what do you think of this dress

(21 Posts)
mrsyattering Wed 11-Dec-13 12:09:04

Thanks for that one MairzyDoats, It's gorgeous. I think I am going to order that, hopefully it will contain my boobs smile

MairzyDoats Mon 09-Dec-13 00:13:31

Oh I was going to go to bed, but I just found this dress and I think it's perfect! Classy, sexy, navy... grin

OccamsRaiser Mon 09-Dec-13 00:06:38

One thing that I'd note is to be careful of metallic dresses (like the OP's suggestion) as they often photograph poorly at events like weddings where there might be flash photography/shiny lights - i.e. they can show every lump and bump, even when they look good 'in the flesh'.

mrsyattering Sun 08-Dec-13 23:43:14

like the FC one but don't want black, the turquoise one too bright will clash with dh.

lumpolead Sun 08-Dec-13 23:40:23

Yeh i know theres quite a few nice dresses in their sale, ive been sucked in. Being sensible and just bookmarking til tomorrow though grin

MairzyDoats Sun 08-Dec-13 23:36:50

Oops, sorry, didn't spot that blush. The FC one is lovely (bargainous too...)

lumpolead Sun 08-Dec-13 23:30:35

Unfortunately the red colour has sold out but there is black available if you like the fit of this dress

www.frenchconnection.com/product/Woman+Collections+Sale/71HI8/Ottomans+Empire+V+Neck+Dress.htm

And this too but its quite vivid

www.frenchconnection.com/product/Woman+Collections+Sale/71CC8/Dani+Crepe+V+Neck+Dress.htm

I like mairzys link again too

mrsyattering Sun 08-Dec-13 23:29:09

bugger! it's out of stock!

mrsyattering Sun 08-Dec-13 23:28:12

ohhh, I like that! kilt dark green and blue with a thin red and white accent. I might go for that, so would i need a navy cardi or something?

MairzyDoats Sun 08-Dec-13 23:27:59

Or something completely different!

MairzyDoats Sun 08-Dec-13 23:23:19

Ok, what about this one? What colour is the kilt? Wouldn't want you to clash!

mrsyattering Sun 08-Dec-13 23:14:46

Also I'm small so dresses always a bit longer on me

mrsyattering Sun 08-Dec-13 23:13:57

Mairzy- it's nice but i can't do volume round my boobs or middle. Keep them coming. My legs are not bad in opaques (or a tan, will be way to cold for that)
DP in his wedding kilt, so want to look smart next to him. kids in wedding party

lumpolead Sun 08-Dec-13 23:12:55

Oh i second mairzy thats a lovely dress and would be much more flattering imo op

MairzyDoats Sun 08-Dec-13 23:07:36

OP, what about this?

MairzyDoats Sun 08-Dec-13 23:01:36

Mmm. It's a bit Christmassy/shiny for a wedding isn't it? Also rather short, although if you have good legs it will probably look good with black opaques. In summary, I'm not sure!

mrsyattering Sun 08-Dec-13 22:57:27

lumpolelead-I look better in v necks or wrap front to be honest (big boobs) although I like that too.

Financeprincess - it's more of a cardy that a shrug (are they a crime too? ;)) just for warmth, as I think i'll get away with bare arms once back at hotel

Financeprincess Sun 08-Dec-13 22:44:08

Large should be OK but it's a bit cleavage & arms-y for a winter wedding in my opinion. Also, for the love of god, don't buy a fluffy shrug!!!

lumpolead Sun 08-Dec-13 22:40:07

It looks quite shiny on the photo but im guessing it wont be so much in real life. If it was i think your shrug and opaques would tone it down and it would look nice anyway.

What about this as an alternative though
www.newlook.com/shop/womens/dresses/monochrome-ditsy-floral-sleeveless-dress_296206509

Beware i have my own thread running at mo as im a rubbish shopper smile

mrsyattering Sun 08-Dec-13 22:24:57

www.newlook.com/shop/womens/dresses/belle-heart-silver-jacquard-v-neck-dress_297434192

going to a wedding on the 1st February in Ireland ds and dd are page boy and flower girl. was thinking fluffy shrug, black opaques, ankle boots and coat for day (ceremony in rural church) and patent heels and clutch for evening.
it comes in small, med and large. I'm a 14/16 do you think this will be ok in large. Would like to order before Christmas and get that outfit away and ready for the wedding. Don't have a big budget as having to fork out ferry, hotel for 3 nights all right after Christmas

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now