What are YOU wearing to your christmas do?

(61 Posts)
Workberk Fri 06-Dec-13 22:26:56

Whether it's a work party, Christmas drinks, NYE thing - what's your lovely festive outfit of choice?

Need some inspiration...

Gumps Tue 10-Dec-13 19:29:54

Thanks Workberk I will have a look.

nilbyname Tue 10-Dec-13 09:12:09

Sorry, meant to.

Workberk Tue 10-Dec-13 07:37:23

Gumps I have some dark grey patent All Saints heels with a silver heel - they'd go well with that dress I think. V nice.

rubyrubyruby Tue 10-Dec-13 04:13:00

Jeans
My company don't do glamour

TheBuskersDog Tue 10-Dec-13 00:12:54

I'm wearing French Connection, I thought I might actually get more than one wear out of it which is what normally happens when I buy a party dress.

Gumps Mon 09-Dec-13 21:51:46

Also wearing it to a glitzy Jsnuary wedding. Thoughts? Also what to wear on my feet and legs. Think bare legs and closed toe shoes.

Gumps Mon 09-Dec-13 21:50:28
Beaverfeaver Mon 09-Dec-13 21:44:14

Jeans and a jumper, it will be freezing. We are going go karting

wonderstuff Mon 09-Dec-13 20:16:48

Cool, thanks guys, I was worried it was close to fancy dress, loved it in the shop, felt self-conscious on. But definitely will wear, got gold bangles and a mate that does amazing nail art.

Love the collar. I yearn for an opportunity to wear feathers. smile

Pinupgirl Mon 09-Dec-13 19:53:37

wonderstuff-that looks amazing! You must wear it.

EvilRingahBitch Mon 09-Dec-13 19:51:09

Feather collar on frock is EPIC. You must wear it.

EvilRingahBitch Mon 09-Dec-13 19:49:43

Afraid my stomach is the only part of me that is not problematic, so cannot advise.

wonderstuff Mon 09-Dec-13 19:32:06

To a black tie do. I'm worried it's a bit too much, I've a a feather clutch to match. The dress was £18 at TKMaxx, the feather collar is Biba.

Steinerino Mon 09-Dec-13 19:31:44

As I expected then Remus, I think I'd hoped it would have magical qualities and be able to disguise my belly without the need for scaffolding. It was not to be!

I have a problem stomach - along with problem norks, problem thighs, problem bum etc etc. smile I wear sucker inner tights with mine.

DuckToWater Mon 09-Dec-13 19:07:59

I wore this for one do. Not as plain as it looks there, has chiffon sleeves. With black tights and ankle boots.

Steinerino Mon 09-Dec-13 19:00:27

I bought an Anglomania black dress in the sales last year. I was very excited only to put it on and discover that it emphasised my problem stomach area! I am slim apart from that and it made me look slightly pregnant! I was gutted and had to send it back.

Does anyone with an Anglomania dress have a problem stomach but still look good in it? It may be that I needs to try another variety.

Lovely. My purple top is pretty much that in top form.

EvilRingahBitch Mon 09-Dec-13 18:25:48

Here you go. Looks like a damp dishcloth, so you'll have to take my word for it that it really does look great on.

This is my Anglomania dress. It's nicer irl, I think - but too big for me, so I can't wear it (and I always flipping wear it anyway!).

Stokey Mon 09-Dec-13 13:57:55

Mine was on Friday. I wore Billion dollar baby red dress from Deadly is the female and a black velvet blazer, black tights and black patent heels. Got loads of compliments on the dress, recommended on here so thank you S&B.

GinRickey Mon 09-Dec-13 11:05:08
piratecat Sun 08-Dec-13 23:19:42

hi sorry. it's the navy one hanging up. tea dress with hearts. anyway i just tried it on and it's too tight around the waistblush . back to the old drawing board.

Bigbrassband Sun 08-Dec-13 22:58:06

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now