Channel four documentary about discount stores selling luxury goods. Will you be watching?

(58 Posts)
Allthingsprettyreturns Sun 08-Dec-13 20:50:59

?

Volume121 Mon 09-Dec-13 21:53:57

I

I a

I am

Volume121 Mon 09-Dec-13 22:03:42

I am a regular at TK Maxx, and have got some great sportswear, home wear, dresses etc there in the past. I was never really fooled by the RRP thing - I just decide if I think it's a good price and if I like it. You have to be savvy.

I was interested to learn about the TK Maxx own brands - I always wondered where all those random brands you only ever see in the Maxx came from! Have never bought them though, except for once I bought some Jobis shoes (which is apparently a TK Maxx own brand) and they fell to pieces quite quickly blush

Brands I buy in TK Maxx include:

Whistles
Reiss
Celtic and company
Pringle (socks)
DKNY underwear
Various decent sportswear brands, Helly Hansen for skiing etc

Sleepyhoglet Mon 09-Dec-13 23:09:50

I love maxx for cashmere

CointreauVersial Mon 09-Dec-13 23:51:49

Ooh, I missed this programme, but will watch it on catch up.

I buy from TKMaxx, but I would never buy anything, designer or not, if I didn't love it and think it worth the money.

I adore it, like a posh jumble sale, you never know what gems you are going to uncover. I always make a beeline for the toiletries, homeware, candles, handbags and scarves.

sleepyhead Tue 10-Dec-13 00:07:37

Here's a list of TK Maxx (TJX) trade names (not all active at the moment). There's 169 of them....

Floisme Tue 10-Dec-13 06:32:56

I was relieved it wasn't about tax dodging or child labour. Or mis-labelling brands or fabrics. But I'm not going to shrug knowingly and pretend I'm not bothered.

The own brands don't particularly concern me. I hadn't realised how many there were (thanks for the list, Sleepy) but it's not like they pass them off as high end. However I do object to stating items are reduced when they're um, not. And 'exaggerating' the reduction. And as for claiming old stock is 'current season', what a stupid, greedy thing to do. If I like something I don't care what season it is; what I do mind is being lied to.

I don't think we should give them an easy ride just because we love them. Sort it out, TK.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now