBell Wed 11-Dec-13 14:55:18

No, Latín América.

QueenCadbury Wed 11-Dec-13 13:38:33

I don't get on with the Kate moss red as I find it almost a bit on the brown side. I prefer Rimmel red diva.

ElizabethBathory Wed 11-Dec-13 12:31:40

Only just seen this Little, I answered you on the winter thread smile I second Mac Russian Red or Kate Moss Rimmel 01! Personally I'd pay the extra for the Mac as I hate the Barbie plastic smell of the Rimmel and it doesn't have such awesome lasting power.

Stokey Wed 11-Dec-13 10:43:44

Mac Ruby Woo is great colour but over budget and very matte/dry. Lisa Elridge does a great tutorial on different red lipsticks and which suit different skin tones - all about blue tones and orange tones.

Can't link to it as am at work but if you look on her site, you'll find it.

Curioustiger Wed 11-Dec-13 08:45:31

The body shop does a lovely red lipstick in that shade that is quite cheap. I personally don't get on with the Kate moss one or the MAC ones... Too dry.

LittleBabyPigsus Wed 11-Dec-13 05:18:35

Hah yeah, they're quite a lot over £10 :D £10 would get me a Revlon or Maybelline lipstick, for comparison. Both the ones you mentioned are over £20 here (and I'm actually struggling to find the Guerlain one for sale here, are you in Australia by any chance?).

AdoraBell Wed 11-Dec-13 02:43:30

I don't know what Those Two retail at in the UK, sorry if too expensive.

AdoraBell Wed 11-Dec-13 02:41:31

I like Guerlain number 525, Folie de Grenat for dark red and Dior Addict number 754 for a brighter red. The Dior is glossy.

LittleBabyPigsus Wed 11-Dec-13 02:34:30

Maybelline Superstay in Red Passion is lovely but on me it's a fire engine red rather than a dark red. Maybe Cherry Pie? Fire And Ice is an orange red so not really suitable since I'm looking for a true or cool red (like the dress I linked to). The MUA lacquer looks like it's brighter on than in the tube but will try it if I can find a tester. Will perhaps try Revlon Really Red.

lookatmybutt Wed 11-Dec-13 02:23:59

BTW, you want to avoid couriers like UPS and FedEX. They pay maximum tax on your behalf and also charge you 'brokerage' fees.

Go for USPS shipping.

lookatmybutt Wed 11-Dec-13 02:16:35

MUA lip lacquer in Reckless

Maybelline SuperStay in Red Passion

Revlon Fire and Ice

I find the Rimmel Kate Moss lipsticks to be overrated.

PS, I love Modcloth stuff. I'm usually OK on the customs.

LittleBabyPigsus Tue 10-Dec-13 23:44:04

Bunny unfortunately anything over a certain value being shipped in from overseas gets those taxes, not just a ModCloth thing - it's a HMRC thing.

I'm not actually getting the dress, just needed an example of the colour I want.

HyvaPaiva Tue 10-Dec-13 23:26:08

Maybelline Color Sensational in Hollywood Red (540) is another good cheap one that's retro fabulous. The dress is lovely!

MrsBertMacklin Tue 10-Dec-13 23:20:59

Another vote for the Kate Moss 01. I'd also have a look at Maybelline Superstay 14-Hour in Ravishing Rouge or Non Stop Red. Revlon also have a really good range of classic reds.

McFox Tue 10-Dec-13 23:20:29

Another vote for the Kate Moss red, shade 1. It's perfect.

YY to the Kate Moss Rimmel one. It's shade 01 and is lovely.

Collection 2000 have a luxury range of lippies out at the minute and they are gorgeous. There's one called Silent Movie which would be great with that dress.

I love Modcloth but don't use them anymore after being stung for £50 extra taxes by the UPS man last time I ordered hmm .

LittleBabyPigsus Tue 10-Dec-13 23:15:36

Thanks!

Gakkers Tue 10-Dec-13 23:14:43

Anyway it's a great value true red. You'll look amazing!

Gakkers Tue 10-Dec-13 23:12:44

That Kate moss rimmel one in red. Eh...guessing it's number 1????

LittleBabyPigsus Tue 10-Dec-13 23:10:28

I don't get along with MAC lipsticks unfortunately, and over my budget anyway!

Gakkers Tue 10-Dec-13 23:09:10

Omg that dress! Gorgeous! Mac Russian red. Matte and retro.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now