Should I buy this Hobbs coat and if so how do the sizes come up?

(36 Posts)
ClaudiusMaximus Sun 01-Dec-13 08:57:40

I absolutely adore this trench coat in green. I'm a true pear shape so I'm thinking that it'll be flattering as the belt pulls it in at the waist and then the bottom half is A-line.

I first saw it reviewed here, second coat down and thought the journalist looked fab in it.

BUT!! Look at the price, so expensive. Is it worth it?! Will it last? Will it date?!

If you decree it to pass the MN jury, then what size shall I buy (I've never bought in Hobbs before.)? I'm sort of a large 10, my arse is definitely a 12 grin

hollyisalovelyname Mon 02-Dec-13 19:03:00

If I was any size of 12 I would be delighted! grin

CanIMakeItToChristmas Mon 02-Dec-13 19:44:25

I've been eying up GREEN-14&refpage=coats-jackets this Hobbs coat for a while, but wasn't sure how warm it would be.

ClaudiusMaximus Sat 07-Dec-13 09:56:16

The coat arrived, and lo it was lovely!

The 10 just about fitted me, a 12 would have been huge.

It's very elegant, very 40s, and a lovely colour.

The material is unusual, I was expecting wool like a normal wool coat. Instead it's almost like felt, as though it's been flattened. Hard to explain, but it's nice.

The one downside is the sleeves are a little too short but I think I am quite long limbed so always have this problem!

Recommended!!! grin

UnexpectedItemInShaggingArea Sat 07-Dec-13 12:35:13

smile and again envy

I love a happy ending

ClaudiusMaximus Sat 07-Dec-13 12:51:32

And I love your name wink

CanIMakeItToChristmas Sat 07-Dec-13 18:19:03

Glad you like it. How warm is it?

ClaudiusMaximus Sun 08-Dec-13 22:40:21

Very warm, I think. I was surprised by how heavy it is!

CanIMakeItToChristmas Mon 09-Dec-13 11:54:10

Thanks. I'm very tempted by the green one now then. I wonder if it will be in the sale? Not sure I'll risk it as I have a size which usually sells out.

UnexpectedItemInShaggingArea Tue 10-Dec-13 22:47:26

I will be passing by Hobbs at the weekend, I might have to have a look. Is it lined?

alltoomuchrightnow Tue 10-Dec-13 22:52:33

a bit on the bigger side for sure... I dealt with a lot of Hobbs when i worked in a posh charity shop. Own a bit too..

ClaudiusMaximus Wed 11-Dec-13 14:35:44

It is indeed lined, as it very well should be at that price!!

I am positive it'll be in the sale but I wanted to wear it to a few things before Christmas so couldn't wait! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now