L'Oreal Nude Magique eau de teint

(23 Posts)
alltoomuchrightnow Thu 28-Nov-13 18:48:23

Tried today for first time.
Now , I realise the word 'eau' is in the title..but really didn't expect it to be this runny / watery! Spilt about a third of it inc up the walls Note to self, very gently pour out a small amount; don't tilt bottle too much..
So.. what do you make of it?
I found.. it feels lovely; silky texture. I find it to be like a lighter version of my old Armani foundation (can't remember the name). It's probably not the best foundation for my quite oily skin. My concealer didn't go on as well as usual (felt 'slippy') so I would have to use this with a primer in future.. which I can't usually be bothered with... Also. as with my Armani.. it seems to show up dry patches..
So I'm on the fence re this, but will use it for a few weeks to be sure

alltoomuchrightnow Thu 28-Nov-13 18:49:32

I would think it would be perfect for normal - dry skin that doesn't get flaky patches.. at this time of year I always seem to around nose and chin.. no matter how much I exfoliate (which I don't do too often as am very sensitive)

TessTackle Thu 28-Nov-13 18:53:27

I absolutely adore it. Did you shake it vigorously before use?? I was using the unmixed juice bit of it for ages before I realised it needs shaking grin

Also I find using it on a kabuki brush the best way to get it on. The texture is amazing, not drying at all for me. Though I do find it sticks to my dry patches if I don't moisturise really thoroughly.

I've been wearing it pretty much every day, loving the coverage it gives, just ordered my second bottle I can't wait for it to come!

alltoomuchrightnow Thu 28-Nov-13 19:23:29

ah! no, i did not shake! Ha knowing me I'll shake it while the lid is off ;-)

alltoomuchrightnow Thu 28-Nov-13 19:25:06

I applied with a normal foundation brush. then finished off with a sponge. to be honest I probably used too much.. as it had flowed out so much... I will try tomorrow and see if the dry bits look better! i can only use oil free moisturisers though... i have that annoying combo of oily that still gets the odd flaky bit

TessTackle Thu 28-Nov-13 19:31:02

I use the simple light moisturiser, and double up in between eyes and next to nose. Definitely shake it, I bet that's what your problem is grin

spanishring Thu 28-Nov-13 20:04:13

It's almost identical to Armani Maestro. It's a thin alcoholy liquid but the liquid evaporates quickly leaving a very light coverage. But no good on flakey skin as it won't moisturise and no good on oily skin as it won't stay

TessTackle Thu 28-Nov-13 21:13:03

Spanish I'm combination and I've found it not flaky or to wear away, how strange.

I thought the instructions were specific about the need to shake the bottle, then put your finger over the open top and tilt the bottle, and to apply what you get with your fingers? It had good reviews on MUA (under the American name Magic Nude Liquid Powder), but I have found it a little oily (on my T zone). Nice natural finish though.

TessTackle Thu 28-Nov-13 22:36:30

I can't do finger application killed grin I just do the same with my brush and put it on in circular motions.

alltoomuchrightnow Fri 29-Nov-13 01:58:16

i'm not keen on fact that my concealer is trickier to apply.. can't live without my undereye concealer... it's nice coverage otherwise.. but i need something that really works well with concealer, that the concealer can 'stick'to

Eliza22 Fri 29-Nov-13 08:35:37

Love it. I'm combo skin so, need a sweep of powder, but then, it lasts all day, doesn't go patchy, the stuff on top of it (blush/tiny bit of Nars Laguna) stays put and my concealer is now redundant a as this is a flawless match for my skin, even under my eyes.

Shake well. Then shake again. I've had Armani Maestro (as a sample pot). This for me, is better. Wearing it in this pic.

Eliza22 Fri 29-Nov-13 08:37:40

Should add, this was late afternoon so am looking a little "glowy" but, it IS good and I think less ageing. I'm 52 and it doesn't settle into fine lines. At ALL.

TessTackle Fri 29-Nov-13 10:26:22

Gorgeous Eliza

IslaValargeone Fri 29-Nov-13 11:40:51

52! holy shit please tell me you've had a helping hand otherwise I shall chuck myself from the nearest cliff top.
You look amazing!

Eliza22 Fri 29-Nov-13 11:48:15

grin all in the genes! No "help" yet but still swear by sunblock and Roc Rollerball!

Eliza22 Fri 29-Nov-13 11:50:14

Also, I am wearing face makeup and "eyeballs". I look like shit without it!

IslaValargeone Fri 29-Nov-13 12:13:41

Bugger!
wanders off to seek nearest cliff

BeCool Fri 29-Nov-13 12:24:34

I just had to check my handbag but YY I have been using this. Brought some randomly on offer a while back and it is extraordinary.

Looks totally natural, can layer, covers all but without looking like 'coverage' - I'm loving it.

I did have it run everywhere first couple of uses - it is like water. I have now mastered the shake and fingertip approach. You don't need to use much either.

(46/combi skin/spots)

BeCool Fri 29-Nov-13 12:25:34

they do a concealer too don't they - in the same range? I am tempted to try the 'matching bits' now.

TessTackle Fri 29-Nov-13 12:26:45

I'm going to try the concealer and powder now. It's in the SuperDrug 3for2 atm smile

VivaLeBeaver Fri 29-Nov-13 12:28:39

I like it. After I bought it all the reviews I saw on beauty blogs have really slated it saying the coverage is terrible. But its fine for me.

alltoomuchrightnow Sat 30-Nov-13 02:07:23

you have the skin of a 20 yr old in your photo! :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now