panicing have a lovely lunch to attend. am fat with huge boobs need to look elegant!!!

(33 Posts)
NeverKnowinglyUnderstood Fri 29-Nov-13 22:16:57

help!
I have found heaps of dresses that I like but they all seem to have higher necklines and so far my experience of these make my boobs huger if that is possible.
36H cup size 18 clothes, good legs so tend to veer towards trousers.

timidviper Fri 29-Nov-13 22:21:56

Have you looked at the David Emanuel Collection at Bon Marche. I am fat and find his stuff flattering as it feels well cut for women with curves

ChocolateHelps Fri 29-Nov-13 22:22:33

I find Phase Eight quite forgiving of big boobs and mum tum. Quite plunging necklines, that works for big boobs IMHO. Boots, big jewellery and a cardy (or not) to make an outfit
I aw lays find a good haircut and nails done if really pushing boat out!

SorrelForbes Fri 29-Nov-13 22:25:02

I'm going to ask, just in case! Are you definitely in the right size and style of bra? Get that bright and it makes clothes shopping slightly easier!

NeverKnowinglyUnderstood Fri 29-Nov-13 22:26:37

ok... thanks.. will have a look at david emanuel and Phase eight

was thinking heels rather than boots as my legs do look good in heels.
yes to cardy

good nails - check
good hair - have it cut every 6 weeks is in good condition it is due to be cut the wed before the event.
Jewellery - got some lovely things depending on neckline of what I wear.

NeverKnowinglyUnderstood Fri 29-Nov-13 22:30:10

deffo sorrel lady in M&S tried to get me into a 40DD and thankfully she laughed as I did when there was no way it fit. (I was trying to get cheap bra;s rather than paying bravissimo prices)

NeverKnowinglyUnderstood Fri 29-Nov-13 23:06:25

bumping for further idea's

SorrelForbes Fri 29-Nov-13 23:13:00

Phew grin

I always find that Hobbs cuts well for curves.

NeverKnowinglyUnderstood Sat 30-Nov-13 09:00:55

Thanks. Still desperately searching:-)

NeverKnowinglyUnderstood Sat 30-Nov-13 09:01:57

Thanks. Still desperately searching:-)

peachesandpickles Sat 30-Nov-13 10:05:05

What is your budget like?

peachesandpickles Sat 30-Nov-13 10:07:41

this? It's there in several different colours.

burnishedsilver Sat 30-Nov-13 11:24:49

what about this or this
Both go up to size 18 and come in curvey, really curvey and super curvey bust sizes.

burnishedsilver Sat 30-Nov-13 11:30:27

or this

NeverKnowinglyUnderstood Sat 30-Nov-13 12:16:32

thanks burnishedsilver and peachesandpickles

I am liking those pepperberry dresses. I have a bravissimo shop nearby so will pop in to see what they have

Saurus72 Sat 30-Nov-13 16:14:45

I would keep it simple in terms of shapes. Speaking as someone with big boobs myself, I think frills and fussier garments (that I tend to associate with places like Phase Eight tbh) can look a bit barmaid-ish. Not sure what your budget is, but have you looked at the dresses in Jaeger? Sorry, am on iPad and can't work out how to copy and paste links, but there is a lovely navy silk dress, with a floral pattern, knee length and quite elegant looking I think. And another, again navy, with a leopard print. Plus Jaeger always seems to cut quite generously. Quite spendy, but elegant.

polyhymnia Sat 30-Nov-13 16:41:34

What sort of venue is this lunch in/ what's the occasion?

Second keeping it simple. A jersey wrap dress similar to the Alexandra one will flatter your curved whilst being forgiving of the bits you want to hide. The pepper berry twist front is lovely too. Statement earrings and bracelet will attract the eye. Good shoes and bag too.

NeverKnowinglyUnderstood Sat 30-Nov-13 22:30:28

thank you ladies.
I have wondered if more formal fabric than jersey would be more flattering?

will wander over to the jaeger website.

NeverKnowinglyUnderstood Sat 30-Nov-13 22:40:43

am loving this jaeger

is it wrong to hide in black??

Saurus72 Sat 30-Nov-13 22:54:34

I think that would be a really lovely option Never. Totally cliched I know, but I think that dress completely personifies the whole 'dress it up, dress it down' approach. I think it would be unlikely that you would regret buying a dress like that, plus £70 not bad.

Although, in answer to your other point about non- jersey fabric being more flattering. Generally, for me (size 14 with some wobbly bits), I would say yes. I'm a big fan of silk dresses, especially with a decent lining, as I find the fabric skims instead of clings.

Good luck and please come back with an update when you've made your decision!

NeverKnowinglyUnderstood Sat 30-Nov-13 23:33:06

right bought it.

going to arrive in the next 3-5 days.
have got necklace and bracelet planned

good tights and heels.

THNAK YOU

feel much better

polyhymnia Sat 30-Nov-13 23:51:52

Great choice. You can't go wrong with Jaeger.

Saurus72 Sun 01-Dec-13 00:11:08

Huzzah, now you can get a good night's sleep!

burnishedsilver Sun 01-Dec-13 00:57:53

You can't go wrong with that. Good choice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now